1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yahagi Moeka (Moechan) / Draft 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Hugglepuff, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I was on the site that shows the evolution of Twitter followers for 48G and I checked for AKB in September, Moeka is the member who gained the most! She gained around 5000+ new followers (after her it's Naachan and Yuiyui with almost 2000 new followers). Promoting as center of Sustainable had great results, along with appearing alone on a variety show, doing great in the singing competition's first round, and posting good photos (yes it helped LOL). Great month overall for Moeka. if she can keep up like this and get more people's attention, it would be really good for herself and for AKB as a whole.

This video has been gaining attention these days:

if the video does not show watch the video here

it's a performance of Moeka singing Maji de Koisuru 5 Byou Mae. This song is very nice and Moeka performed it really well! Somehow it's getting attention, I translated the japanese comments and there are a lot of opinions. First I want to say Moeka is so cute when she made the mistake around 1:40 where she's saying "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" at the wrong moment (the whole song is live except that part LOL). So cute.

Now for the comments, most of them praise Moeka for being a good singer. One comment says that she might be "AKB's savior". Another comment wish for AKB to have fixed center again and think that Moeka could do well with it if she can be serious with it like Acchan (the Sustainable Mv also had some comments about this who were top comments). and then comments talk about her weight, interestingly, quite a lot are saying that she is not really chubby, or that she's a little chubby but that it suits her and they don't think that she should change. Some others say that if she gets a bit skinnier, she might get more popular. Overall it's mostly positive thoughts or opinions. it's interesting that there are a lot of people who are interested in Moeka and interested to talk about her. I also often see comments from people saying they got back in AKB's fandom because of Moeka, or that pushing her is good for AKB's image because she can sing and this can make them be taken more seriously in terms of skills. There are a lot of opinions like that, some positive and some neutral, or criticism too. It's good to see so much interest from japanese people for Moeka. This video gets new comments like every hour right now!

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. rmn89

rmn89 Member

WOW, this performance reminds me of 80s idols. in a very good way.

3. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Bangumi:
    191006 ミライモンスター (AKB48 矢作萌夏 横山由依) | Mirai Monster (AKB48 Yahagi Moeka, Yokoyama Yui) (2019-10-06)
    00685gaWgy1g7pdj7rssbj30hr09y7fu.jpg
    https://48idol.net/video/16025

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ririe

Ririe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagatomo Ayami
    ^ new outfit?

5. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Moeka's rise has been just insane. I'm pretty sure she's appearing on MM with Yuihan because the producers asked for her and not AKS pushed for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes, a lot of comments on the video say the same about the "showa idol" feeling, and they really like it!

Back when I posted the Maji de Koisuru 5 Byou Mae performance above, it had around 30,000 views, now it has 90,000 views. it still gets a lot of comments, similar to the ones before, it's great to see the interest for Moeka and the discussions and different opinions!

This made me think it's such a good thing for Moeka that she got a solo concert. The person who uploaded this video is also uploading different other lives of Moeka's concert and people are watching them and learning more about her singing, cuteness etc. it's such a good way to get introduced to her. in only 1-2 years, Moeka actually did so much, her solo concert, the singing competitions, variety shows, photoshoots... when she became center, people who wanted to learn about her could find a lot of this content and I think she got a lot of new fans, even now.

I wish she could sign to an agency so she could have more solo work, but AKS is so strict with this... I have a hard time to believe that big agencies aren't interested in Moeka or other AKB new gens, meanwhile some NGT members got signed to big agencies right at their debut and have constant appearances on shows now. when Moeka appeared alone in a show last month, the response was great, but I doubt she can get many chances like this without an agency. at least she has Mirai Monster and she's regular there which is already really good. I just can't help but imagine, she has a lot of potential for singing and variety and with a big agency, she could really do amazing. AKS needs to help these girls and let them sign to big agencies...

For now there's the internet for people to get to know Moeka but only if they themselves decide to search about her. There's quite a lot of people who do so I guess it's going well, right now. I'm curious to see how her career will progress!

• Like Like x 5
  7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Moeka's net shop photos for October 2019!

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg
    006.jpg 007.jpg 009.jpg 008.jpg 010.jpg

Cute outfit! >.< She looks adorable! <3<3<3

• Like Like x 2
  8. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Bangumi:
    191013 ミライモンスター (AKB48 矢作萌夏 横山由依) | Mirai Monster (AKB48 Yahagi Moeka, Yokoyama Yui) (2019-10-13)
    [​IMG]
    https://48idol.net/video/16098

• Like Like x 3
  9. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Bangumi:
    191020 ミライモンスター (AKB48 矢作萌夏 横山由依) | Mirai Monster (AKB48 Yahagi Moeka, Yokoyama Yui) (2019-10-20)
    [​IMG]
    https://48idol.net/video/16189

• Like Like x 2
  10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Moeka has uploaded a cute and funny new TikTok video :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. asakuraikun

asakuraikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Inori / Ten / Tamami
    It was so...sudden....
    I'm kinda trying to understand what's happening
    (I do obviously respect her decision)

13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  14. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    There goes my hope for the next big AKB48 trio - Naachan, Yuiyui and Moeka. Deeply startled and disappointed...

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Thanks AKS :fp:.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Really shocking. Given the potential she clearly had/has it just feels. . . like such a waste.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

AKB gave her a center position and she's repaid them by flaking out of the group.

• Agree Agree x 29
    • Dislike Dislike x 8
  18. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Am I the only one who thinks that the real reason behind her graduation is because Bunshun just caught something that was even bigger than her previous scandal, to the point that the management had no choice but forced her to graduate?

• Like Like x 9
    • Creative Creative x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

LIKE WHAT HAPPEN ? I thought the future Akb48 after Acchan,Takamina,Yuko are Naachan,Moechan,Yuiyui. WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Wasn't really that unexpected though. Moekyun said on her SR that someone from AKB is going to announce graduation soon that will shock everyone, that she has never been in the same team or even same stage as that person before, and that the person's name (name, not last name) starts with M. There was a lot of discussion on 5ch about it and given this info it was pretty clear it would be Moeka.

• Informative Informative x 4