1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    How was Aigasa Moe pushed to be considered a fail push? What makes a push a "little push" and if a "little push" failed, do you label it as "fail push" or "little push"? :)

Just curious.

2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Ditto. Though I feel the same about Wakatabe Haruka (who I just learned about now, bummer) so maybe failed little push = "failed push"

3. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I don't think I would consider Moe as a failed push. When I hear the word "failed push", I think of people like Naanya or Miki. Maybe Moe is considered failed little push since she did appear a little during her KKS days.

4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    You mean she didn't get much push anyways lol...

• Like Like x 1
  5. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Hirari recieved a little push tho. If you count Miree as a small push, than Hirari's the same.

6. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Reinyan just announced graduation. That's an AKB 4th gen. I bet few years later, AKB will lose gens 1-11, SKE will lose gens 1-5 (and probably disband at that point), NMB will lose gens 1-3 and HKT will lose gen 1.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  7. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    lol it's inevitable duh XD

But otsukaresama Reina :worthy:

8. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Takahashi Kira just announced grad.

WHY DID THEY NOT PROMOTE HER. :cold:

9. Matsui Hikari

Oh gawd..Unless the D2 are graduating for school purposes, they should know that they'll be promoted soon. Like really soon.

10. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    They were ready this time last year though, with the possible exception of Erii.

Even when they do get promoted, there's probably no real future for them in the group. They are behind Hiwatan, they will be behind the 16th gen pushes, they are certainly behind Matsuoka Hana, Oguri Yui, Yamamoto Ayaka etc. They'll probably just stay in theater forever, like D1. Kubo Satone might break out if she's lucky - she was in Osaekirenai Shoudou and she's up to 15 handshake slots for the new single.

Kira was a baito member back in Oct 2014, she was a staple of the special stages last autumn, she has done 43/45 B shows plus one zenza girls, she knows three different positions, she centers 7ji12fun in nearly every show, she centers Kikyou when Ryoka is absent, she's done half the Boku no Taiyou shows, she's done eight Team 4 shows as well...

"Hard work will be rewarded" is utter rubbish, basically. Such is the reality of idol life, always has been and always will be. Honestly, I'm just trying to pre-empt the "she should have been patient and worked harder, why aren't the new gens hungry for it" responses. She did everything that she was given the opportunity to try.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I also think they will get a promotion soon and I have a feeling it will happen before March, probably at Kojiharu concert. The problem is that what's next? Just by being promoted doesn't mean you get more exposure. AKB D2 KKS are basically doing the same thing as regular member so promoting them is just a formality (and probably a pay rise). But looking at the recent events, it is clear that management is focusing their energy to promote the 16th gen. By the end of the year, probably people will be more familiar with 16th gen member than D2 members considering the exposure that they've got. I don't think the other D2 would quit tho, since they are still really young, except for Nomura Nao, which I think won't quit soon since her sister is in another group and Hiwatashi probably won't quit soon. So in terms of D2 quitting, I don't think we will have more. The rest of AKB D2 are 13 and 14yrs old. Kira just turned 16.
    Just hopefully management didn't neglect them.
    If someone would graduate, let it be the older gen members.

12. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Oh sheeeeeeeet now this is surprising...

13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

OMG what? Takahashi Kira? Out of all KKS I would never expect her to graduate... I'm really surprised :/ She seems really into being "idol" and she's also a really good performer. I got to see her more when I watched some Boku no Taiyou revival stages back in mid-2016, and she's really likeable. it's sad that she's leaving before even being promoted. I liked her the most out of AKB KKS along with Rei and Satone. it's sad ._. I tried to translate what Kira said:

「I am sorry for the sudden announcement, recently I have been worried a lot about my future and about AKB, there was a lot of anxiety, I did not know what I wanted to do, so in order to find out what I really want to do, I have decided to graduate from AKB48」
    Original text: https://twitter.com/s_egg/status/829291842286055424

14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Here's full version from the official blog.

15. Matsui Hikari

Full translation: (I just clicked on "translate" directly from the blog post and it turned out pretty accurate/makes sense lol)

My thoughts: It seems that at the end of the day, many members are graduating because of their position in the group. Since many of these girls are still young, they can invest in better jobs than of just being stuck as a theater girl with almost minimum pay. I don't blame them though. There's no point in staying in a place where you're almost worthless compared to your other fellow members.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

There are obviously two sides to these stories.

1. The girls see they have nothing to achieve and decide to quit.
    Shiichan, for example, was at some point the butt of the joke cause it took her like two years to be promoted... and that's what the D2 have been waiting now.
    If we add to that the fact that even when promoted many girls barely do much (one b-side a year? wohoo!), its understandable that many call it a day.

2. The girls have no patience nowadays.
    Using Shiichan again as an example. She joined in 2007 and was nowhere in a single until RIVER (2010).

But then again, the theatre was something else back then and in that period 9 different stages were debuted. It was fun to be in the theatre.

It all goes down to the same story every time.
    The theatre girls are neglected, and not because they don't appear in singles, but because all they can do is sing Heart Gata Virus for the millionth time once or twice a week. Not everyone is Yuiri.

Theatre shows might not bring in money and that might be the reason why we're not getting any new, but it's the way to keep these girls happy and busy so that they can bring it those millions.
    If you don't have the girls, you don't have the sales.

I still don't understand why they made such a big fuzz out of the draft and then just throw the girls in the well.
    Like, was it too hard to make a Draft Unit in one single and give them a song/PV?
    God forbids Mayu doesn't appear in three different songs per single. People might forget she exists.

17. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Today it's Mariyannu.

18. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    7th gen down to Suuchan. Participated in every SSK since the first one and never ranked. Her tenure in SNH never took off. She's about to turn 26. I can see it.

Also watch out for the following members who will most likely announce graduation:
    • Sato Kiara (only Ichigo without a push)
    • Wada Aina (Turning 17 and still not promoted)
    • Sasaki Kotoko
    • Kawamura Mahiro (scandal)
    • Sato Sumire (end of 7th gen)
    • Habu Mizuho (least popular member of Keya)
    • Kamata Natsuki (she's thinking about it)
    • Uchiyama Mikoto (same as Yannu, co-leader position won't save her from graduation)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  19. Matsui Hikari

I can totally see Suuchan announcing graduation sooner or later :(

20. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

She just had AKBINGO recording today (with other members of course) and will start airing on Feb 21st through March 21st (4 episodes). Manami (another Ichigo) was doing Kimi Dare today, so at least for today, Sato Kiara has the better job.