1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yahagi Moeka (Moechan) / Draft 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Hugglepuff, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    I miss Moechan too, both idol Moechan and Yahagi Moeka as a sololist. During the shuffle this year, I can't stop thinking if Moechan still in the group she would be transfered to Asai team B. I always believe Team B's image fit Moeka more than Team K (the fact is I don't see any K-vibe in Moeka at all :fp:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I personally liked Moeka in K because to me, K was often the team that valued performance talent, whereas the other teams were more focused on stage presence and happy vibes. Because of that, Moeka fit in, in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Personally, I feel like teams don't really have a specific image as much as they used to in the past, and tbh recently I finally listened to stage albums (I already knew most songs but yes, this was the first time I listened to stage albums lol) and it made me think that the images we had of teams weren't exactly true. I mean with Team K being the cool team and all... They actually had quite a lot of cute songs in their stages. and I feel like Team A had less cute songs than Team K? idk. But maybe it's not just about the songs but also their energy, the style, their b-sides in singles and all this. Anyway, I think Moeka could suit any team, although I wanted her to be in Team A or B because they are usually the teams that have my favs... but I remember being happy when she got in Team K though because at that time I just really wanted her to be in AKB rather than being in a sister group (since I follow AKB the most) so yes that was a good thing that she got in Team K, and if she was still here now, I think they would probably change her team at the shuffle.

Something random...

This is probably because I wrote about Moeka's possible future plans yesterday before going to sleep, but I end up having a dream about Moeka haha. it was kinda random XD in the dream, Moeka performed Sustainable with AKB at their New Year theater performance (so today), then after that her return and debut as soloist was announced (idk why she would perform with AKB if it's to go solo, but anyway XD) and she added a banner on her Youtube channel (it was kinda like this pic), uploaded an intro video with a lot of moments of her, and a preview for her solo debut MV. and it was completely different than the songs she uploaded on TikTok, it was a catchy pop song with a very bright and colorful MV where she was walking in a (fake) colorful street, with red colors and all, she looked a little more mature (but still had her bob hairstyle lol). The weird thing is that her intro video and solo debut preview weren't in japanese but in an unknown language, I guess my mind couldn't invent japanese words and lyrics when I don't speak japanese in reality hahaha.

I just think it's funny that this was all created in my head when I never even thought that she could have a solo debut with this style XD (besides I love the type of songs she uploaded on TikTok so I didn't wish for her to do something different, though I would like it too!). This was really random haha. and I was kinda sad that it's a dream and not the reality lol.

4. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

I assume they composed the songs as neutral as possible plus just a few with a little "team flavor" so every team, not only in AKB, can perform them without the possibility of creating a feeling of strangeness. Although I wish some more team songs would have a stronger team-image-character. But of course as you said the individuell characters in every team matter, even if the most Team K members would have the cool/sporty type as main trait, lots of them have other traits like cute, clumsy, elegant, etc as secondary. That said I think that a one-dimensional direction of music would not only be boring but kinda annoying/disappointing, not only for some fans but especially some members.
    About Moeka in Team K- with the team image in mind I don't think it would suit her. She feels more like Team A, tho a Team B affiliation could be an interesting experience, as I see them as the most party-ish team :lol:

About that, I would love to see her performing Sustainable once more with the current members. Maybe with the costumes from their current profile pictures, just so I can imagine what hers would have looked like :^^;: :cry2:
    The description of the MV is beautiful. Adding my thoughts that came up: I imagine her wearing a lovely, cute but elegant red dress while strolling through a street decorated with a lot of flowers, mostly red ones maybe, on a bright sunny day while simply enjoying the time. A few semi slow-mo scenes with her smiling- e.g. her visiting a hat shop and trying on a slightly bigger straw hat, than grabbing it by the sides and giggling in a close up :cute:
    I'm wishing for her solo debut, what type of music does not really matter, as long as it is by her. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Just a quick heads up on Sasshi's new group (credit to @fatrain for the info below):

A new SHOWROOM audition project for the group has started at the following link:
    https://www.showroom-live.com/event/audition1

As can be seen some of the candidates appear with portrait photos although most don't. At least initially I can't see anybody who looks like Moeka.

Some of the SR broadcasts so far have been archived by various uploaders and can be found at the following link:
    第3のグループ

Whether any clues will emerge as to whether Moeka might be one of the anonymous candidates, who knows but it might be worth keeping an eye open?

