1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Why is she your Oshi?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by junjou19, May 22, 2014.

1. junjou19

junjou19 Member

There are so many girls who we don't get to hear about so much because they're in the back of their group, but I know they managed to win some people's hearts all the same. I'm curious, so please post the name of your Oshi and what it was about her that captured your heart. Please list the name(s) clearly.
    NOTE: The members MUST have never ranked above Next Girls. This is about the lower members, the Uchida Mayumis and the Kojima Natsukis. It's easier to hear why people like a member when so many people are in love with her, but I'm curious as the the ones who aren't as popular.
    ALSO she must be 12th gen or older*. There are new members who may have not had a chance to rank yet but are certainly popular.

AKB48-12th or OLDER
    SKE48-4th or OLDER
    NMB48-2nd or OLDER
    HKT48-2nd or OLDER

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  2. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    By 12th generation and newer you probably mean AKB only yes?

3. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Oh yeah true thanks for mentioning :p

4. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Edit: Ack, I'm sorry, I misread as 12th gen or newer! I've put Naachan and Moekyun in the other thread. Sorry all! I don't know much about the older gens beyond the front girls, so I'm looking forward to following this thread.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  5. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    It's hard to explain why you oshi someone, but I'll give it a shot c:

Tanochan has been given many opportunities lately, and it makes me happy as a fan of her, but I wouldn't say she's popular or even well known yet. It seems like the average AKB fan around these parts knows her, likes her a little, but isn't crazy about her. There are a good amount of Tanochan oshis though, it's a nice little community. She's a very skilled dancer, she moves sharply and with energy (try watching team K's recent shonichi to get an idea of what I mean.) I get the feeling she really loves her job, and one thing that I've always needed in an idol is a love for what they're doing. I can't be a fan of a girl who dislikes what I'm supposed to be a fan of them for. She's also really good on variety shows; I didn't become a fan of her for this in any way, but it's made me really happy. I can't watch stuff with her in front of people because I get too happy LOL

And, related to that point...it's just that she makes me happy to watch, seeing her trying her hardest dancing and singing (lip-syncing? lol) brings my mood up a lot. I've been going through hard times lately, with a lot of my friends and family being in bad situations, but it's always relaxing to sit down at my computer and watch a stage or some variety with her in it.

Also, I don't mean to sound condescending with this, but it's really easy to follow the new gen girls if you really want to. I see a lot of people saying that they can't find anything subbed, so they don't want to watch it, and since only older content is subbed, they don't learn much about the new girls...watch it unsubbed! You might pick up some Japanese, and a lot of the stuff they do isn't exactly hard to follow, even with no knowledge. I mean, I can say confidently that even when I understood very little Japanese, Muchaburi Dodgeball was still very entertaining. Also, look for translations and stuff. And watch stages! Performances don't require language knowledge. I know (pulling this out of my ass) 90% of AKB and HKT members, mostly from watching stages.

6. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Thanks for your participation and your nice contributions, but neither of them follow the rule of 12th gen or older!

7. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
  8. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Ok, I'll start. Uchida Mayumi. Not my favorite, but I do have a place for her in my heart. I saw her Oshi cam for Hoshizora no Mistake, and it really touched me. In the back, she looked really discouraged, but she still tried to smile. I don't know, that video just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

9. Kuchi-Chan

Kuchi-Chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    Twitter:
    KokorinDesu
    Kawaei Rina: I love her a lot simply because she's funny, cute, has an adorable smile and is crazy! We also have a lot in common, and I think it's cute she was the center for BKA. Also, after finding out what happened to her yesterday/today I think I just feel a little more respect for her, and I'm just praying she has a safe recovery

10. mayuoshiri

mayuoshiri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    mayu is my main oshi, but my current 2oshi would be suzuki shihori.

originally from the 7th generation, but around the time she got promoted to team b. joined again in the 11th generation and promoted to team b again. now she is a member of team k (both oshima and yokoyama team k)

the reason why she caught my attention was because of her height. maybe it's just me, but she also has a sharp chin, and i like that.

i guess the fact she and ayarin were the only girls that had left akb and had come back made me like her too, plus i've always been biased towards team b, and while watching the team b oshi pv, i liked her even more. to me, she seems like a naturally pretty girl and it seems like she doesn't try to hard to impress anyone. she has a nice personlity, and if i could ever go to a handshake, i would go to here definitely.

11. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Just getting on the bandwagon early since she will be the future Ace. :hehe: :awesome:

12. mincl17

mincl17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Iwata Karen 12th gen... this girl is really talented. She has an amazing voice and can dance well too. She also help others backstage including her senpais. I just wish she would rank this time. :)

13. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    MOCCHI: She just has so much elegance and class, her smile is radiant, and she has such a gorgeous, full voice. When she does solo performances, she looks like a musician instead of an Idol. And when she does photoshoots, she looks like she belongs on billboards and Vogue photoshoots.

I think she really covers all the bases, by providing things to love for idol-lovers, fashion-lovers, music-lovers, and even girl-loverls alike lol.

As for my under-oshis, Nagao and Tomu:

For Yagi, I love her because her voice is sweet, her face is so unique, and her personality is really quiet. She does cute songs really well, but she also NAILS it whenever she's given a sexy song to do.

For Tomu, she's essentially perfect in my eyes. Her dancing is sharp, her personality is fun, and she's easily one of the most gorgeous Idols I've ever seen. Vocal wise, she's weak, but I think more than anything she has amazing potential. Plus, she reminds me Uemura Akari, who is my Hello! Project kami-oshi.

14. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Oh, someone else realizes how perfect Mocchi is.

15. Echigo~No~Ryu

Echigo~No~Ryu Kenkyuusei

Laboratorium: dedicated to create Mayuyu Cyborg
    Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^
    i agree
    for me kuramochi is the true definition of underrated-ness!. i mean,the only members radiating such elegant aura is just her :1st:

my another under oshi is Matsui Sakiko. since i easily fallen for a girl who can play instruments brilliantly, especially classical instruments :blush:, the only bad luck is unfortunately she shares the same surname with Jurina and Rena, and got a bit overshadowed :(

16. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    I'd include Tomu here, since she's my kami...but she is officially an Undergirl now, doesn't follow the rule.
    (Does it count if I share my experience of liking her since early 2012?)

---

• Nagao Mariya: I don't understand why she isn't more popular: she's beautiful, cheerful and always gives her best. She has potential of becoming a fashion authority in AKB48 and one of the main faces for her team (possibility kind of difficult now, since we have many known faces in YokoKita Team K), but management apparently only remembers her existence once in a while. She's a good example of how an 'ugly ducking' can become beautiful and more capable.

• Kojima Natsuki: Recently I've grown very fond of Nattsun, because of her bubbly personality during MC and her beauty; actually I don't like her vocals much, but she delivers a great performance in Kuroi Tenshi. I really want to support her more.

• Fujita Nana: Her looks drew me to her the most, but she's also very reliable and seems to be finally shining more properly after being shuffled to Team A (or am I just biased?); her confidence has grew but still needs to improve.

• Morikawa Ayaka: Aayaloid is someone whose confidence on stage is improving a lot! But she's practically invisible in the eyes of many people, since her theater appearances mostly are as under of other girls. She always shines the most in mvs thanks to her exotic looks, but that's not enough to make her a memorable one in the eyes of the general audience. When she gets out of her shell, I think she can achieve great things.

• Nakamura Mariko: The subcaptain. The one I usually found annoying with her Kintaro stunt, but thanks to her Labrador Retriever video and the appeal comment of these elections, started to appreciate her much more and look for more performances! Even if she lacks popularity, she has much to teach to the other girls and hopefully, said work will pay off eventually.

17. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Yeah, go ahead and tell us about Tomu. Thanks for actually following the rules and for your good post (can't find a way to express that less awkwardly p

18. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    I'm thinking of sister groups here, but what about first gen members who aren't as popular? I can think of a ton of girls who haven't been pushed hard in NMB first gen and most 48g fans probably have no clue about who they are and I'd like to write about them! (I wanted to run it by everyone in this thread first before ignoring the rules set out and posting haha)

19. natlove

natlove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Would like to talk about Shimada Haruka!!!

I really really love this girl. Her caring for ex-Team 4, her humor, her leadership qualities, her amazing fit to Team K my fave team. It funny how I can feel her strong presence even though she gets tucked behind.

Even though people don't like it when others mention how a new girl resembles old member, I would still like to comment on how she reminds me of the 'old' akb48 where each of the members are so unique individually and their personality just shine through duirng variety/stages.

And I love Shimada's cute face. I first noticed her because of her rounded face :p
    If I'm not wrong, she was given a slight boost as a kenkyuseii when she was still having her long hair/cute image. And then slowly goes behind while PRR/Yui takes the limelight of 9th gen. I like her current image... the funny big sister, the chubby idol... Yes, it might not appeal to men... But I'm sure she will gain more female fans in the near future...

There is too many kawaii girls in the 48G right now.... The recent pushes: Owada, Mion, Miki, Yuria, on and on..... The only word I have for them is KAWAII and I'm sure they can attract alot wotas! But I feel that they are losing alot of the mass audience appeal...

So I really hope we have members like Shimada in the spotlight... Special mention to Aigasa Moe n Tano Yuka whom I feel have alot of qualities as staple senbatsu members... I can totally imagine them doing well and break into mass media scene...

It is heartbreaking that Haruu and Moe DIDN'T RANK AT ALL... Esp Haruu.......
    I feel that she is alot people's No.2/3... Like mine... I couldn't vote because I gave all my money to Sae... Hopefully... soon in the future I can contribute to Haruuu!

Start APPRECIATING HER NOW!!!

20. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Actually, the rules are fine with it as it was newer members that are against the rules!