1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

When will you 'graduate' from AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by jujuchuu, Feb 11, 2015.

1. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I already did, I still listen to the new singles when they come out, but I don't follow the group anymore and don't care about the members.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    following akb48 has been a part of my daily routine for the past 2 years and i'm enjoying it so i don't think i'll stop soon
    but when my current favorites graduate i may lose interest

3. Bekti

Bekti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I needs long process to forget this group. The things that I can do is reducing my idol activities Such as unfollowed idol's social media account, deleting photo and music and move to other girlband. I will do it later when idol is not relevant anymore, right now I still in this group

4. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I'll be stuck here until my oshimen graduates. It's a start that I don't even have to look after the Nemousu thread.

5. supermochi89

supermochi89 Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Mayukirin <3
    Twitter:
    renaimayuyu
    probably when my oshi's that are still in the group announce their graduation, all my other oshi's have already graduated.

6. kazemori

kazemori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Not even my funeral could be my graduation from the AKB / 48/46G fandom. If, hypothetically, Aki-P pulled the plug tomorrow, I would still love and support them all, including their families, forever. The entire franchise could cease to exist, and I would still support the former (and hypothetical former) members. There is nothing that could take me away from loving AKB. Does members graduating hurt? Yeah, sometimes too much. But they are moving on, and withholding my support of the group or the member because of that, seems to be counter-productive to AKB's mission. Will I cry when Yukirin graduates? Of course, probably quite a bit too... It certainly wouldn't be the first graduation that I've cried over. But hey, I love these girls... and graduation is a happy thing. They graduate either to move forward in their career, or to move forward in life. (Will I Kami-osihen? Not likely, Kasiwagi is just too perfect in my opinion, but my top post-Yukirin-graduation choice will still remain Keyakizaka's Nagahama Neru, you can hear how much she loves singing as an idol, especially in her solo, 100nen Matteba... though Hirate comes very close with her talents as Center)

7. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    I don't think I'll graduate ever...
    The group would have to end and even so I would still follow 46/48 in the other counties 'cuz it wouldn't end (Probably) and also keep following CHINA48 and =Love(Though that is Sashihara's group),and all the former sister groups of AKB and the probable stilll existing AKB48 teams in taipei and Shanghai.
    PD:I would create my own 48 group :V

8. Heelo

Heelo Kenkyuusei

Pretty much done so already, I feel like the 46 girls are just more interesting now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    When their Variety stops being interesting, so not anytime soon [hehe][hehe]

10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I am announcing that I stop supporting AKB48 Group except JKT48, my local group & Sayaya my kami oshi and I wish she really came here again and not coming back and 10 million yen awaits her in Indonesia.

I stop supporting Japan48 until there's a revolution in the management and all the criminals are put in a jail.

You know I was ambitious about Hokkaido48 because the Aynu Mosir is my favorite prefecture of Japan because I like cold place same way as I like Iceland, Finland, Norway, & New Zealand because I live in a hot country. I hold my wish until AKB48 Group got a revolution.

But I'm still going to Japan to see my 5 oneesans:
    IMG_20190424_171655.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I think I already did. Not sure since when. Maybe once the original popular members graduating one by one? Solely booked to Nogi now (used to find them boring but here I am). Their songs are still good, but the members are mostly the kawaii kind, rather than the likes of senbatsu members during their prime. They had so much variety of personalities back then.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Once all the members are unknown to me, maybe...but I will still listen to their songs.

13. missregular48

missregular48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I started following AKB since 2014, like during the ¨Kibouteki Refrain¨ era, I must admit I´m not happy with the current senbatsu regulars, the music is starting to lose its quality for me, I barely know most of the new gen girls, many girls are graduating shockingly fast, recent subbed episodes of variety shows are hard to find these days and Mahohon´s assault occurred, but when I wanted to give up on 48G in the past few months, I realized I´m somehow still interested and hopefull of what´s next for AKB. Sure, they´re not what they used to 5 to 8 years ago and they´ll likely never bounce back to mega popularity, I don´t think I´d last long enough if things get even worse, but joining a few groups online with fellow 48/46 wotas helped me to notice some of the new girls as well as girls that are making a name for themselves in the group. If only AKB, HKT and STU get bought by an agency far from AKS like what has been going with SKE lately, chances are AKB can have a steadier and healthier place with the J-Idol industry and with the fans. And then there´s the international groups like BNK, that manages to keep the 48G support at some point.

14. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    Sadly i havnt watched 48g pv since akb-no way ske-fustration

15. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    i'm a recent fan (found akb last year when sustainable came out) so it's hard to tell but most likely when my oshis graduate. but for all i know i could find new faves so like idk lol

16. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Not sure. I love the concept of 48, but little by little everything has been taken out. SSK and stuff.

It's depressing to be a 48 fan, so I moved to Kpop thanks to P48.
    Groups like Twice, BP, and ofc IZ got my attention, however, it's not the same.

I'd have to say that it's the members and the music is what makes AKB what it is.

17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I could say much the same. My main interest in 48 Group this year has been with NMB48 who at least have kept up with the number of singles releases, although sadly they've had big-name graduations. As for AKB48 itself, at least thanks to the OUC48 broadcasts I've had something new to watch and I've been able to discover some new members (especially Otake Hitomi). Likewise P48 rekindled my interest in Kpop which had fallen away for 2 or 3 years and now I'm 'stanning' more groups there than I've done in the past (but IZ*ONE more than any others).

As far as Jpop is concerned, my favourite group outside of 48G is definitely =LOVE. I've also taken somewhat more of an interest in 46G over the past year than I've done for a long time and I've started watching their variety shows. Also I've found myself following Morning Musume for the the first time since I first discovered them some years ago! (I think the three new 15th Gen members have helped me do that.)

In spite of that, AKB48 remains by far my current favourite group and no others are coming very close. Indeed the members and the music is what makes it what it is and enough has happened over the past year to continue my interest. OK, maybe some of that interest has fallen away over the past year but I'm hopeful it'll bounce back in 2021 - however they really need a 58th single release by March at the latest.

18. milkshrine

milkshrine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Ayane
    i thought about this a little and for me, i'll probably stop following their activities when i get older. though i'll most likely still listen to the music, as time goes on the new generations will become younger and i'll become older and it just feels a lil creepy (for me personally) to keep up with the activities of idols (and celebrities in general) who are way younger than me

but i still think i have a long ways to go before i "graduate" from 48g >:]

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

DAMN!! you're right. I'm turning 25 soon, and it feels weird jamming to Dakitsukou ka?

I genuinely love their music though, I hide my love for 48G with my friends, to them I listen to hip hop like every guy my age.

Anyway, I think so too, once I turn 30 I guess Saikyou Twintail will not sound right anymore, which sucks, because I love those cutesy songs only 48 can give.

Letting go of Ijiwaru chu will hurt too :/

20. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    I think I kinda already have?

And I use a question mark because I still feel invested in the group, and I want to collect cd's (but currently can't). But a lot of my favorites have graduated. There are a lot of new members but I never have the time to get to learn about them and watch Showroom or shows, etc. Which of course is my own doing.

I don't think 48G music is stale, but there's very few songs that really gain my attention. Focusing on AKB, the last A-side single I really loved was Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai...and that was in 2015 lol. Not that any of the main A-sides since then were terrible, some are catchy like Jabaja and Teacher Teacher, but as I think back, I can't remember how a few of them sound :/ Just didn't catch on to me.
    B-sides are another thing. Some sound the same, but half the time B-sides sound better than the A-Side in my opinion.

The sister groups tend to not release as much as AKB but I do watch the music videos to sample the songs. I want to make clear too that I just don't listen to AKB, I like 48G as a whole and have followed all the groups. (46G too)

I still stick around because I'm sure there will be new members that will stick with me or, maybe after this year, there will be some revival all around and I will love the music. I guess I do listen to more Kpop than Jpop in general, but that's besides the point.

So, I use the question mark mainly because I am "under the radar" rather than fully "graduate".

• Agree Agree x 1