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm definitely keeping an eye open on that group, haha. I read about these Showroom auditions some days ago and honestly, my thought was that since it's not obligatory, even if Moeka really auditioned for this group, she would most likely not appear in the Showroom part. Because she's already known and popular so it would probably steal the attention from others, so yes... I'm not too surprised that she's not among those girls even if she did audition. We'll just have to wait and see for the final revelation. I know some of the girls only do audio for the Showrooms but I also don't think she would do this, but just in case, I'll try listening to the audio ones a bit and see if I recognize a voice ^^

The more I think about it and the more I want her to be part of this group. Now I also LOVE her solo songs and want her to release them, but maybe she can get this chance if she is in a group? Especially if the producer is her friend (Sasshi). I definitely want her solo songs to be released, they are all so good... but also, I've been listening to some of =LOVE's songs, and I think they're nice. I've seen what kind of activities they get, and it's good. They get a bit of everything. After all, Sasshi is ex-48 + a fan of idols, so she knows what's good for idols. also, Moeka's career as idol was way too short. if she does join this group, she will be one of the oldest there (unlike with AKB where she was one of the young ones lol). This would be fun. but yeah we'll wait and see! I still think that it's weird that she says absolutely nothing since her contract ended. She needs to be back asap ;w; if she ends up not in this group then I want a solo debut for her (and hopefully she has a new agency already). Maybe that MV will come true @FlowingColors lol. Either way by February, I really hope we have an update on her plans.

So I found a video of the voting about the 'master of handshake events in AKB48's history', you can watch it here! For each ranked member, a member made a comment. For Moeka, it's Zunchan who talked! They are friends ^^ She's one of the 9 people who voted for Moeka for this. She explained why, and she imitated Moeka's handshake. it reminds me of this video:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Now that I rewatch this, at the very beginning, it shows the moment where Komiharu won for Moeka in the Draft event. and I see that the other 2 teams were Team 4 and Team B? wow, actually I never followed the event haha. I just waited for the results XD so I didn't know that those were the possible teams of Moeka. Hm all 3 were good. I just wanted her in AKB XD I guess if I had to pick, I would have said Team B. but they're all good, what matters to me is what setlist they perform lol. Anyway, the rest of the video is about handshakes, I can't tell if this is completely serious though XD when she held the photographer's hands and when she practiced with the glove, is this real lol I don't know if they did this just for the video hahaha

She looked pretty in the colorful dress btw *-*

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. FlowingColors

Well if she joins =LOVE as 12th member to fill the gap, than there's no need to present her in these auditions. But even if she auditioned for Sasshis new group, do you think she actually would need to go through the whole process? She won AKBs No.1 Singing Contest, centered a single, solo concert and photobook, she was considered the next big center for one of the most successful idol groups in history. So letting her pass or not? That's a no-brainer.
    But a problem I could see is her possibly overshadowing all other members of this new group. Another is, if she joins =LOVE, they are all her senpais. The group was founded in Sep. 2017, around 3-4 months before Moeka joined AKB plus they've been active since while she left the industry in Feb. 2020. So they got around 2+ years more experience - Now she joins and surely gets a lot of attention -possibly even the chance to do solo releases like she dreams- I could understand if that would bring heat into the locker room between Moeka and the other 11 who worked their asses to make the groups name popular. Maybe I am overthinking this, I wish she joins and the new groups members will get faster attention due to Moeka or the =LOVE members will instantly accept and support her, but than again this is not a dreamworld. :^^;:
    What I am sure about is she would instantly be the best singer out of Sasshis groups :worthy: (and my kami-oshi)

And than, maybe.. only maybe...Nogizaka presents her the next days :p

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Today was the finals of the 4th singing competition, I didn't watch it yet but seeing all the news just made me nostalgic of when Moeka was part of it ;w; also, Naachan won, she is friend with Moeka and I'm pretty sure they became more close with the singing competition (remember their duet, it was so nice) so yes, congrats Naachan! This also reminded me that 2 years ago, I said that I would upload Moeka's performance from the 2nd singing competition and... I didn't do it yet XD I really need to do that haha there isn't even any upload of her stage of Nandemonaiya anywhere online. That's one of her most beautiful singing performance.

Let's listen again to Moeka's best performance from the 1st singing competition finals, "I Love You" <3

@FlowingColors if I remember well, Sasshi said that =LOVE won't have generations or new members and that they will stay with the same members, so I'm pretty sure they're not adding anyone (and yes that would create way too much drama lol). So the only chance is in the new group, and I hope they can have members and songs as nice as =LOVE! but tbh, if Moeka is there, I'm going to like and support everything anyway XD The songs just can't sound bad with her voice *-* I also thought about the possible popularity gap between her and others, but knowing Sasshi, she's going to push other girls to the center to balance things. and I took a look at some of the Showrooms of candidates and some girls look good, some sing well, and it isn't even all candidates, so they can probably create a pretty good group with this!

