1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Which Members Speak Fluent English?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by KyriosArios, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    There are lots! If you go to the wiki48 page for each group there is a "TV Shows" section that lists all of their TV shows.
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/AKB48#TV_Shows

Notable ones are NMB48 Geinin! and SKE48 Magical Radio. Both have been subbed in English my various subgroups (SUB48 did Geinin! 1 I believe, and some Geinin! 2, and Teppen SUB (?) did the rest of Geinin! 2 and 3, SUB48 did Magical Radio 1, some Magical Radio 2 and 3, and I think AIDOL subbed the rest of 2 and 3.)

2. Animeswordmaster

Animeswordmaster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    Ninja'd^

Yep, there's A TON of shows. That's not even including separate members' shows like Yuihan's Kyoto shows, Shiichan's quiz show, etc.

3. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    AKB48 Show!? its another TV show tho based on NHK

4. Syd4HaruNaka

Syd4HaruNaka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    Wow thanks guys. Seems like I'll be having a busy weekend ahead =D

5. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Personally my favorite by far is the Ebi series. AIDOL has subbed the entire Ebi Friday!(season 1) and Ebisho! (season 2) and are now starting Ebi Calcio! (season 3)

These feature the SKE group, and i've never seen any other show come close. Of course people have different tastes ;)

6. Syd4HaruNaka

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    Thanks for the info I'll check em out.

Hahaha your signature pic, I remember that was from AKBingo where they prank takamina.
    Poor thing they always love to make her cry. She's the best =D

7. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Hehe you're very close! I think you're referring to the episode with the broken guitar, but this is at the end of episode 55 where Kiyoto is getting married and Takamina is asked to say a few words.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2019
  8. Syd4HaruNaka

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    [SPOILER WARNING IF YOU'RE STILL ON THE EARLY EPISODES OF AKBINGO, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK]

ahhh no I was actually referring to the next prank episode a year after that where bad boys pretending to have finished their contracts and leaving AKBingo for good. Then their replacements pissed off the girls especially Sakai and Takamina haha.
    They always love to make Takamina cry all the time, too many I can't remember exactly which is which rofl

9. Fina Chairani

Fina Chairani Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizuno Airi
    Kitarie and Acchan is cute.
    I will go to download the video.

10. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Kinda like this one yesterday ^^
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Kamieda Emika (Team BII captain) does most of her tweets in Japanese and English, she goes to an English speaking university in Kansai somewhere.
    While her English isn't perfect, it's usually pretty good, even getting a lot of the colloquialisms correct, even if she's a bit literal sometimes, but it's understandable she's still learning.
    www.twitter.com/Emika_Kamieda

12. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Apart from Nozawa Rena and Hirata Rina, Akimoto Sayaka was probably the best at English.
    (What makes people think of Oshima Yuko? :lol:)
    Kitarie got the best score of the actual members on the BKA test, but that's not saying much :lol:

As for Itano, I don't think her English interview was staged. Even though the show is obviously aimed at people who want to learn English, Itano moves and looks around a lot more than somebody reading or reciting lines would. She actually sounds exactly like one Japanese girl I know.
    But then, she didn't speak English with Avril Lavigne :lol:

Here's Mako and Rina in Hawaii:

if the video does not show watch the video here
    (Rina is hilarious if you speak German)

Could someone post Iriyama Anna speaking English? Unfortunately, the link here is dead.

As for the general discussion, I grew up bilingually, as did most of the kids I grew up with. Everyone is different. Some kids have no problems learning two, or more, languages. Others struggle with just one. Some kids can only speak their parents' language properly. Others know their peers' language best. For example, I know many Japanese expats whose parents speak nothing but Japanese with them, but who can't speak it themselves. In fact, they're often less fluent than determined second language learners.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  13. alohano

alohano Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Eh....natsukashii....I was at the Sandy's shoot that day....across the street, on da kine beach lidat wit da bikini membas!!

14. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    When was that?

15. alohano

alohano Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Shogun, The shoot was a couple of years ago. There were many production coordinators and many local staff hired....because there were a lot of members and shoots were going on simultaneously. I assisted at the Sandy's shoot (the best one to actually be at without a doubt) and the ABC Store shoot. But they were everywhere. Oddly enough, I wasn't really a fan at that time...only became a fan within the last few months.

16. kinakomochi

kinakomochi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Hirata Rina (raised about five miles from where I used to live in Phoenix), Nozawa Rena (who speaks almost as well as Hillary), Team 8's Hamamatsu Riona (raised in L.A., IIRC, and equal to Hillary) are native speakers. The rest aren't even close, in that typical Japanese way (I'm Japanese, by the way).

Supposedly Yamao Rina is at Eiken pre-2, which is impressive... if it actually allows you to speak smoothly with native Eigo speakers -- I doubt it. I hope she proves me wrong on a TV show or something, though! Even the professional translators for celebrities still have that Engrish lilt, which is encouraging as I'm trying to do similar but in the opposite direction. :D

A friend here who was raised in Tokyo until 12, then Maui and L.A. for the next 25, still has a bit of that first-language-speaking-muscle hangup (vs. Hillary's and Rena's and Riona's obvious and quite remarkable transparency, to prop the quote above). But my friend's vocabulary is as good or better than any typical native E speaker. Sounding like a native to a native, is hard to do right. Only way is to constantly learn by speaking and getting schooled, every day for 4+ hrs/day, and not be afraid to do some screwing up with native speakers -- it's part of the deal, slick. ;)

17. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    who speaks fluent english ???

lmao Takamina is the queen of English of course XD

if the video does not show watch the video here

when will your faves ? :rofl:

18. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka