1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamaguchi Maho (Mahohon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

Source: https://twitter.com/maho_yamaguchi/status/1191696517238706176
    EInBpLfU8AACiqF.jpg EInBpLeVAAIbrCk.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 2
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm glad how well she is doing on her own :inlove: she really deserves all the recognition for her hard work and beauty

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Joachim

Joachim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    Joche74
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I love that dress so much. I wonder if it comes in black lol

7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Lest it's too late, here's a small random collection of photos of Maho taken during the "free for shooting" section of the fan event. Since there's too much to choose from, you can find more of it by looking up the #山口真帆ファンクラブイベント2019 hashtag on Twitter, which comes also with videos of the same scenes (as well as pics of some of the merch sold at the event's premises):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Panoramic view of the event's venue as seen from the audience seats in the back:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The show also had for a highlight the surprise appearance (among the audience, queued in the hallway) of Maho's new favorite mascot, Blubea. He was jumping from joy, so to speak:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I was also counting on someone, even this time, recording in full and uploading the Instalive guerrilla broadcasts she had both before and during the show, but seems like I have to make do with just the following for now:
    ・Backstage stream, explaining the meaning behind the design of some of the merch (in this case, the pouches were modeled humorously on a membership card for one, and another on a school attendance certificate, with gadgets like it appearing to have been a fad lately)
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1207222085447061504/pu/vid/720x1280/b6BasBR90osie4oK.mp4
    ・Scenes from the nagashi-soumen ("sliding soumen") corner of the show. As someone duly pointed out, during an episode of Gachi Gachi Countdown with Ayusa (Watanabe) aired at the end of 2018, back in her idol group days, this was something that Maho expressed to want to try out before the end of that given year. It went over a year too late than expected, but it was made a reality in the end...
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1207256842583175169/pu/vid/720x1280/fW95Pb3gYSrFC7hU.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1207257227641245696/pu/vid/720x1280/HgxI-P5x9UEdP3dD.mp4

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    Her new line of fan merchandise is really impressive! The clothing is very stylish and simple, I want both colours of the t-shirts and I really want to try the Maho Yamaguchi perfume, Mahore Charme. <3

maho1.jpg maho2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 3
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I wonder if the calendar will be April-April or April-December? :confused:

11. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Probably April-March or April-April. I've never seen a Japanese calendar that starts in March/April end at December.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 5
  13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story in SponichiAnnex (Please forgive the google). Also in ModelPress and Oricon.

Former NGT48 actress Maho Yamaguchi (24) makes her first drama appearance on the Nippon Television series drama "Panda laughs in a world that is neither white nor black." (Start 12th, Sunday 10.30)

In this drama, a mysterious woman with amazing physical ability, Miss Panda (ミスパンダ), and a man who manages her, a keeper, attaches “Shirokuro” [White and Black] to a gray incident in the world.・ The show co-stars Nana Seino (25) and Ryusei Yokohama (23). Yamaguchi first appears as an employee of an IT company.

Yamaguchi, who decided to appear in the drama for the first time, said, "I am really happy that I will be performing in the drama for the first time. `` The role I played was a woman who lived strongly, though she was hunted down and sad, but she was a difficult woman. I was so grateful that it would lead to the courage of various people because there was a part I longed for living strongly. "

20200111s00041000205000p_view.jpeg

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2020/01/11/kiji/20200111s00041000213000c.html
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1933516
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2152996/full/

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I see @sscrla already did much of the job, but since I was working on it here's a more complete artice translation in any case, this one coming from the Crank-In website.
    ---

Yamaguchi Maho’s actress debut! Appearance in the first episode of “Shiro demo Kuro demo nai Sekai de Panda wa Warau”

It has been confirmed that actress Maho Yamaguchi will make an acting appearance on the first episode of “Shiro demo Kuro demo nai Sekai de Panda wa Warau [In a World Neither Black nor White, the Panda has a Laugh]” (Yomiuri TV/Nippon TV networks - Every Sunday at 22:30), double-starred by actress Seino Nana and actor Yokohama Ryuusei. For Yamaguchi, this one is going to be her drama debut.

Receiving requests from a certain “Mister No Compliance”, in this production Miss Panda, a mysterious girl possessing astounding physical prowess, and Mr. Keeper, a man who handles her, are depicted determining what’s black and what’s white about cases out there that are left in a gray zone, which even the police and the mass media are unwilling to touch upon. Seino will play two faces of the same character: the professional player of Go Kawata Ren and a mysterious entity which is creating an upset among society: Miss Panda. Yokohama will play Morijima Naoki: a medical student who’s studying psychology at university and appears on television as “Mentalist N” on the side, but behind it, he also serves as “Mr. Keeper” for Miss Panda. Performing in the role of “Mister No Compliance”, a mysterious figure who’ll issue requests to the duo so as to see what’s black and what’s white about those gray-zone cases, will be actor Sato Jiro.

Guest starring in the first episode of this show will be Yamaguchi, turned actress after graduating as an idol. In this first episode, which will see Miss Panda diving into the gray-zone side of an IT company, involving sexual harassment and power harassment, Yamaguchi is set to play an employee of said company, where one Emoto Tatsuo, played by Wada Masato, serves as president.

Yamaguchi commented: “I have had the opportunity to act in a drama for the first time ever, and I’m really happy about it. This is a show with an incredibly intriguing storyline to it, and to be able to appear as guest in the first episode is for me a great honor. The role I played is that of a woman which faces many worries, while being driven to the edge and going through sadness too, but still keeps living on her life with a strong will. It was a difficult role, but thinking: «How would I have handled that, if it were me?», there was also a part of me which aspired to be strong and live on, the same way the woman I acted as did. So, I’d be more than happy if this can contribute to instill courage in many people outside”.

The Sunday drama “Shiro demo Kuro demo nai Sekai de Panda wa Warau” will begin its broadcast every Sunday at 22:30 on the Yomiuri TV and Nippon TV networks, starting from January 12, 2020.

In the first episode, at the company where Emoto (Wada) works as president, female employee Aina ends up committing suicide jumping off a building. There are various rumors spreading on the Internet about the death of Aina, but Miss Panda will work on to expose the truth behind her demise.

---
    Source: https://www.crank-in.net/news/72766/1
    Last additional paragraph taken from: https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2152996/full/

Extras:
    A video message directly from the ShiroKuro official Twitter account:
    [​IMG]
    (click on the thumbnail to jump to the video)
    https://twitter.com/shirokuro_drama/status/1215832745437351938

A promotional appearance on TV, roughly with the same content as above:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Now that I finally have the chance, here's also an additional translation of the episode's story courtesy of Oricon.
    ---

・First episode’s synopsis (contains spoilers)

[​IMG]

A video showing the politician Uezaka (Kawasaki Mayo), himself suspected of having committed sexual abuse on a woman, personally admitting to his own crimes is played all over Japan, causing a great upset. This is the doing of one mysterious figure, Miss Panda: “determining what’s black and what’s white about mishaps out there left in a gray zone”!

Currently working part-time at the Go cafe GOBAN, the professional Go player Ren (Seino Nana) only has pessimistic thoughts in her mind, due to which she can’t manage to win anymore at matches. Meanwhile, making appearances on variety shows under the moniker of “Mentalist N”, Naoki (Yokohama Ryuusei) is an university student studying psychology. One day he happens to catch a glimpse of the president of an IT company, Emoto (Wada Masato), and his subordinate Yamazaki delivering an apology, at a TV station. Much criticism from viewers was drawn upon Emoto, who serves as a commentator for news programs. A video had spread on the Internet, showing Aina -- an employee of his who has committed suicide -- with her face wrapped with bandages from some time before she had died. It is regarded this was a suicide resulting from her distress over her own appearance.

Naoki is then being called over by “Mr. No Compliance” (Sato Jiro), who conducts a job exposing the truth that is being kept hidden. Naoki gets communicated by “Mr. No Compliance” to see what’s black and what’s white regarding the demise of Aina.

Aina actually underwent a plastic surgery operation some days prior to her death. Even though she must have become more beautiful after having a plastic surgery, what would the reason for her suicide then be? The possibility is considered of a medical mistake that might have happened while at the cosmetic surgery department where Aina had her operation. Meanwhile, Ren visited the psychiatric section of the university’s hospital. One of the things she feels pleased about her own time going back and forth to the hospital is meeting with Naoki, who’s a student of psychiatry there. Ren herself feels a sense of love for Naoki, who had decided to invite her to go have pancakes together. An invitation from Naoki coming to Ren, while in this state. As she is intent on watching Naoki as he poured sirup on pancakes, Ren’s consciousness feels like wandering… What manifests itself afterwards, is Miss Panda!

At the funeral services for Aina, Miss Panda goes on to play a video which investigates into the truth behind Aina’s suicide. It is then screened a scene of Aina taking off the bandages from her face. Aina (Yamaguchi Maho), having turned beautiful thanks to plastic surgery, was actually seeking to live on a brand new life from there. Naoki exposes how Emoto is associated to Aina’s demise, and later takes down Emoto himself, who strikes him in an attempt to shut his mouth. Emoto finds himself bound to an operating table, with Miss Panda proclaiming they’ll go on to perform a “surgery to extract what’s black and what’s white”. Here, Miss Panda plays a video in which Aina openly denounces the sexual harassment and power harassment at the hands of Emoto.

Emoto confesses that he loved Aina. The sexual harassment and power harassment committed towards Aina were allegedly actions stemming from Emoto’s distorted sense of love. Following the surgery, Aina, along with Yamazaki, had pressed Emoto on that she would be going to upload her disclosure video on the Internet. Out of his mind at the fact Aina’s facial features have now changed, he starts beating her, and while in the middle of a brawling with each other, Aina ends up falling accidentally from a window of the building. It turns out that Yamazaki was then ordered by Emoto to upload only a portion of that video which Aina had filmed, so as to make it appear like it was a case of suicide.

With light being shed on the truth behind Aina’s demise, Naoki receives commendations from Sajima. Sajima’s real identity turns out to be that of the currently serving Minister of Justice. Cradling a panda’s plush, Naoki recalls about his late father, Setsuya (Tanaka Kei). In the meantime, Ren goes to the clinic to pay a visit to an acquaintance. Here, Ren’s mother Maiko (Yamaguchi Sayaka) had been hospitalized...

---
    Source: https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2153025/full/

Extras:
    One more promotional video featuring Maho,which was uploaded just before the airing of the show:
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/shirokuro_drama/status/1216299253204574209

Looks like Team 8's Hashimoto Haruna was livewatching the show and commenting on Maho's character, yesterday:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    https://7gogo.jp/hashimoto-haruna/9825

So was STU48's Takino Yumiko while on Showroom:
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1216362302661787648/pu/vid/1280x720/FXq7ivqvxpl2777C.mp4

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Instagram Live by Maho from about two days ago, 2020.03.06.

This time, it happened to be a more or less exhaustive showcase of the Maho-related merchandise that had just gone one sale around these days. Maho herself was introducing them as she gave a brief explanation for each.
    • The broadcast started quite literally with the BIG towel, which as the name says is quite big indeed for a towel. (`・∀・)
      With Maho reminding that she should be about 1.64 meters tall by comparison, this one is instead 150 cm in lenght instead.
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • A fast reminded that the printed t-shirt Maho is wearing is also part of the merchandise catalogue.
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Also apparently drawing from the same photoshoot of the t-shirt design, there is also a stylish mug cup.
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Moving on to the acrylic portrait stands, Maho revealed while at it also a little easter egg about the one with her lying on the bed. The clock on the nightstand is set at exactly 9:17 for a reason, which is meant to represent her birthday.
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • This was followed up by a sneak-peek at the content of the two calendars on sale due next month. The first one happens to be the tabletop one, out of which two pages were revealed.
      Pointing at the first one, seems like Maho had been discussing with the staff on what hue adjustment would be the best fitting out a selection of them (and in fact she even posted an Instagram Story of that some days before, namely the third one from left in here, to show the same selection process with the portrait stands from before).