I just thought about it but we've been talking about this a lot and imagine if she didn't even audition for this XD well at least it makes the wait easier to speculate about possible future plans lol if she's not in then we'll just go back to waiting. Until then we're doing a pretty good free promo for the 3rd Sasshi group XD I think they'll be introduced at the beginning of next month? I hope because I want to know fast lol.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Finally I uploaded it [hehe] Here's Moeka's performance from the 2nd singing competition's finals! She performed the song Nandemonaiya (originally by RADWIMPS). This is one of her best performances imo she sounds so clear and beautiful especially the acapella part at the start :cute: I listened to this so many times. I hope more people will listen to it. Enjoy! :cute:

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

• Like Like x 2
  10. FlowingColors

@Mana I downloaded her cover years ago and can't tell you how many times I heard it since then. Still my absolute favorite by her.
    Honestly, every time I listen to it the thought comes up that says "Here, take 60% of the current AKB members in exchange for Moeka". It's absolutely not fair towards these idols, but I just can't resist this thought :^^;: (and to somehow agree with it :hmm:)

If that's the case I'm fine with it, but makes me curious what she plans to do if several more members over the next months/years graduate. Merge them with Noimii or even disbanding :confused:
    =LOVE sound is nice to listen to, but I wish that the new group goes a way that's different, like Keyaki/Sakurazaka in Sakamichi (but would Moeka fit?). Noimii differes a little, but not that much. (They feel a bit like Team K mixed with some Team B lolis, from the charisma I mean. Cool and sporty, yet some are cute and adorable :lol:)

Isn't this the most logical? The chance I give the possibility she actually auditioned is around 20-30%. The rest is just me/us dreaming about and for it. (Nogi, Nogi, Nogi XD)
    But the circumstances are just so fitting, why not getting a bit lost in it :XD:[hehe]

11. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Love Reading @Mana and @FlowingColors both possible wishful happenings❤️ Ah I am curious how this turns out!
    I wish for the 12 th =LOVE member addition... but like @Mana said... Sasshi told they won't have a gen group :( even if she would join the new group they all have an absolute ace/ utahime in the group.
    And Maybe she wouldn't be the only girl with a brilliant voice.
    Don't mind where her way goes. Just wanna have a new life sign of her :(:cold:<3

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Me too! it's been almost 4 months without a sign already :cold:

The ex-CEO of Avex, Max Matsuura, is doing live streams where he answered questions and someone asked him about Moeka (he is the one who was said to work with her and planned to produce her debut). I'm not completely sure about what he said, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I think he said that Moeka said that she wanted to do it on her own (her career?) so he said that it's a good thing and then they had a peaceful separation? if this is it, then I'm not surprised since I already guessed that it was her decision, though this doesn't say more about what could be her plans lol, maybe she's still working on a solo debut? She composed many songs after all (and I need the full versions!). I just hope we can hear about her very soon ;_;

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Some little updates!

- Saikyou Twintail trended on Twitter on 2/2 (Twintail day in Japan)
    - The full MV of Saikyou Twintail passed 200k views (currently at 216k)
    - On February 4th, it's been 2 years since Moeka's last day as AKB ;w;

About the rumors...

So there was a matome (japanese forum talk) in the recent days, which said that Moeka is not in Nogizaka 5th gen and not in Sasshi's group either. For Nogi, the time of their application was when Moeka just announced being signed to Avex so I don't think she ever auditioned for them. Besides, initials of the 5th gens leaked, and none of them match with Moeka. There's more members to be introduced in March but they're being introduced late due to academic reasons, so again this is not Moeka. Now for Sasshi's group... I don't know how do they know about this? Did something about the group leak and we're not aware of it? I read that they're being introduced at the end of this month probably. Maybe some people got infos and she is really not in, but I haven't seen anything about that so it's weird how this was said as a fact in the matome. But well yes she might not be in the group, I lower my expectation haha.

The sad thing is that if this is true, it means we won't hear about Moeka anytime soon. and this time she's really hiding, not even giving random likes on IG and things like this ;_; I just wonder what's her plan because I'm like 99% sure that she's already signed to an agency or at least preparing something. I've seen some people wish that she will re-audition for AKB's 17th gen, but although I would love to see her back in the group, I think it's unlikely that she would return after graduating suddenly like she did, she probably had some reason that we don't know, and unless something changed, I doubt she will decide to be back... but I guess we'll wait and see (but even for this, apparently they're revealed in June, it's so far away :/).

