1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Will you stay with AKB48 if your favorite member graduates?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by makistar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

More and more SEEDs (Research Students) are promoted to Teams. Instead of AKB48 it's now AKB51 AKB52 (as of 8/5), some members will leave the group sooner or later for whatever reasons they want us to believe. If your favorite leaves AKB48, will you still support the group? Support meaning you still go see the stages, empty your bank account to buy their CDs, DVDs, photobooks, photos, underwear if that's available!

I am a Takamina and Acchan fan, if they leave AKB48 I will following them wherever they go. There are other members I like in the group but I will not empty my wallet for them (at least at this point).

2. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

^ for me that would be a big yes. i've lost idols in the past, and i know how much it hurts to see your favorite members graduate (not to mention the entire group graduating). i might probably sulk for a few days, but then i guess it's one of the beauties of akb48 for those of us who decide to embrace it.

and oh, i think they're up to 52 members as of tonight :D. hehe.

3. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

It's not like I supported them in any way, my wallet is empty enough without them, but no. There can be only one.

4. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I went out to get lunch and another member added :shock:

5. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

^ Don't get lunch again. Ever.

6. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    If my favorite member (Nacchi) graduated, I think I would still follow AKB48. I'm assuming I would still purchase things by them, too, since my favorite isn't in too many CDs, DVDs, and PBs, but I still buy them. My favorite would still be very special to me, and if she went out and did something else, I would try to follow her, but I would think that I would still stay with AKB48, too.

I think that for me, its more the idea and the production of AKB48, rather than just one girl. When/If my favorite member graduates, I'm sure I'll grab a new favorite.

7. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

^ AMEN

Even if Haruna graduated, I'd stay with AKB. But I'd try to still follow Haruna, even more than I do now. Because she's really special to me. And one day I'll see her!

8. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

Yes I would still support them, of course I would be crushed if my fave girl left or any of my other favourites, but then I'll move on and just hope they'll start activities of their own so I could support them and AKB48 as well.
    Since it's such a big group I don't let my fandom lie on a single girl, I have a lot of faves - Of course Yukirin is my overall fave girl, but then there's maybe 7-8 other girls who i adore almost just as much. I think they had to graduate the entire Team B, before I would question myself whether I should move on or not.

I did think my Morning Musume fandom would die when Yossy left, then along came Junjun. It'll probably be the same if Yukirin left AKB48; I would be extremly sad but as long as AKB48 has Team B (and/or Amina), I'll support them!!

9. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    If I base on what happened with my MM fandom after my favorite members graduations... probably not. But that's something that time will tell.

10. kirakirahanabi

kirakirahanabi Kenkyuusei

Well, I've got quite a few favorites. But one of my top (Michiru) already did graduate, and I've kept with them, definitely. And if I hadn't, I'd have missed her 2 performances at the AKB concert at Shibuya (Gambare, 88; and Haru ga Kuru Made, 83)

11. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

I would definitely keep supporting them. One girl does not make the entire group for me, even if I love that one girl.

12. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

i guess i have to point this one out as a personal example. michiru was also one of my top favorites, and instead of giving up on her when she graduated, i even tried my best to see her perform live as a solo artist. i've seen 3 of her solo concerts, and will continue to watch them if i have the chance (and if she stops scheduling those damn things on weekdays, lol). favorites will always be favorites.

13. Heiwa

Heiwa Kenkyuusei

I have two favorite members (Sae and Sayaka) so... I think if one of them graduate I will support just one :(

14. TimeBomb

TimeBomb Kenkyuusei

15. raijin

raijin Member

yeah, sure.. i have a couple of favorites among the girls..
    it's more of the AKB48 as a whole that i'm interested.. and if a favorite of mine ever leaves/graduates i'll surely be sad. and i believe, being in AKB48 is a permanent thing.

now, if Haruna leaves/graduates(not yet pls.).. i'll be devastated.
    i'll still be a fan of AKB48 for sure, i'll just look out for updates on her activities..

16. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Definitely. I'll be sad if my favourite leaves, but I'll find another one. One of the main things that I like about AKB48 is the concept - if in a few years the group is still together and the majority of the members are seeds, I will still try to follow them. Spending money on them though,that depends on how much I enjoy what they're putting out.

17. chou

chou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    you <3
    yes. i have plenty of other favorites. if meetan graduates any time soon i'll follow her outside of AKB48 as much as i can, and i'll support her as much as i can. but i'll still listen to/buy/want to see etc AKB48 xD

18. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    no

if miichan leaves, i'm out

19. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

^I figured you'd say that. Well, you are closer to "your" girl than anyone else from this forum I'd say. AND you don't "two-time" her. So, she's the one for you.

20. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    As much as I adore Oh yay and Hiichan (which is a LOT), Hana IS AKB48 to me, and always has been. I would still follow AKB48, for those two, but NOTHING like I follow AKB48 now.