1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Will you stay with AKB48 if your favorite member graduates?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by makistar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Nagisa

Nagisa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    hm360
    Re: Will you stay with AKB48 if your favorite member graduat

I imagine I will though I can't see myself being put in this situation for another while at least (my oshi being Mayuyu).

Although I do have my oshi, I do like AKB48 as an idol group as well. I like the set up with the teams, theater, 48G concerts with shuffled units, the list goes on. There are plenty other girls in the group which I enjoy watching perform or seeing on variety programmes so I don't think Mayuyu graduating would be anything like an auto-eject button from the fandom.

2. winxred12

winxred12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna

My oshi already left(Maachan TT TT) and my interest towards akb as group is not very strong at all. I listen to their songs because I like them but not really interested in having an oshi... Although I have a couple on concurrent members in akb that I am looking out for. but yeah I like them from faraway, I'm more of a HKT48 wota these days ^^

3. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Don't want to sound harsh but, basically, you really have 2 options:
    1. You leave the AKB fandom
    2. You move on, pick a new oshi or become DD or MD. :lol:

MaiMai left and I stayed and moved on.
    Rinatin left and I stayed and moved on.
    Nacchan left and I stayed and moved on.
    I'm MD and still enjoy the AKB fandom even though my favorites are no longer present.

It's good to see pictures of Nacchan from the recent concert performances. She seems to be doing well and I wish her the best! [rock]

The older members will eventually leave as that's natural and that's how it's suppose to be. Newer/younger members will come in and take their positions (not their places as there is a difference). It's good to have some new blood in the groups.

The hard thing is learning the newer member's names just like it was when this group first started and in which group they're in due to the relatively recent shuffle. :^^;: :fp:

4. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah

It really depends, everyone goes through this phase of finding a member who will be your oshi during and after she graduates. It was either you leave the fandom or find a way about it.

The first one was Erepyon. I wasn't a big fan of the group yet. I was just a fan of hers. A few months after I came to know AKB, she was leaving. It was hard at first but then I just went through what a lot of us experienced, which was finding oshi who would replace your #1. How to move on from that? It was either you move your #2 up or find the one who would fill the hole from the younger gen.

Fearing that my #2 oshi back then might leave in a few years, I felt that I needed like to have more favorites and that's how I see it. There wasn't any assurance that your oshi would stay until 20+. Erepyon was that and Maachan (never my oshi) had to graduate early. I mean that's how things happened but there are reasons.

Many graduations have happened after that but I'm still here. I'm staying because AKB has been interesting for me.

5. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Yeah you just move on, put it this way, it really depend on whether you're AKB fan or simply that particular girl's fan.

For me it was MaiMai and Acchan, then when Maimai left, Takamina quickly took over as my kami-oshi then by the time Acchan left, I gain Mayuyu and Rena,and all through this my list of secondary oshi keep growing... :^^;:

That said, I personally don't get people who are complaining about the group whenever there is a graduation. I mean, if you're fan of the girl and that girl is your only oshi, then leaving AKB is not going to change you're love for her right? So AKB should be of no consequences to you, not to mention unlike popular perception, plenty of graduated member have pretty nice career in different fields.

On the other hand, if your fan of the group, then missing her also doesn't make the group to go down the toilet either. So why bashing the management and keep spurting none-sense? Especially the management has done great job so far to replace top/core members whenever one (or more then one) of them graduated. That's way back from when Ayu-nee left to Maimai to Acchan to now Mariko/Tomochin/Sayaka, etc.

6. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka

Of course!

As for me, I've always been more of an AKB48 (& Group) Fan than anything. I love my oshimen (Takamina in AKB, Sayanee in NMB) but they're not the only ones that catch my attention, and I value the group as a whole the most.

I'm very much an MD. Even if my top 3 favorite members aren't in something I will still watch it because I still love all the girls for different reasons, even if my love for them isn't quite as strong as it is for Takamina or Sayanee. I feel a connection to almost all the members in some way, and I don't see that changing soon. :)

To be honest, I think I've become somehow... almost immune to change. My two biggest fandoms, AKB48 and Doctor Who, both depend heavily on change, so I've become used to it, which I think is a good thing. It's made me better able to adapt to things like graduation and people leaving, regardless if it's on my life or if it's in AKB.

7. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

Well Sayaka already graduated and I'm still a fan. That is mainly because Yuko is still around but after Yuko I have Takamina and then Mayuyu then Yuihan. There's still lots of girls for me to stick around for. It would really depend on who management and Aki-p keep at the forefront/in the spotlight. If they put someone like Paruru in the spotlight again for long enough I would probably just give up on AKB or at least steer clear until someone I actually like is in the spotlight. Girls with an "I can care less" attitude/vibe/aura/look are real turn offs.

8. jell0

jell0 Kenkyuusei

I'm finding it's not the same since Mariko left ... I'm trying but I really see the difference.

For one thing I no longer watch their TV appearances.

9. DivineIdolMayu

DivineIdolMayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu

Despite Yuko Oshima's recent graduation announcement and that so many popular members have graduated in the past two years (Acchan, Tomo~mi, Mariko, Tomochin, and Sayaka), it might be a rough road ahead but I will still stay with AKB48 even after Yuko graduates. :)

Things might change however when Mayuyu announces her graduation sometime in the future, but hopefully it won't happen for a while. If it does happen, it personally may be hard for me to find a new oshi to replace her and that's when I might stop following AKB. For right now, it's just the case that if one of my oshi graduates, I just try to find a new oshi to replace that member.

10. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka

I'll still stick around but I don't think I'll be that supportive anymore though I love AKB48 so much. without the members I love in there. I don't feel it's still the group I used to love especially if I'm going to see new faces in it. what makes the group different from other group is it's member anyway. without them it will only feel like I'm seeing a totally different group.

11. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya

Yep, when I knew Tomochin was going to graduate soon I started looking more into other girls and oshihened to prepare myself for it :hehe:

12. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy

i would. with so many girls you can always find another oshi to support within akb (and of course supporting your graduated oshi outside akb ^^).

since naachan has risen up to my ni-oshi, i foresee her becoming my oshi once mayuyu graduates and naachan definitely won't graduate in the near future, so there's still years to go with akb :XD:

of course, i love akb as a whole and don't strongly detest any members. so i would still support even if my oshi graduates :^^;:

13. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai

I thought I wouldn't love AKB as much as I used to when Nozofisu and Maimai graduated back in 2009. But here I am, still madly in love with AKB48. There are so many girls, there's always at least one you can support, that's why I (and most people) always find a new oshi.
    And even if the girls are the biggest part of why we love AKB, we've learned with all the major graduations that nobody's irreplaceable and that most fans also love the group for what it is and what it represents.

14. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon

If all of my oshis graduate at once, then I'll probably leave the fandom. But that would likely never gonna happen. Well, I really hope so. :^^;:

Unlike what I can see on most fans who only have one kami-oshi for the whole 48G, me on the other hand has a kinda different oshi system. I have kami-oshis for each groups.

Just this lately, my kami-oshi for SKE48, Suga Nanako, had graduated already. :wah: And I've temporarily left SKE48 since then. But everything besides SKE48 was still normal for me. So maybe after some time, my heart will get healed and I can go back watching SKE48 again and probably find a new kami-oshi again.

15. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka

It's really a good thing to have other oshimen since when one leaves. it won't be too devastating and painful.
    but since Yuko is the most reason why I watch concerts, variety show. I think for me right now. I'm not in the mood to watch any comedy-oriented AKB48 show. :cry:

16. melyangelique

melyangelique Kenkyuusei

Probably not. A lot of my favorite members have graduated already and if it weren't for Mayuyu I probably wouldn't watch half the AKB48 related things I do now. I do like other members a lot, of course, but I don't know if that would be enough to spend a lot of time to keep up with everything. I'm more oshi-based than group-based so...Maybe if I find another oshi? Though I highly doubt I'd find someone I like as much as Mayuyu :p

17. faanyan

faanyan Kenkyuusei

I was devastated when Atsuko left AKB, but I had Reinyan as well back then, till now. I just can't decide whether I'll stay or not when Reinyan announces her graduation. I just have bad feelings about this.

18. Covert Harris

Covert Harris Kenkyuusei

I don’t know if I will stay loyal. Part of my heart left AKB when Tomo graduated. She was my goddess. I get a hoot out of Cheeky Parade’s Nagai Hina, with her renegade eye tooth, just like Tomomi. And the troupe borrowed a lot of other stuff from AKB, too, but put more of a hip hop spin on their performances. A very fresh and original look, given the strong AKB influence. And I love CPU i.

Attached Files:

19. PrincessCaca

PrincessCaca Kenkyuusei

i will graduate too when takamina graduates
    unless akb change to the way it was

20. wujiecao

wujiecao Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie

if all of my 30 favorite members are all graduated