Why do you like AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by ame-rin, May 27, 2011.

1. Rikkua

Rikkua Kenkyuusei

First it is their large number personnels
    Then of course their songs are great
    Then their relationship each other is very inspiring and they can sync each other in stage, because IMO it is hard to sync in a stage with alot of member but they can do it greatly XD

2. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    1. Ok I have to be honest. The reason I got interested in AKB48 is because there are some very beautiful girls in the 48 family.

2. The dedication all the girls show. Performances, tv shows or interviews, they alway give their all.

3. Somehow they alway put a smile on my face.

4. Great and funny Tv shows.

5. What sets them apart from many western (pop) star is the attitude they show towards each other, fans and media. They are humble and polite. A true breeze of fresh air compared to most artists from the US and Europe.

3. akira_silverberg

akira_silverberg Kenkyuusei

well, so many reason that make me reaaaally love AKB48
    -great song (of course)
    -lovely member
    -their always put smile to other people (every handshaking event they always smile even tough they really tired, but for the sake of their fans they endure tiredness and change it into lovely smile :cute: )
    -interesting tv show
    -new idol concept "idol you can meet" make people easy to know them

4. shinelover

shinelover Kenkyuusei

to be honest I'm still learning about AKB48!

but what drew me to them was...I LOVE THE COSTUMES! (I'm a sucker for school uniform style clothes xP)

then discovered that I enjoyed listening to many of their songs, it was the JPOP style that I like :)

of course the girls are adorable! and since I already love Japanese culture and all.....this was just another thing! XD

I like seeing what they wear and how they do their hair etc. for some inspiration ^^
    also the fact that they seem so down to earth and are really "idols that you can meet"

At the moment I'm enjoying watching AKBINGO! to learn more about the members and my excuse of watching it during exam periods is that it definitely helps my Japanese (*cough* even if I no longer have a listening component in my exams)

Another thing that has deepened my love for AKB is that I've found friends who also love them and has been influenced by them xD (it's so much fun going to karaoke and "performing" heavy rotation!) and has also managed to "infect" some of my other friends with the AKB virus xD!

I admit, I don't particularly like some of the excessive fanservice...but then again it's just because sometimes it's a lil bit embarassing for female fans to watch ^^; (e.g. heavy rotation PV)

5. kumkum01

kumkum01 Kenkyuusei

Yes !!!This is nice post , It is really like this......
    The order of which I came to like them:
    1. Good music
    2. Really good music
    3. Cool dances!
    4. Cute girls
    5. Cute outfits/costumes
    6. Very entertaining and hilarious
    7. Interesting members... and also, the more, the better lol (to everyone who tells me 48 is too much!)
    8. The whole concept of AKB: "idols you can meet," the theater, etc.

6. cosmosphere85

cosmosphere85 Kenkyuusei

I like their personalities,as i got to know them from their Tv shows primary.
    I would so much like to be friends with them <3 I like the waythey treat each-other and their funny moments.
    After that,i got into their music,and searching their discography for songs that i might like really paid me off.
    They are also great performers live (the feeling they give you,not their perfect vocals :^^;: )
    Being pretty is the last thing i noticed,but i find most of the girls really pretty.

7. popegrizzly23

popegrizzly23 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I first became interested in AKB48 because it was cute girls singing really fun songs. :D But as I learn more about them my appreciation for them has only grown. They obviously work very hard and care a lot about doing a good job and constantly try to improve themselves. They also obviously really enjoy themselves when on stage and seem to enjoy hanging out together. I could enjoy listening to their music and watching their videos just because the music and choreography are cool. But I have become a greater fan of theirs than any other j pop group because of the opportunity to see behind the scenes a little bit. When you learn about the girls and see how dedicated they are you can't help but care for them and want to know even more! I am glad I found them and I hope they stick around for a long time! :inlove:

Peace,
    Mike

8. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    From the top of my head I think I can list these reasons:

1 - The Girls:

I really like how close the members are to eachother and also that the fact theres 48 members and more to choose from [hehe]

2 - AKBingo:

Just discovered this show recently, and I can say that I am really enjoying it so far (even with little understanding of Japanese :XD: )

3 - The Music

Perhaps what can be the biggest factor for why I like AKB, their songs are really quite catchy tbh, catchy and cute at the same time, my favorite combination <3 <3

4 - The Fanbase

I really like how united the fans are during the concerts with the whole chant bits. (it is quite impressive really, seeing so many ppl chanting something with such perfect synchronization)

Cheers! :awesome:

9. cyjk

cyjk Kenkyuusei

1. I like AKB48. Firstly because there is advertisement on TV using "Heavy Rotation" as their Background song.
    I like AKB48 because their song is good. The word "good" that I mean is this song has interesting lyric and beat.

2. When they sing they always smile. So I can see clearly their cuteness.

3. Their attitude makes other people respect to them. They are just not kind in front of media. But also in their daily life.

4. Because average of them have the same age as me. :)

10. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

I like AKB because it is a terribly exciting fandom. Almost every other week something ground breaking happens and I love how I as a fan is kept on my toes all the time. There is always so much drama and it is so exciting.

I also like AKB because I love how tactical the fans can get and how strategic everything is. From the elections to the punishment for scandals, everything is so well thought out and I love how involved the fans are. It's really amusing for me to watch because I feel like so many people get so strongly attached to the band.

I also like AKB because I feel like this whole system/franchise is such a genius idea. Not snubbing the girls or anything but it is amazing how Aki-P can take very ordinary girls who aren't too pretty, aren't that great at anything in particular and transform them into something extraordinary, building huge dedicated fan bases for them, making anything possible for them.

