Yamashita Emiri (Emily)

Discussion in 'Team KIV' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Methinks I spy Emiri in the new AKB show! :O :D

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2016
  2. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    I was looking at this as well while trawling through Twitter. I kind of froze when they said they're making MNL48 and some people mentioned her being transferred to MNL48 but I think management will have other plans for her.

I'm thrilled for this. :D

(On a side note, H!P also has Kobushi Factory and Tsubaki Factory. Dahek...)

EDIT, again: It's a drama, and it looks like it's from the book that Akimoto Yasushi penned himself. And while browsing at the homepage it seems that Emili is the only Kenkyuusei!

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  3. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    According to her she knew nothing about it either! But she wants to get more into acting so she's glad that they chose her. After she posted the link on 755 she did say something to the end of not wanting fans to leave her, so maybe she's worried about fan reactions (which is a legit concern to have btw from the comments I've been reading lol). Could also be the usual Yamiri playing up though, I don't know.

As for the content, we'll see, however I don't really expect anything non-cringeworthy as you can only put so much actual story in a 10min clip besides the obvious overhyped kiss scene, and the book is by Aki-P of all people lol. I hope she plays a badass girl or something! I feel like that fits her.

In other news, I think she's up for the concerts tomorrow. All the other KKS, I'm not sure about. So I think there'll perhaps be a Sweet You performance at the East (NMB&HKT) vs. West (AKB&SKE) concert? Sounds like an ideal moment.

And about the days afterwards, I really hope she'll get promoted, but I have think small fear in the back of my mind that they won't promote everyone, or even anyone. To monitor the 4th gen or something. Which would be okay were it not for the fact that they've already been KKS longer than Maikomu.
    If any, Emiri will probably be promoted if they only promo some of them.
    I still think KIV!

CeRz1ivUAAAdUhK.jpg

Lastly, about MNL48, I'm sure a ton of ppl will go "Kennin!" now. But personally I don't know if I like that, as overseas kennins have either turned out bad (Akicha), an empty box (Miyazawa), or a transfer (Harugon). And I don't really want either of those for her lol. Also she hardly speaks any Tagalog/ect.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  4. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    ^^ With the way the KKS is promoted now, I really could confirm now your point that the KKS is now the unofficial 3rd HKT48 team. Sure, Emili is the only one among the KKS considered for the drama, but given that she's been in the group for 2 and a half years now, surely do you still think of her generation as KKS for that matter? Not sure if I'd even want a 3rd group now; I'd rather give them more work and exposure instead.

Meanwhile, I've been on repeat watching episodes 157 and 158 of Odekake, which were loads of fun. The episode has this subplot on Matsuoka Hana trying to catch Gotou-san's attention, making some passing greets to him. On the other hand, Emili, who was jokingly tagged as Gotou's ex-girlfriend by Sasshi, had already known of it, and made known her thoughts to the staff.

She also gives me the impression of being a silent, hard worker that's eager to learn a task. Most of the time, shes in the back, but when its time to do the dirty work, she gives it all. And the episodes that she's MVP or excelling at involves mainly physical activity. In Episode 158, Sasshi even complemented her maneuvering the raft and said that she looks like she had the face that could appear in a commercial.

I like it that she's having a lot of fun with these episodes. It's probably the reason why I like watching Odekake than the NGT48 vs HKT48.

Anyhow, I notice her efforts and her maturity being an idol. Not sure how her acting chops would hold though since Majisuka Gakuen didn't show much for it but I hope she has a solo episode for herself in Koi Koujou and she's given a good storyline and show her acting skills (even if it feels like we already know who's getting the plaudits.) While her concerns about fans leaving just because of offending scenes matter, I think her charm shows more on talent and personality and I think more fans are open on her advancing her career rather than mere wota pandering.

Who knows, she really nails it and bags a major acting gig, even getting closer to her Oshimen Maeatsu.

(Did she ever submit her application for the Senbatsu this year? Still wondering why she won't give it a try just to gauge on fan reaction. On the other hand, some J-wotas want Tano Yuuka to transfer to MNL48.)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  5. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    OH MY GOD

TEAM TII CAPTAIN!!!

You cannot imagine how excited I am, how utterly thrilled for Emiri right now. <3

So many congratulations!!!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  6. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Since I'm in a celebrating mood...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Why do you always get the news first?!!?

But I'm so happy :) :) :)

Many more opportunities Emiri! :D

8. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Probably because refreshing for AKB news is one of things that gets me through work :p
    Sorry!

This really will create even more opportunities for her, I can't wait to see what they are!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

9. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    I was kind of hoping that Sae will be the leader since she's the eldest and I think the one poised by the wotas to be chosen. Not that I don't want Emiri to be chosen but I really prefer her to be a mere member of a new or existing team just so that she could focus on getting more work. I feel that being the captain/leader can be a really big responsibility which adds up to stress. Plus, she's getting up there at an age where she needs to consider continuing being an idol or concentrating for college.

Not sure what this means if she can still transfer to MNL48 in the future but with a big responbility up her sleeves, I doubt she will.