The glasses in the second page, as Maho pointed out, are actually a pair of her own which she would wear habitually. Anyway, both shots inside of that have Maho without basically no makeup on, also given the photoshoot's situation with Maho brushing teeth while still in a pajama... (*´-`)
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • The second round of sneak-peeks has instead to do with the wall-hanging calendar, due out by next month as well. Introducing it as "best value shot" (that's little joke related to Japanet's TV sales pitches, perhaps...?), we are presented with this first page revolving around kitchen and strawberries, and some marshmallows too. (*´∀`)
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      Maho sounded particularly satisfied in explaining how the photo collage was done by her, in which she tried to strike a pleasant balance in the composition with it.
      Even there, Maho explained the hidden references behind some of the shots taken. She mentions how the bottom left one is her mimicking a Pinocchio nose, and then she leaves viewers to guess what the one on the upper left could be...
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      Not very long after, someone finally figures it out and says it's meant to be tears of sorriness coming rolling down the cheeks. In other words, a "Pien~" shot. ( ´∀`)

A photo of the November page.
      "Considering that for the wall-hanging calendar the dress shot went on to be used as the cover photo -- how can I say -- this one might lead people to think there would be lots of such shots inside, but in reality there are also more playful ones like the one with strawberries just before. And then, as opposed to the collage composition from earlier, there's also single-shot pages as well ... There's also me striking a cooler pose sitting at the window's ledge. ... I think boys would like it, but so would girls too."
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And for last, a photo of the December page. Emphasis from Maho went on the "exclusive sleeping face shot", explaining this is exclusive to the wall-hanging calendar and is not to be found in the tabletop version. All the same, Maho's own favorite from the page is actually her playing "fly higher and higher" with the teddy bear, if nothing else because of how surreal and amusing it is that the teddy bear ended up staring directly at the camera's direction by some chance. (*´∀`)
      Anyway, the bottom line is to explain how the calendar, while containing shots in the same fashion as the cover, also had a fair share of cutesy pictures inside of it like this one.
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • These last item in the showcase, as prefaced by Maho, is instead aimed only at those who have signed up to her own private fan club, although reassuring there's still time if they haven't yet. After leaving again some moments to viewers for guessing, she revealed it as being a newsletter magazine of all things, to be sent for free to all fan club subscribers, beginning from "...well, very soon!".
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      Maho was pretty secretive with the content, only willing to show a page with some behind-the-scenes photos never published before from various places (the one in the bottom section is clearly from the shootings of the "ShiroKuroPanda" drama, in any case).
      After asking who was probably the manager standing off camera in the same room if she could show it yet, and being answered back most likely negatively, Maho eventually decided to show some more of it from very afar from the camera instead... (´∀`;)
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      "There lots of written pieces inside, like that..."
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      "There are also some other photo shots... How about that? Is this something I can show?", "They told me that I shouldn't! Well, sorry about that!".
      In any case, from the description given by Maho, it sounds to be a full-fledged fanzine with articles, columns, and everything one might expect from such publications. For the initial issue, she talked something of a day-by-day production diary of the photobook, as well as once again about the filming of the drama. However, soon after, she also hinted at more personal material, by bringing up articles in which she would go on to recommend diet products, everyday items, as well as perfume and beauty care goods.
      To make but an example of one female-oriented article inside that girls are advised to absolutely check out, one which Maho tells she has spent considerable efforts in compiling and researching. Maho brings up the fact that she happens to own over 100 sets of nails in her collection (not without looking a bit bashful at it...). Then, to give an idea, she goes on at lenght about how in the article she would suggest (from the standpoint of a "nails buff", she calls herself laughing) about what nail brands are best to go with certain social situations, work environment, or that fill the needs for specific features, more in particular...
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    For anyone who has in mind to purchase them, let it be known they are all available at Ken-On's own official on-line store.
    http://www.kenon-shop.jp/products/list.php?category_id=89
    I haven't tried it out yet, myself. but I do believe that any of them can be shipped overseas without going through any indirect workarounds anyway.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  19. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    She got most of her popularity due to the assault scandal.;)

• Dislike Dislike x 17
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    More like, she got most of her popularity for standing up for herself and not being silenced. And by doing that, she stood up for all idols, and encouraged so many others to come forward with their own stories.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1