1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Why do you like AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by ame-rin, May 27, 2011.

1. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

I don't think there is a thread like this :p
    I'm interested, what are the reasons you all like AKB? for different reasons or the same? :)
    I won't write mine yet cos I think it might drag on a bit, but everyone...
    Why do you like AKB48?

2. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

3. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    AKB48 has been one of the best ways of learning Japanese for me, and that's they key reason why I follow them. If I hadn't been learning Japanese, I probably wouldn't care about them at all.

1: Different media
    -Through books, magazines, blogs, twitter, variety shows, dramas, radio shows, and music, you get an exposure to the language in many different ways. Written, spoken, colloquial, formal, scripted, un-scripted, poetic, you can get the proper exposure to all forms of Japanese and learn how to distinguish between them. One of the flaws from studying from something like anime or manga or even dramas is that you don't gain that ability to distinguish it properly.
    (Granted, if you don't check your AKB48 interest properly, you could end up speaking like a girl...)

Also, because the community is small and dedicated, it's easy to get everything RAW and the majority of it is untranslated. Want to understand? Gotta put in the work.

2: Emotion
    -One of the problems with textbook study is that you don't learn how to express emotion. You don't learn how to laugh, how to get angry, how to be sarcastic, how to feel embarrassed, nor do you learn how to project them to other people, etc. etc. Thanks to the variety shows and backstage stuff, I've been through a roller coaster of emotions and now I feel like I am better able to express and understand emotion in language.

Personally I'm wondering what'll happen to my interest in AKB48 when I reach a fluency level that I'm happy with. I may instead just return to my normal boring hobby of reading non-fiction, only now I can do it in Japanese. =)

4. writerserenyty

writerserenyty Kenkyuusei

cute idols, cute songs.

5. chiyuki

chiyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    The order of which I came to like them:
    1. Good music
    2. Really good music [rock]
    3. Cool dances!
    4. Cute girls :cute:
    5. Cute outfits/costumes
    6. Very entertaining and hilarious
    7. Interesting members... and also, the more, the better :awesome: lol (to everyone who tells me 48 is too much!)
    8. The whole concept of AKB: "idols you can meet," the theater, etc.

Hm, might be more, but I'm tired and too lazy to explain. Well, you get it anyway already. :^O^:

6. MoeKare

MoeKare Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    moekare_100
    1. The girls are so pretty and cuute :cute:
    2. All of the songs are easy listening. I love it <3
    3. Full of funny members
    4. Cute video music. The outfits as well.. UNIFORM :inlove:
    5. Unique! Because it has so many members in it. :awesome: :awesome:

I can't imagine my self when I don't listen just ONCE to their musics.. I will feel like so lonely.. AKB48 is my everything :blush:

7. Suppy13

Suppy13 Kenkyuusei

AKB48 penetrates my soul with positive joyful energy.

......or it makes me happy.

8. sasuke2233

sasuke2233 Kenkyuusei

the reason:
    main reason: because Acchan is the member of AKB48 :inlove: :inlove:
    1: pretty girls
    2: nice songs
    3: can learn japanese through out watching their tv shows.
    4: like their performance.
    5: Unique.

9. bow_tie_ribbon

bow_tie_ribbon Kenkyuusei

1. They are hard working girls
    2. I like their concept
    3. They have good songs
    4. They are entertaining and have a great variation of personalities
    5. The fandom is fun

10. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    A question that is supposed to be easy to answer and yet it isn't! I like AKB48 for multiple reasons:

1) The girls are very cute!
    2) The music is very happy and always cheers me up.
    3) AKB48 gives me the feeling of 'youth' whenever I watch them in concert or in PVs.
    4) THE GOODS ARE AMAZING OMG. I love collecting!
    5) Things never get old or stale. Morning Musume went stale because they never switched anything up - AKB48 is always doing something new!

I'm sure I'll write more later.

11. krunchie

krunchie Kenkyuusei

The uniforms, actually. lol cause their uniforms are so great and awesome XD
    But besides that I like them cause their funny and and entertaining! I love watching anything with them [hehe]

12. kurotori

kurotori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Majisuka Gakuen - they became my favorite idol group after watching it

Music - I used to think their songs were generic, but once I discovered stages, they have songs about EVERYTHING

The Girls - every girl is unique, and eventhough I know quite well who my favorites are, I like all the members, there is no one I dislike.

Good for learning japanese

Collecting merch is fun!

Fandom is fun!

Obsession is fun!

13. digital clone

digital clone Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    1. I like the way the songs sound.
    2. funny variety shows
    3. they're pretty
    4. interesting dramas

14. bobo

bobo Kenkyuusei

• Funny & entertaining
      Pretty
      Their songs
      Their acting/dramas

15. PrincessTomo

PrincessTomo Kenkyuusei

1. Pretty members are here. <3
    2. They're all good at singing and dancing.
    3. Made me know about Tomo~mi.
    4. Made me know about S48.
    5. They're energetic.
    6. AKB's songs are my mood booster. <3

16. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

1. The music. I've always liked jpop, because it's like the pop I used to listen to when I was a kid. It's difficult to find 'just pop' nowadays. Their ‘genki’ songs are full of happiness and energy. Their ballads are lovely or moving. And all their songs are about friendship, loneliness, hope, love, ..., just those simple everyday things.
    2. The lyrics. Every time I learn the meaning of a song I am surprised by it (even though some lyrics are a bit cryptic)
    3. The members. They are cute, merry, friendly, lovely, they are like angels who came down to our world to spread love and happiness over everybody. The way they sing, the way they move, how they behave, talk, look, smile, every little thing they do is enough to warm our hearts, give us hope and help us go through all the bad situations...Besides, to those like me who are quite old, they give us a youth present, a time when we feel as young as any other fan.
    4. The PVs (specially the happy or romantic ones).
    5. Idols you can meet. Usually only few fans are allowed to meet their idols, but we have many ways to meet them, this makes AKB48 something really different from any other group.
    6. Did I say already that they are cute? [blush]

17. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    1. I like the girls. They all have different personalities and styles. They all seem like very sweet and nice girls, too. I like Mayuyu & Harugon because they're super cute. I like Takamina because she is super funny. I like Haruna because she is super sweet. There are just so many great girls in the group to like =3

2. I like their uplifting music. Makes me feel good listening to their music. Really brings the positive mood out =3

3. I like the drama that's involved. Like the yearly election is exciting .. the fan wars and stuff going on. It's like watching a TV drama except with a large group of super cute girls that you've grown fond of =P

18. heebuns

heebuns Kenkyuusei

I'm really picky when it comes to jpop idol groups, but especially when it comes to girls. I think what attracted me to AKB48 is that they didn't seem as stiff as other girl idol groups. Hm, what I mean is that they're genuinely cute & seem to have fun with what they do. A lot of girl groups just feel really forced when they do things. I like that realness that AKB brings other groups lack.

I'm still new to AKB, but they're a fun group & I can't honestly wait to get to know more & more about them!

19. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    a lot of girls in AKB48 are really humorous .. like .. they can be professional comedians with no problem. I think this is rare in other idol groups. I think it's because AKB48 does not solely focus on music. they also focus on acting and hosting. that's why the girls are very flexible and have variety of talents =)

and yes, many girls in AKB48 seem very genuine.

20. heebuns

heebuns Kenkyuusei

Oooh, there's definitely that! It's really hard to get bored with them just because they're involved with so much. :D