1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

When will you 'graduate' from AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by jujuchuu, Feb 11, 2015.

1. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I've only got into AKB over the last year, but I'll probably stop if I haven't grown out of it already when I'm older than all of the members. At that point all of the members I like will have graduated.

2. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

As long as I find their releases catchy and their shows make me laugh I have no intention of stopping to follow the 48G.

(Maybe if I am a grandmother someday I might keep it as a secret or else it might be harder to explain to the grandchildren
    that "Well, Granny likes Japanese girls in a bikini") :p

3. ZenMirai

ZenMirai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I don't know it's only been more than one year for me as a fan , with rena who recently graduated (i can already feel that it's a major loss for me) considering that i've followed a korean girl group for more than five years , i think that it will also be for another 3-4 years except i'm also entering the adult/work society so i don't think i would be able to follow them that much next year, i feel sad already T_T) but i'm still interested with them so it's all good but there wasn't any AKB new gen members that interest me , so i'm more focus on the old gens/aces & sister groups ~ and currently i'm still in a "trip down to memory lane with Rena" mood :D

4. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I thought I posted something in this thread, but surprisingly I didn't...

Honestly, it's hard for me to tell when I will leave AKB48G. I was originally a Momusu fan before, and I left the fandom around 2009-2010 once I started becoming bored with their music. I was imagining there would be a day when I would also get bored of AKB's music and leave, but right now there are other things attaching me to this fandom (the TV shows, the events, etc...and the need to go to Japan and see AKB in person!) Honestly, I'm not a big fan of AKB's music as I was before, but I still enjoy their recent songs. Music-wise, I'm leaning towards Nogizaka right now; I've been finding myself singing Nogi songs most of the time now.

I've been an AKB fan for 5 years now (I did hear of S48 back in the day, but something initimidated me about it, so I didn't join the forum until two years later during the 1830m era), so this is the longest I've been a fan of an idol group for. (That's not saying much, though, since the only other groups I followed closely were Momusu and probably Tokyo Girls' Style.) It would be nice if I could stick around for a few more years, or at least until I can cross going to Japan and going to a 48G event off my bucket list. Also, I've started following NGT recently since I've never followed a 48G group from the very beginning before, so I think I'll still be around to see how they progress by then.

One thing I do know for sure though - I don't think I'll pick another kami-oshi as soon as Takamina leaves. I never had an issue being heavily invested in a 48G member before, but this year has been especially stressful for me for some reason so I'm going to take an indefinite break from kami-oshing for a while after this year. I do have several girls I am still an oshi of, and I will probably buy votes for them at SSK next year or go to a HS for them (when I do get the chance). But yeah, I'm probably not going to involve myself in ugly debates about them in case there are haters of my oshimen out there. (The 42nd single thread and the debate regarding Takamina centering was stressful enough for me.)

So overall, I don't think I'll be graduating any time soon. There's still plenty of things for me to discover in the 48G fandom.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  5. Mitsukichi48

Mitsukichi48 Kenkyuusei

I wouldn't say i'll graduate, but i think there'll be time when i couldn't follow them closely anymore. Maybe as long as there's a girl that enjoy being an idol and i enjoy supporting her, that'll be enough to keep me around. Enjoyment is a big factor for me.
    I have to say i can't follow all 5/6 groups at once even though i like them all...

6. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    "When will you 'graduate' from AKB?" Haha! Good one, OP!
    You never truly leave. :twisted:

7. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    when they stop releasing good songs. Even if all of my oshimen grad, there would be replacement and sing the exact same songs..

8. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I've been a fan since the early days and I will never graduate, until they stop.

They're my favorite artists (all 46/48g), I haven't really listened to the rest of my music in years lol, and there's no sign of the music quality going down for me, in fact late 2014/2015 has been one of the best years song-wise for me since 2011.

Even when my oshi (acchan) graduated, and other favorite members too (like yuko) there were other's new members to take their place. I only see it getting better from here tbh. The new members are amazing, the songs are amazing, the two new groups are really exciting, etc.

The only ones I don't care about are the two foreign groups (and any more if they make them).

9. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    I'll graduate when either me or AKB48 dies.

10. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    At this point.
    I'm planning to graduate when every last one of Tentoumu Chu graduates.
    The dynamic in the group was amazing, very interesting sets of individual who're all unique in their own ways.
    A strong variety show, nice outing in Hawaii. Really showcase all of their strengths, weaknesses, and most importantly, charm.
    (They were all over the place at the start, all hang within their group, 3 AKB, 2 HKT, and SKE+NMB)
    This team really grows over time.

