When will you 'graduate' from AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by jujuchuu, Feb 11, 2015.

1. junjou19

junjou19 Member

It's honestly amazing to see how many people are saying "after Takamina graduates". As a Takamina Oshi it's heartwarming. As for me, I have no idea. Maybe I'll eventually grow out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. spacelion

spacelion Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Twitter:
    spacelaiyon
    After all of 13th gen and Riorin graduate...
    This is crazy (and oot), but I think Riorin can reach senbatsu. :rofl:

3. don

don Kenkyuusei

I thought I'd lose interest when Mariko graduated but Jurina has kept up my interest , I thouroghly enjoy the new music and videos but the older i get the younger the members get it seems.

4. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Hard to say.

While Yukirin and Rena might leave soon... Some girls are really pulling my attention as of late.

Sakura is getting prettier everyday.
    I'm really interested in seeing how Jurina will do for the next few years.
    Okada Nana and Kojima Mako is really growing on me

In the case of me somehow losing all interest in the kids for some reason, I still at least want to see Yokoyama Yui through her entire career.

5. yuminoya

yuminoya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    this never occurred to me.. until these days when people keep saying yukirin will soon graduate :/
    my first oshi is acchan, and I was clueless about 48G. I was like, "she's pretty, and always in the center, cool".
    but then I took more interest in 48G, and in the 'learning' process I somehow ended up making Yukirin my kami oshi.

if Yukirin graduate... I think I will still follow 48G in bitterness without my oshi, while supporting Yukirin's activities as well.
    until I have more love for other things (group, idol, band, whatever) that is bigger than 48G.

6. GOBlue

GOBlue Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Well I like a lot of members but a lot of them seem to be giving hints that they will be gone soon which is to be expected since many are early generation members. Takamina and Ricchan already announced their graduation. Matsui Rena, Kojiharu, Mocchi and Annin are not participating in this coming election leading to some speculation they may be leaving soon. Miichan and Sae seem to be hinting that this will be their last election. If all these members leave within the next year I might pack it in.

7. sno_rpg

sno_rpg Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I could graduate anytime, even if Mayu stays for 289372980378 years in AKB. But I just couldn't.
    There's this feeling of checking out AKB anytime, even if your kami-oshi isn't relevant.
    It's quite same with some Acchan fans, they still have this curiosity about the group even if Acchan isn't part of it at all.

If Mayu graduates, I will still be here. (until they get boring)

8. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I kind of already graduated from AKB48. Since KFC and Tomochin's graduation, I barely even follow the single releases or what's going on anymore. For me, they hit their musical peak 2010-2011 and stages were pretty much dead so the two things that most hooked me about them were gone.

I officially graduated from SKE48 when Sawako graduated.

NMB48 can put out some bops, Lemon is love, and Sayanee is an absolute queen but weirdly, I can't really get myself to follow the group much. So I guess you can say I'm not into the group enough to 'graduate' from it?

If it weren't for this impressive and smiley little girl making her splash as a center on Eien Pressure, I probably would have kept on ignoring HKT. Even though I like plenty of the members, unless the quality of their music improves enough to truly hook me then when oshimen graduates so will I.

Nogizaka46... that's really tough. They're one of the very few groups I can say I've been following since the beginning and though I've had a couple of periods spent away, I just keep coming back on for the ride. I was a fan of the music to begin with and it's just gotten better and better. I like/love all the members so much so that I've basically stopped trying to a settle on an oshimen. I'm not always happy with mgmt decisions but that's because I care so much about the group and want the best. They're my oshi group in the truest sense so it's hard to imagine I'll ever graduate from it but who knows what the future brings. Maybe mgmt will one day just say fuck all and make decision after decision that drives even the most hardcore of fans away. Or maybe the music and videos will get completely uninspired and awful. Or maybe the newer generations simply won't connect with me and fail to keep me when the current gen leave. If it happens, it happens.

9. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

When I lost interest

10. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

I stopped following 48group for some time after Oshima Yuko graduated, along with most other 1,2 gen members graduating it was not the same, every face I watched in TV shows and so on gone, only young generations left.
    Kinda like the depressing feeling watching DOCUMENTARY of AKB48 The Time Has Come, it was just so much new. Could not find the energy to support it anymore.