I hope we will get some news soon or even just any sign from her >.<

I found some old screenshots of Moeka. She looks so nice in these clothes <3

Dvf7NvsUUAAmbAx.jpg Dvf2p91U8AEFttI.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Still no updates for Moeka and it's been more than 5 months now ._. (also no announcement for Sasshi's group so we can't get a final confirmation on that possibility). At least this time Moeka said that she will continue to pursue her musical career so we can expect to hear about her someday, but I really didn't think she would go on another long hiatus. I miss her ;_;

Here is an old commercial of Moeka for AKB Mail. I don't remember seeing this back then!

Here is an old video of Moeka giving a message, from the time of Draft 3 event. So cute <3

I think I will try to update her gallery on stage48 these days, with some past photoshoots or social media pictures! or maybe post some compilations here, or make some playlists etc...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

From Miku's Showroom 2 days ago! Someone told her that she looks like Moeka right now (the hair etc.) so she started doing imitations of Moeka, the suchi suchi and expression haha. I love their friendship <3 we could have had so many more moments of them aw ;w; This doesn't really give us an update on Moeka, but it's the best news we have since 5 months ago lol.

16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

There's a little (indirect) update on Moeka, it's from March 26th actually! a japanese fan of Moeka participated in HKT's online talk with Miku, the fan was wearing the t-shirt of Moeka's concert and had the username "Yahagi Moeka's otaku" lol. Apparently Miku said that she got in touch with Moeka in the morning, and that she sounded happy. aww. Thanks to Miku for giving us some kind of update (twice now) >.< As expected these two stayed very close. I wonder if Moeka also keep in touch with all her other friends from 48G.

I guess everyone knows by now, but Sasshi's group has been revealed and Moeka is not part of it. Good thing I didn't have much expectations, but it still made me a little sad ;w; (fun fact, they actually have a member called Moeka lol). I also saw a matome which said that Moeka won't be in AKB's 17th gen, it was posted around the time of the final selection of AKB's 17th gen (end of March), so I guess someone has insider info or something? well tbh I never expected her to return to AKB, so this doesn't surprise me at all, I saw some people thinking that it might happen but yes... I don't think she would have left at such an important time just to return later, unless her reasons for graduating back then are all gone.

I think we can officially say goodbye to Moeka being idol because she's turning 20 in July (usually it's the age limit for many auditions) and in the past months, literally every female groups did auditions, so if she didn't join any of the groups, it's very unlikely that she's still thinking of being idol. tbh if she tried to audition for any of the group, I'm sure she would pass. She most likely never auditioned for anything and have her own plans that we don't know, so I guess now there's nothing to wait for anymore lol hopefully we hear something every now and then and she will return soon as solo singer, I really love her self-composed songs and need full versions ;w;

• Like Like x 5
  17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Still no update from Moeka at all. in 3-4 days, it will be one year since Moeka's return from hiatus (that lasted 4 months) which means it's been 8 months without any sign ;_; I hope we hear something soon. Actually, I'm here to say that Miku talked about Moeka on Showroom again, she was asked about her, and said that she called her the day before. it's pretty much what she said last time too XD so nothing really new but it's nice to know that they contact each other so often. You can see the video here! I love how Miku calls Moeka as "suchi" aw <3

I was looking at one of my folders, here are some nice past pictures of Moeka that I want to share ^^

Group pictures! The first is from her "group" before AKB, then it's with the front row of Saikyou Twintail, and the last two from her subunit Sucheese (that was such a good line-up >.<).

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

Some photos with other members; with Satopii and Cocona (now both graduated too...), with Chiho, with Moeka of NGT (this one is kinda funny lol double Moeka) and with Nogi's Yoda!

005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg

Some random pictures from magazine photoshoots:

009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg

Some cute solo pictures:

012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg 016.jpg

Two more pictures with Satopii and one with Yukina, her sister:

017.jpg 018.jpg 019.jpg

:blush::blush::blush:

• Like Like x 5
  18. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    Well, she will turn 20 in a month, sounds like a great moment to make a come-back.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

OMG...

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

Moeka updated IG for her birthday!!!!!!!
    I didn't expect this at all ;___; I thought she would just edit her bio from '19' to '20'...
    SHE LOOKS SO CUTE ON THE PICTURES AHHHHH

HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY MOEKA!!! <3<3<3

• Like Like x 5
  20. FlowingColors

Happy Birthday Moeka<3 :ome:

Translation from her IG post:
    IG story:
    Screenshot_20220704-182153_Instagram.jpg

@Mana AS IF you just posted a few seconds before me.:asdfgh:
    I just had everything prepared, and then.. :shocku:
    Jk, nice to see that we both had the same intention after seeing her post :lol:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1