There's Dendenmu Chu... They're cute and all, but they're still not quite as interesting.
    The biggest difference Tentoumu Chu, they don't have their own variety or dedicated episode which puts the group together enough for us to really see their team bonding, which made us miss out on seeing their growth, not to mention less footage to archive or have reference to.
    Their story is completely different. (Tentou being super KKS, Denden being... failed copy?)
    This unit... Seem more like a bunch of individual thrown together and just sing. It don't feel like a unit at all.

Unless AKB can somehow pump out another group of girls who's as interesting as Tentoumu Chu, I doubt I'll find a reason to stay any longer.

Tentoumu Chu is, imo, the very best unit AKB ever had, bar none.
    I hope AKS will not neglected them in 2016, and maybe look to them when trying to establish a new unit. Because that unit is actually quite a success.

EDIT: Looks like I gone off topic and talked a whole lot about Tentoumu Chu instead...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  11. NonKaNon

NonKaNon Kenkyuusei

I'll graduate when paru, non, fuuchan, meru, ikuchan grad.. or some of them set as only theater girl by the management.
    And when i couldnt found an oshi for NGT, or when their debut song is boring.

my status now is casual fans.
    But on a status like Nyan, graduate or not, graduate or not (?)

Edit : now, kpop is growing on me, all their songs are good too.

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  12. Hana A.

Hana A. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    maybe when jurina grad, because she's my ni-oshi (and probably kami-oshi after saechan's graduation). But i still have a jisedai oshi (tanochan), so there's possibility to be a fan till tanochan grad.

13. celyn

celyn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miichan
    I'll probably graduate when Mayuyu graduates. She's the last among my favs who I think will stay longest in the group. I can still be a casual listener, but not really invested in buying singles/albums, voting for SSK, and keeping track of their tv appearances.

14. Reicher

Reicher Kenkyuusei

For me probably whenever English translations / fansubbers stop/quit. I can't read/understand JP so it's kind of hard to keep up and follow the group and its members when every appearance they're on are all in JP. It's the main reason I stopped bothering with Morning Musume completely since the English fans of them pretty much just died out. Sure a lot of my favorite members were gone but I still would have been interested in following and watching content of the newer members as well.

15. okayuki

okayuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    okayuki
    Watashi wa okayuki 48/46 group sotsuyo shimass.

Since Sae-chan graduate, I try to continue to interest to the 48/46 group.
    Some of them make a really good major debut, a few members are interresting. But no one can give me the energy like Sae-chan.
    I believe that in 30 year i'm not a wota anymore in my heart. The close of H!O and the worst quality of the concert and single of AKB make me think of sotsuyo.
    I have watching the sousenkyo and the concert this day and this convice me that the AKB have been much better in 2011/2013: the best periode of AKB for me.
    So i will quit this forum. Thank to all the members who helps me to know the group or Sae especcially Rka

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  16. PALEMOCHI

PALEMOCHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    after ssk i can confidently say by 2018 ill graduate from akb48, by then ill be nearing 23 and also my kami oshi will either be gone or getting ready to leave might still check out music releases and for tomu & mion but that would be about it

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  17. GOBlue

GOBlue Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    I feel like my time is coming soon. Sae-chan has graduated along with this year in particular almost every member who I tried to follow. Now that Takamina is also finally gone and Kojiharu announced she will be leaving. Really only Mii-chan and a couple others ones, are members who I know anything about. Also it is becoming harder and harder to find material in English/English subs . That youtube blackout was a blow because it blocked out not only their official channels but a bunch of other channels that had 48group material with eng subs. Other fan sites have been either slow to update or begun to shut down and replacements are not coming up quickly.

18. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I already am since kuchibiru ni be my baby. The quality of the songs from akb keep decreasing except for that 365 kamihikouki.
    I still watch bingo though, but since sata and kyoto also graduated, and my kami oshi, paruru is graduating, I think I have no reason to still checking akb48 anymore.
    I move to the purple side now lol

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Paruru is not graduating though?

20. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    I've been actually thinking about doing it recently: there are barely songs I actually like that aren't b-sides (I liked TwI but it's nothing that makes me play over and over) - I think that I'm in the verge of leaving now and switch more attention to Keyakizaka and Nogizaka, but I'm still around checking Tomu/Mayu/Naachan and more girls that I like. I've been getting very interested in HKT recently also, but I wonder if is enough to keep the interest alive.

AKB is no longer as innovative as it was ago, and I'm not speaking about the old gen members (I was a Mariko/Amina/Chiyuu fan back in 2010 when I started) but more about the concepts for singles, the ideas, the surprises...it's quite saturated and a lot of things have no longer an impact.

From my Top 3, Mayu is the one who will leave first and that will leave me with Tomu and Naachan; if neither of them are taken seriously as senbatsu members after that, that I think I'd stop following as actively as now and just focus on them as individuals.