Which fandom do you identify with?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Jurinavenclaw, Jul 4, 2019.

?

Which fandom do you identify with?

1. AKB48 Groups

2. Sakamichi Groups

3. IZ*ONE

4. International 48 Group

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    I'm the type of fans that just doesn't stop following a group once I get attached to it, so 48G no brainer for me. But I have little to none knowledge or interest for overseas sister groups.

2. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    So I guess its safe to say that Japan 48G is still the main priority for many Stage 48 members then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

Still 48group for me love both national and international

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Classic AKB (2006-2013), Sakamichi thereafter. But Nogizaka and Hiragana/Hinatazaka, not Kanji Keyaki.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Not that I disagree with the conclusion, but I wonder if it matches the question's wording.

It's asking what we "identify" with, rather than what we focus on/prefer. Someone who might prefer one of the other sets might still pick AKB48 group because AKB is the mothership, and they might "identify" themselves as an AKB fan.

Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Fair point..

Though I really thought that it follows that if Nogi/Keyaki/Hinatazaka is your favorite group or the fandom you're most active in, then you identify more as a Sakamichi fan.

Do fans of Sakamichi groups see AKB as the mother group?

• Like Like x 1
  7. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Generally Sakamichi-main fans don't. But a lot of people who like both close to equally do, in my experience.

If you did the same question with only the Japanese AKB groups with the same wording I imagine there would be a bigger difference between popularity and identity. In this case, though, I think any difference would be small.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Based on the number of likes beneath the weekly posts of the softsubs for Nogizaka Under Construction and AKBINGO!, more people are looking forward to watching the Sakamichi show. ;)
    Although there are a lot of AKB fans who don't watch Bingo as often anymore, even though it had so many good episodes lately.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Maybe its more common for an AKB fan to like Nogi contents as well than the other way around for those who were Nogi fans first.

10. Rinji

Rinji Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I started being a fan of AKB48 and SKE48. Now, I'm focused on Nogi and Kanji Keyaki Then when MNL48 debuted, I focused on them because I'm a Filipino who can meet them easily.

11. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    Mainly keyaki bec more relatable and have the best song . 48 groups (specially nmb) bec has lots of dimensions into it therefore fun they're also not afraid to try diff concept on their singles. setting prejudice aside izone isn't bad tho im just a casual follower

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. idoltrash

idoltrash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tomomi Itano
    Twitter:
    idolcomputer
    I've been around since all there was, was 48g and I think nogi had a few singles? Jan 2013 I came in. so naturally 48g. I remember when jkt48 was announced/debuted as first international..
    and I had no idea wth izone or pdn48 was til late 2018 (hibernation for a while)

I was late to 48g and now it's been seven yrs for me o.o