1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamashita Emiri (Emily)

Discussion in 'Team KIV' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Nov 2, 2013.

1. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Yeah her debut was rough, to say the least lol. Gaining more confidence over time has helped her a lot or so it looks to me (as you say getting less and less "weak in the head"). I wouldn't be surprised if that was basically gone by next year or so.

As for Sae, I know that when she graduated high school last year, fans asked her about what she wanted to do now, and she said that she'll just concentrate on being an idol for now. So there's that. In any case she can always take over her mom's flower business lol.

Talking about flowers, Sae & Emiri went out today in Tokyo, while they were waiting to perform at the AKB theater on Monday:
    saemail160402.png

There's also news about the AiAi talk radio contest, for which Sae, Mao and Emiri fans teamed up to vote for Emiri. She finished third, so she'd get to do a radio broadcast, but by the old rules that meant that she only could take one person along. However after initial worries, the staff cleared it out that she could take both Mao and Sae after all, so it's a success!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  2. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Now's just the start.

3. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    I can't wait for this. Not sure what they'll be talking about in the Labyrinth.

Anyway, looks like Emiri sang Romance no Kakurenbo in today's LOD. I need to get the file right away! :D

Source: http://asukyann.blog.jp/archives/57736611.html

4. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

Vivi and Emily in a new CM

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    I'll need your help on this @DeJure :D

6. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Some offshoots from Koi Koujou

Attached Files:

7. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Well it's been a long time for so long. I've been procrastinating.

I'll update this once in a while. We're still waiting for her appearance in Koi Koujou.

Here are some shots of Emiri for Young Animal with everyone :D

And these shots of her being the center of a performance just makes her shine through :D

8. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    What do you guys think of Emirir having a Kennin for MNL48?

9. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

^
    I don't think that's going to happen. She's just got promoted, and is the Captain of a new team that is likely going to receive new members/trainees once the HKT audition ends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Too remote. She can't be captain and kennin at the same time, although it would be fine if she visits briefly as a guest adviser.

BTW, she's live right now.
    https://www.showroom-live.com/48_EMIRI_YAMASHITA

11. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Saw it! Who was on her phone btw?

12. onlooker

onlooker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri

If there will be a MNL48 and Ems would be considered for a kennin position, she should learn how to speak and understand Tagalog first (as in could carry a conversation) or at least English. I've seen a video where she spoke Tagalog but it was very basic words. She should also step up in singing and dancing or maybe some acting. Same goes for all of the half Filipinos in the AKB group (anyone of them is possible for kennin position).

13. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Sorry I haven't been posting a lot of Emiri related posts lately. Personally, I don't think she would Kennin to MNL48 unless things get rosy in our country, or she'd study English which I doubt will happen, although to digress Cebu Pacific does have direct flights to Fukuoka now.

Anyway, there's a video surfacing about Emiri's entry in the Love Factory series. Not sure if it already aired or she played a bit part. Sorry I forgot to upload this in here. Not sure where this came from:

http://vid204.photobucket.com/albums/bb215/ady00100/ady00100071/NgH71dE5hcZltArg_zpsdb9xe1tf.mp4

As for last night's Odekake, Emiri opens up the fact about being bullied because she's half-Filipino with the rest of the 3kis.

http://channel.pandora.tv/channel/video.ptv?ch_userid=ssangtaeng&prgid=53886700

And Sasshi's reaction to it:

http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2016/06/10/156/

As for my take on it, I kind of like it that they didn't delve much on the situation. I was more concerned about her talking about Hana-chan.

It's been already an open secret that most half Filipino Japanese would either hide their heritage or introduce themselves with some loaded BS, the most common of which is being Spanish-Filipino when in fact it is a highly contentious issue, just to hide another ugly truth. One can read below why Sayaka, also a captain of AKB48 and a half-Filipino acknowledged about:

http://majide2ch.blogspot.com/2013/10/ex-akb-sayaka-akimoto-releases-her.html

Many of the obvious facts that we all would not discuss about here is just part of a really big group of stereotypes about them, like growing up beautiful/handsome/cute, or being teased "gorillas," or growing up in troubled families, or being weak in the head.

The fact of the matter is, with the increase of half-Filipinos in the Japanese entertainment industry, and with their presence felt in the idol world especially in AKB48, and with things abuzz in the internet having that rumored "half-Filipino look" (like the Hirose Sisters or Yoshikawa Hinano) I can truly say that they're a force to reckon with.

And some photos for this month's collections:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Emiri's Episode of AKB Love Night Koi Koujou is in 2 weeks (June 29th).

15. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    ^^ So the thing I posted before wasn't a fluke then. Here's to hoping she shines in her episode!

16. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    SHOWROOM appearances of Emiri :D

SHOWROOM 山下エミリー(HKT48 チームTⅡ)2016年06月13日

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  17. onlooker

onlooker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Are Ems and Hana being paired together as a combi (aka couple just like wmatsui/mayuki/sayamilky/yuiparu... you know what I mean)? It seems like it.

18. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    ^^ They're pitted more like rivals than a combi in my opinion no thanks to Goto.

19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

20. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    ^^ Watched it in a jiffy and to be honest, the running time of her segment was too short to make an honest assessment but all I could say is, her subdued acting skills are fitting for the story she's assigned to but it would make it better if she'd make a believable reaction to the book she was reading, which was my only beef. Other than that, she registers very well in the screen and I'm expecting more acting roles (hopefully.)

Honestly, it would've been better if she was given a better situation.