1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Why Sakamichi doesn't have a senbatsu election too?

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by SteCola, Jun 17, 2018.

1. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    AKB might not be as relevant as it was... but senbatsu election is still the most hyped moment of the year for the group and idol world in general, and it generates an impressive amount of money. So why don't they do it for Sakamichi groups too? Of course it would be impossible doing it in june like they do for AKB, but they could do it on another moment of the year...

2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Because it would look like a huge rip-off.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    A big thing about the Sousenkyo is that it gives AKB a way bigger "fake sales" image than HS does. Lots of idols do hand shake events and it's seen as normal by people who are familiar with the industry and ignored by most everyone else. But the SSK being a big deal means everyone is aware of it to some degree. You'll see and hear a lot of criticism "people just buy AKB CDs to vote in elections" but not as many complaints about HS, despite HS making up a larger portion of overall sales.

Maybe management don't want that "illegitimate sales" tag on them. Of course 46G still do HS, but they still don't have the image as strongly as AKB does and if they want to appeal to a general audience its better for them that way. Sure, with the actual money brought in from wota it could be worth it but that could still be a concern.

There's also the rip off issue. Especially while the 48G are still doing there's it would be really obnoxious to do another one along side it.

4. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Even without election, the members in Nogi's senbatsu generally deserves those spots. The selection from Nogi's management of which members get to be in Senbatsu is pretty fair and strategic. They do not need fans' vote to choose senbatsu.

5. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

48G invented SSK back in 2009 and back then 48G still havent reached their million sales yet. Acchan won her 1st SSK with 4,630 votes and Sasshi won her last SSK with 246k votes. SSK is one of 48G biggest event of the year and it would be sad if Sakamichi copy it and launch their version of SSK now. Nogizaka46 became successful in their own way and i dont think they need SSK to maintain their million cd sales.

i dont mind letting 46G members joining SSK as an option. (via Kennin)

6. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    IMO if Sakamichi implemented SSK, it will be a downfall to the both sides, since there are lots of people who are fan of both 48G and Sakamichi. Creating 2 SSK will divide the general sales of each group, and reducing the whole hype about SSK since it's not unique to one.

Considering Sakamichi is under Sony's management, it's kind of unlikely they will adopt SSK anytime soon. Some people speculate that the Handshake results in general also used to determine Senbatsu in Sakamichi (minus some airdrop senbatsu though, which is totally to promote new 'weapons').

Then again, this whole 'No SSK' thing might be changed with the advent of YoshimotoZaka46 :D

7. Turambar

Turambar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
    Since the begining of Nogizaka Aki-p said the 46 groups would not have sousenkyo or janken to decide its senbatsus. This is good for both 46 and 48 groups because you have different focus on the brands and things that works for one brand not necessarily works for the other.

As a guy who is not a fan of ssk I hope they keep this differences

8. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Imo, it is because Sakamichi has less members than 48G. The 48G will need more member, because, cmiiw, they have to perform on their theater every day, which is impossible, if they use their main senbatsu members. Therefore, to provide the chance for those many members, SSK is needed. SSK is good system, because even the less popular member that only perform on theater, which means mngmnt don't favor them, still have a chance to shine with the help of the fans. Therefore, deepened their bond with the fans -> make fans more loyal to the group -> more money for the group.
    On the other hand, Sakamichi that doesn't has theater. Thus, doesn't need more members -> easy to promote each members -> doesn't need SSK.
    Basically, it is about the numbers of members and the method to promote them. :)

9. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    But if sakamichi held senbatsu election what is your predictions of members in senbatsu, undergirls, future girls etc?

10. kanonBear

kanonBear Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Personally, I'm glad there are no elections and I hope there never will be. Current senbatsu & center announcements are tough enough, but I feel AKB Sousenkyo takes it to another level in terms of competition and viciousness. For instance, every time I see Sakura performing right next to Jurina, I can't help but think of how they must feel towards one another.