1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamao Rina (Yamarina) / 4th Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, May 2, 2013.

1. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    YAMAO RINA

[​IMG]

Team: Kenkyuusei
    Name: Yamao Rina (山尾梨奈)
    Nickname: Yamarina (やまりな)
    Birthdate: December 10, 1995
    Birthplace: Kyoto, Japan

2. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    No one's posted here yet! It's a shame because Yamarina has caught my eye recently in the LODs I've been watching. I like the sharpness of her dancing and I think she's a good performer. Probably my favourite 4th gen girl I think. I hope she gets more exposure because I really like what I've seen of her and I want to see her succeed :)

3. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Yamarina (like Takei Sara, team M draft member) took all 4 NMB auditions except that she passed the 4th one. She used to be a gachi-wota of Nana, going so far as to creating her own Virginity outfit and going to a picture event dressed in it.

[​IMG]

4. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    Oh my god that's adorable. It's a pretty good Virginity outfit, I can't believe she made it herself haha. I'm glad she's finally able to live her dream :) Hoping she succeeds and gets promoted because I really like her.

5. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I've started to notice her a lot because she's soooooooooooooooooooo tiny. :D I like her under for Kataomoi wa Taisakusen, though it makes me sad because when she unders she doesn't get a lot of pop.

Apparently she's only 147cm, which translates to around 4'10" for us Americans.

She's also known for being loud at handshake events (you can hear when you're 4 lanes away) and for making cookies for the other members.

6. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    Yamarina is great, I've become a big fan of hers. I'm not surprised to hear about the handshake thing, but it was actually one of her cookie posts on g+ that made me take notice of her. She had made shooting star, moon, and unicorn shaped cookies, but her dad thought the unicorns were elephants, so she gave her dad a -1.

I suppose it's not much, but it made me laugh quite a bit. :D

I also enjoy watching her perform even if she can be a bit hard to find at times. Aside from who "deserves it" and whatnot, I'm hoping she can get a swift promotion so she can start showing up on various shows to see more of her. It's good she's moved up the ranks in Akagumi as well. :)

7. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Here's Yamarina's Senkyo Appeal vid translated:

Yamarina actually wore this dress in the picture event last week.

8. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    Discussed a bit in the Saka Agari thread, but still kind of a prevailing thought overall just how small Yamarina is and how noticeable it is that she is so small, but in watching her and Lemon duke it out in a game of musical chairs, I can't help but wonder why it is Yamarina stands out so much more on stage due to her height than Miorin does.
    https://plus.google.com/101744276038072683080/posts/25wE2aR8qLq

I don't know if this is just something I notice as I'm just generally watching for Yamarina more when she's performing, but it doesn't feel like Miorin's height deficiency is as noticeable. I just skimmed through the recent stage and nothing really stood out to me when looking for Lemon. Well, besides them sharing a row with Ayatein and Koko-chan during Ibiza Girl...that was pretty noticeable. :p
    Untitled.png

Wonder if it's in their builds. Or maybe we're just so used to Miorin...

9. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Yamarina also learned a position in a week. Someone needs to give her a medal or something.

10. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Miorin has a small face so it matches her small stature whereas Yamarina's isn't as tiny. It also appears that Miorin has longer limbs.

It's funny, lately I think Yamarina has a skillset that matches Nana, from a distinctive voice to the vocal/dance talent to the leadership quality to the small stature... I guess her Nana-oshi is showing. But at the same time, it's hard to make a name for yourself when you're almost like another member who is established and experienced.

11. NMBeauties

NMBeauties Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    cheekynamba
    I like Yamarina a lot! She is amazing, I didn't know about these facts ^
    now I like her more :hehe:

Can't wait to her promotion :gavel: :awesome:

12. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I hope/think she'll be promoted to M! Yamarina, you are Team M approved by a Team M Oshi!

13. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

Make that two! I would love Yamarina in Team M.

14. NMBeauties

NMBeauties Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    cheekynamba
    I want her on Team N too [hehe]

15. Roriline

Roriline Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    I don't really mind which team she is promoted to as long as she is promoted but
    since I'm a fan of BII I'd love her there.

16. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    I'd like her in BII as well. I really liked how the team looked performing with her.

Plus, if they want to do that whole Miorina thing, it would be easier with them on the same team, I guess. I'd say they could give them a unit, but like BII is getting an original stage in the next five years.

• Like Like x 1
  17. junjou19

junjou19 Member

She and the other KKS got a little lost in the recent M stage...I hope she gets more chances to perform there because I really think it would help her improve and be able to grow up into Team M.

18. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I wish they would hurry up and make me to current KKS a real team because Yamarina recently turned 19 and Maichi isn't getting any younger and they're beyond more that ready at this point.

19. NMBeauties

NMBeauties Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    cheekynamba
    Team 4II? Haha, would be awesome

20. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Yamarina2.jpg
    Still can't believe she's 19 but her seitansai was awesome ! The fans was so hyped(really hyped) during the whole stage and it made me really excited. Nana's letter was a bit unexpected but Yamarina was really on point when Post-Nana thingy first came out. Now all that's left is to get her promoted.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2018