But I found new members to support with all I can.
    Jurina and Tani caught my eye, along with members like sayanee, sasshi that I just love.
    No one will ever be another Oshima Yuko in my eyes, but there are gems left to support.

And hey, I support Yuko still, love to watch all her dramas and everything she appears in.
    I just regret I could not make it to Japan when she was still in the 48g and meet her in person, biggest regret.
    And that's why i'm going to Japan next year to meet Jurina and Tani, so I won't make the same mistake again :)

11. kagayakashii

kagayakashii Kenkyuusei

I think it'll just happen gradually when life gets busy with other things. I can't think of any reason why I would consciously decide to stop following 48G. For now, I'm moving to Japan so it definitely won't be anytime soon!

12. alohano

alohano Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Maybe in two weeks! LOL

13. emiche.

emiche. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    I don't know.
    I follow AKB since quite some time now.
    Acchan used to be my kami oshi and I lost a little bit of interest in the group after her graduation but I found Tanochan quite quickly after.
    But I don't think all of my interest in the 48 franchise is due to my oshis. I follow the groups because I like the concept and they're keeping me entertained.
    For example I don't have an SKE oshi but I still follow the group.
    But we never know we'll see after Tanochan's grad.

14. Jamie

Jamie Kenkyuusei

When there is no one in AKB that I'm interested in :D Now I'm having Paruru, Naachan and Mion <3

15. Mekashikuta

Mekashikuta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I'm staying with AKB48 until they disband. Or should I say all of 48G (except SNH48 and JKT48 I don't follow them much, I prefer Japanese groups) :lol:
    I'm interested in 48G as a whole groups and I have many favourite members in every group. And slowly I'm noticing new young members and a lot of them have potential.
    So when my older oshimens leave I just move to other members. Yeah It will be sad when my favourite members leave but they will stay in my heart and mind forever but it doesn't mean they die and there are too many good members in all groups. You can pick almost from 600 members and I cound name too many which I know and really like :inlove:
    I guess I'm intereted in them for a long time to stop :hehe:

16. L4verra

L4verra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaya
    Twitter:
    L4verra
    Honestly, I have no idea up to now.
    I mean, there was a group that I still follow even though they disbanded some 2 years ago (Ebisu Muscats). If I am still following what the individual girls are doing now, imagine when I am going to let go of AKB48 and Nogizaka46...

I think the only way I would let go of the 48/46G fandom is if I grow out of it somehow, whether because all my friends did or because all my favorite members are gone. There will be a time where all my friends will grow out of it as well, and there will be a time where all of my favorite members graduate (Minegishi Minami, Watanabe Mayu, Shiroma Miru, Murashige Anna, Wada Maaya).

I am guessing that I won't graduate from 48/46 in the next 2 or so years.

17. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    to be honest ......... i don't have much interest in AKB48 now as much as before (2011-2012) , the only thing keeping me interested is Takamina since she's my kami oshi

so i think i will turn into a casual akb48 fan after her graduation , like i will still check their music from time to time but i won't be much attached to the group like before....

18. mcbcagirl

mcbcagirl Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lilxicanita
    Idk I have slowly been separating myself from the group...the songs these past 2yrs or so just aren't keeping me hooked...yet I'm always coming back to see what they r doing, especially sae...so maybe I'll fully stop once she's gone...although tano yuka has caught my attention...or maybe I'll continue as now, more of a casual fan (except for ssk and rh when I actually become more of a sae wota and vote for her)

19. jell0

jell0 Kenkyuusei

When the last of the original generation that I follow leave. I think I might still pop in from time to time to see what Jurina and Sayanee are up to, but the members that are around my age are dwindling. I follow blog posts and other social media stuff & look at things like fashion, daily activities and development like this. I think it would just be waaaay too weird to be following / looking at pics from 13/14 year olds' daily lives and kind of dull. :^^;:

20. Razil

Razil Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Probably, if another amazing group shows up? I was really into Hello!Project (I hate AKB48 back then because of bad reputation as singers). Then never to know I am dwelling with 48/46 activities as much as Hello!Project activities now. Though, sometimes I still listen to Hello!Project singles but not quite that excited anymore.