Now from a more musical perspective, I really like how AKB has such a diverse pool of music. There's music for every occasion, some of the songs make you feel really happy and some of the songs strike you with how beautiful the lyrics are. The costumes and PV are also very nice and I like how mind provoking some of the PVs are. You can really see how Aki-P lets the directors do anything they want with them and I like how creative it is.

So judging from the reasons stated, I don't think I like the girls as much as I like the brand itself and I feel like from these factors alone, AKB can stand to last a long long time.

11. ValentineDoe

ValentineDoe Kenkyuusei

There are so many reasons to love AKB48: There are many girls to choose from. You're bound to find a girl or even a few girls who you can follow and root for. I also love the music. It's catchy and awesome, plus, many of their songs use a kind of rock instrumental with guitars, drums, etc, that I find to be unique in a sea of idol music that uses primarily cheesy keyboard effects.

What drew me in to AKB48 initially though, was their edginess. The first AKB song I ever heard was "Skirt Hirari" back in 2007, and I loved the subtle naughtiness of it, especially the part of the dance when they flip their skirts up. When "Keibetsu shiteita aijou" and "Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru" came out I was impressed by the maturity they showed, addressing issues that most groups wouldn't touch.

AND TO TOP IT OFF: Theater Shows! The theater-specific songs, units, costumes, and dances are AMAZING. Each stage helps each team shine!

<3 AKB48 <3

12. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

First glance, they seem to be like any other girl group, made for commercial profit... but the more you get to know them and the truth, the more they become real and human as they reveal their imperfections without shame -- heck, even their lives -- chronicled by the girls themselves through blog posts and phone snaps -- become part of unique history-writing that puts most soap operas and reality-TV shows to shame... and even the issue of money and profit and politics becomes irrelevant, as the word "priceless" takes on a different meaning.

Also, it's both hilarious and astonishing to see Aki-P trying to upturn and reinvent the whole traditional idol system almost everyday, with decisions that sends shockwaves throughout the industry, even going so far as to set new and unusual precedents unheard of decades ago. Or dealing with opponents -- from within the entertainment industry, the press, society or government -- who would try to bring them down.

13. asudja

asudja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    why I like AKB48..

1. lots of girls.. like 200++ including SKE, NMB, HKT and trainees.. there must be at least 1 of ur type..
    2. great songs, catchy tunes, super lyrics (lots of them inspires me.. like chance no junban, etc"
    3. in addition to those 2, we have the chance to know their personality
    4. super crazy chant/mix.. lol tiger fire cyber etc are completely random and outta nowhere lol.. but it's wild and I love it.. :inlove:
    5. love their tv program, akbingo, shukanakb, MG, etc..
    6. their stories of figthing from 0 (pls see kinsuma new year 2012 special) is deeply inspiring.. they make (almost) all other girlbands look childish
    7. and I couldn't find the reason "why I should'nt like AKB48"

14. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

why do i like akb48??

uhmmm... i love Japan.. watching videos of japan, then the guy said, their are famous bands in japan,,
    and once you listen to it, it wont get out of your head all day long.. [hehe] (thats true)

he showed a list of japanese groups, good thing i chose AKB48.. [rock] , i didnt bother visiting other groups in the list..

AKb48 is unique,, the girls are cute, they have funny tv shows, and i really love their music,, :music:

15. wrxsti

wrxsti Kenkyuusei

Pretty dancing ladies. That is all.

16. skipta41

skipta41 Kenkyuusei

• 1. Personalities, sometimes i comparing my friend personalities with AKB48 members :D
      2. Cute Girls :D :^O^:
      3. Catchy Songs

17. moko

moko Kenkyuusei

1.Cute girls that can sing and dance :cute:

2. since AKB is popular right now then i can enjoy my favorite girls on TV shows on a dailybasis while enhancing my japanese listening skills and vocabulary at the same time. AKBingo is especially my friend~

Done deal! [clap]

18. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

1.- Team work. It is something I really admire from Japan, but in AKB is like WOW, I can't imagine a band here having more than 5 members and having good sync with each other and having such strong bonds between them.

2.- I have never listened to idols before, AKB its my first experience with idols... so far, so good :D

3.- The songs. I play the piano, so I love the songs with strong piano chords on the background (anata to christmas eve, ame no pianist, ponytail to shushu, yasai sisters...)

4.- The struggles they have gone through. I really admire the effort they have made to come this far... it is something unique.

5.- Their unique personalities.

6.- Their consistency on the showbiz. Many groups just release an album a year with all the singles, but there is easily 80 songs annualy released in the franchise. It is pretty impressive that 1 person does all the writting and with good results (some lyrics are really touching).

There are many things that I admire from AKB, their dedication and that they are down to earth, are some otherthings I really admire.

19. vziera

vziera Kenkyuusei

Honestly, because JKT48 introduced me to them and I found the songs really enjoyable, I like the AKB's version a little bit more ;)

I used to listen to mostly trailer musics such as Immediate music, Globus, Two steps from Hell, E.S. posthumus, Mark Petrie, Hans Zimmer, Michiel Van Den Bos, Mark Silvestri, etc on daily basis, now it varies :D

Oh and I like attending their theaters too, the chants are just hilarious, a new hobby? IDK :D

my JKT48's oshi is Ve and AKB48's oshi is Miichan [hehe]

20. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Because I was sick of Tsunku graduating my Morning Musume oshi that I take my revenge by transferring to AKB48. [hehe]

The cool songs and outfits are a plus!

Yes, its somehow true.