1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Where to get AKB now that Hello Online tracker is closed?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by chiuchimu, May 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

I've used Hello Online's Bittorrent for years to watch AKB TV shows and concerts. A few days ago, Hello Online closed its BT tracker. How does everyone else get AKB media?:confused:

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Okay, before we get too far into this discussion I want to caution everyone. Keep in mind we have rules on this forum pertaining to the uploading/downloading/torrenting of 48-group material. In fact it isn't limited to the 48-groups, it goes for all material. At the same time we understand that having access to places like Hello!Online are extremely important to most international idol fans. With that in mind we will allow this discussion. However, please keep the rules of the forum in mind when posting.

Thank you.

3. edwn

edwn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuisakiko
    There are some AKB stuff on that Japanese onomatopoeia for cat sound site, not as complete and updated as H!O but it is something. Maybe the uploaders will move there or some other place later.

4. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

There is currently a discussion on the H!O forums where to move the tracker. Yesterday, they wanted to decide between a public tracker (bad for japanese seeders) and a hidden one with very strict rules and an invite-only system. I havent updated myself today, but i am sure you can find the thread.

Losing H!O is a serious blow no matter how you look at it. I am not even adressing the loss of options to get official releases for free (because thats plain illegal and should not be endorsed in any way) but the loss of the many tv shows that have accumulated over the years. No more HD versions of the recent Music Japan/Station/Buzzfeed performance. That really sucks ass. I know this is illegal as well, but the damage done by downloading AKBingo is reasonably low.

Quick rant:
    However, the guy running it stated the decision to close the tracker down was to protect his family (for example from the consequences of him getting sued). Some people were expressing their disagreement with his reasoning. Which is lol and low at the same time.

5. yumesuki

yumesuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    H!O forum will not disappear, just the BT tracker will close (in 20 minutes). Please follow the mentioned H!O thread to see what people there is doing.

6. atsukoD

atsukoD Kenkyuusei

Please check the discussion there. Then you will know where they will be. It is a long discussion already.

There is effort to preserve all stuffs from there.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  7. rka

Hey guy, i have absolutely no idea how torrents are working, but when H!O has closed down, is it true that all my unfinished downloads will never finish, because they are depending on the tracker?

Also, if i am now seeding stuff from JPS, do i automatically get rewarded? How does the JPS tracker know who i am?

8. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Well just like when D-addicts closed down a while back there was tons of talk on there, but nothing happened though.
    Hopefully H/O people will find somewhere to post stuff. Or I'll just have to find a new place to get my singles and variety shows again

9. rka

Thats what i (did not) want(ed) to know.

I have 2 concert files (1080p TV broadcasts of the 2013 - revival concerts) in queue for almost a year. They are both stuck at 88%, and apparently the only seeder globally shows up once per quarter of a year or so to give me some chunks of the missing data :).
    I guess i can discard them. Chances are high its not complete anyway. But it still sucks :>

10. rebler

rebler Kenkyuusei

Connected peers/seeds should remain but without the tracker no new ones can join. If something is actively downloading with existing seeds it should finish.
    It knows because each registered user has their own "passkey" which will be included in the tracker URL.

11. yumesuki

yumesuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    The .torrent file that you download from a non-public site contains your identification (so, do not share it). This ID is used by your client to connect to the tracker.

12. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

It's curious! We are in a globalized world, but when it comes to certain things if you do not live in the country of origin, you can not see because they do not emit abroad.

13. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Em i want to ask, i wanted dowload some file from H!O today and it kept say error , i can open it yesterday
    Is that true that HO close?

14. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Yup yup! Kinda the main topic of the thread ;) Techincally Sunday was meant to be the last day but there might have been some leeway due to the different time zones, but the tracker should be closed now. Most of the uploader shave probably migrated to other sites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. yumesuki

yumesuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    Current status is that tracker is no longer present in the website, therefore is not possible to download any .torrent file. For existing .torrent files, tracker is working, probably just to allow finishing downloads. It will not last long.

16. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Okay thx, that's explain why there are many file that doesn't usually exist when i searched it

17. itachi101

itachi101 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otanao
    so that's why....
    too bad it happened
    at this moment any development or regarding this sad news

18. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
  19. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    how to use idoru-online? i tried downloading but it cant open!! im operating on OSX system

20. okayuki

okayuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    okayuki
    someone know the staff of A!O because i can 't recorver my account after update my internet, and the recorvering thing does'nt work, i don't receive e-mail from A!O while i check that my e mail authorised this and the e mail is not in spam... I am completely lose without A!O... ;-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.