1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Which Members Speak Fluent English?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by KyriosArios, Jun 3, 2014.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Since this thread is here again.

Was wondering how some of the current members are with English?

2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    In 48G currently I think the only fluent English speakers are Yoshino Misaki of NMB48 and Kudo Riko of STU48. I've had a few online talks with another NMB member, my Namba oshimen Deguchi Yuina who speaks very good English but she's not really completely fluent. I found she got a little tongue-tied a couple of times but otherwise our talks have been very good.

One other fluent speaker to mention is Kitagawa Yuri of Nogizaka46, she used to live in the US and I had an online talk with her about 18 months ago, she spoke English very naturally and fluently.

Megu apparently has a qualification in English but she's never tried to speak it in any of our talks, maybe she's a little shy to do that? As for my kami-oshi Komi, I met her 3 times in Japan and each time she spoke reasonably good although still somewhat basic English. However in our online talks she seems less confident about that so I've always used Japanese. She did however write some English on the autographed card which I won from her last year (in the spoiler below).

[​IMG]

EDIT: Coincidentally the YouTube channel of Hiroshima Dragonflies basketball team has just today released a video of Rikochi interviewing in English their new signing Justine Baltazar from the Philippines (she translates for fellow STU member Tanaka Miho) - it's the first time in a long time that I've heard her speaking English:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Mahopyon is certainly not at a good enough level :XD:

Maho reading and interacting with a gifting fan from New York on Showroom:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  4. yumesuki

yumesuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    I remember that goto rara said that she got all english qualifications available in Japan. This qualify her to teach english to japanese students.