Regarding Emiri's personality, she still has this unpolished feel in her; she's still a bit shy, very reserved, and doesn't have that "assertive" appearance in her. Somewhat unleader-like in my opinion. Not sure how many wotas will be up in arms about this decision though. I'm expecting that some of them will complain in one way or the other and it'll run through the gamut.

However, I could kind of see why they chose her to become the leader.

(Come to think has anyone be under Team Kaigai if they're non AKB?)

Congrats Emiri. You made me risk writing this entry during office hours just because I'm just so excited about this like I'm a father tending to his children. You now belong to the club where Akimoto Sayaka, Misato Misaki, Negishi Ai and Erika Denya are in right now.

10. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

congrats for the promotion Team TII captain !!! I am excited they announced the new Team TII and happy for Emily's future role as Team TII Captain.

11. strawberry-baby

strawberry-baby Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakamotoerena
    Congratulations to Emiri, I think she will be a very interesting captain!

12. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Just coming here for the sake of congratulating Emiri.

CONGRATULATION!:1st:

Also, I like to watch HKT Documentaries in near future. Rumor said it shows Emiri leadership quality behind the scene. And I'm curious.

13. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Great news! First of all, I was very wrong on my Team bets, so imagine my surprise lol.

Aside from that I too was wondering how the descision for cap/vice cap was taken, when I remembered Misaki talking about the 3rd gen on Mado FM the other day. I went back and translated it:

Sae is the self-proclaimed vice-vice btw, Ueki style lol.

Not to overstate the position of captain but you can see the duality between Emiri & Hazuki, supported by Sae. Emiri has grown a lot since debut, and I think she'll grow into this too. She's clearly the most fiery of the 3rd gen, which can -and does lol- give strife, but they have been together for 2 1/3 years and have learned to become friends & good teammates.

Emiri will have doubts about herself as she always does, she'll only post tomorrow for example bc she's still too overwhelmed, but I think with everyone around her she can grow into one of the most passionate captains.
    Some good attitudes and heat in a team or between friends, makes the best ones.

Also, she was in a unit today too:
    IMG_2700.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. thrillho

thrillho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Congrats Emiri for the captaincy!

15. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Congratulations to Emiri for becoming captain of Team TII! (and of course being promoted as well)

16. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Ah, so this is the reason though why Emiri admitted before that she and Misaki had disagreements. I don't follow radio that much and rely mostly on what I could read like 2ch, the blogs twitter and Japanese wota comments. From what you have translated it seems that Sae has this most poised to be leader kind of look being more diplomatic if that's the case, but I'm still puzzled about Emiri still.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2016
  17. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Personally I would've liked Sae as well, for obvious reasons. However, I don't think she's better than Emiri for this, nor worse. Emiri might be fiery, moody, and a bit younger. But Sae is also too mellow at times, maybe too soft on things.
    So in the end I think it's about the same, and I also think Emiri is getting very hype for this & taking it as a bit of a mission for her. Imo this can make her grow a lot in aspects where it'd been difficult before. For example, trying to get rid of the moodiness (like Natsu did), here's her G+:
    Emiri.png
    (If interested, the others are here)

After all of TII & other members went to see One Piece at Hakataza today, she went for a 'Captain's dinner' with Hazuki:
    01 - 1 (4).jpg

This is why I like this new team of all these ex-KKS. It's like they have a joint project, a clean slate. Trying to figure out how & what they'll do.

18. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

Congrats emiri! Another half filipino team captain in 48g.

19. Minni4

Minni4 Kenkyuusei

Congrats:banana::banana:

20. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    @DeJure, The one I'm most worried about is Misaki's cooperation, if you know what I mean.

Anyhow, I'm still sticking to the possibility of Sae hinting at college. Emiri is 17 which is just about the mean age for everyone in TII but not close enough to be right up there considering college options.

Nice that Hokazono and Emiri's planning ahead.

I'm not sure why but this kind of 10 people in the group is probably much much better and I hope they'd think of this kind of composition instead of cramming a lot of girls in a team. It shows their chemistry and how they gel up together as a group. Also, TII still needs to get this momentum with the fandom, showing off their personalities. I'm not sure how the Senbatsu rankings will affect her being the captain, but other than that, I'm looking at how the entire team dynamics will pan out. I'm excited.

I've been reading comments now here and then challenging Emiri at some aspects (being "weak in the head" or "weird writing." Funny that even my two other oshis are being accused of such.) Still, there's something in this Team that makes me root about them. Is it Hana's constant Goto-flirtation, or Sae's mature charm, or Maria's youth, or Erena's goofiness, or Vivian's Natsume Mito-like bangs and weirdness? And despite the weak-headedness she's accused of, there's something about Emiri that binds all of them.

Reading back at 2 1/2 years worth of posts in her thread, at first, I was thinking that being her oshi was just this passive kind of liking. Funny how the girl, which didn't make much of an impression on her first LOD, is now the captain of a new team.

And, reading @soul.assassin's comments 2 years ago:

It's still a long way.