1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamashita Emiri (Emily)

Discussion in 'Team KIV' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Nov 2, 2013.

1. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    So I went and watched the LOD of her debut.

The first thing I noticed was that she played the acoustic guitar during Tomo yo. Appropriate as her special skill is playing acoustic guitar after all.
    The next thing was her MC, imo the best out of all the 3rd gens I've seen untill now. Most of them were pretty stiff-ish, except Hazuki. But she was smooth and fluid, and I didn't understand a lot of it. Which is good because if I can, it very simple stuff. Like talking 10 sec. about fruit (Nako & Sae). :lol:

Now was her unit, Pegasus in Iichan's spot (red uniform). She left a tad weak impression on me with this. Her dancing was less powerful than that of the other 3, so she stuck out right from the start. Afterwards I expected the same trend in her solo singing part and I was not proven wrong. She didn't look all that nervous though so I think she just needs some more practice.

One last thing, Ui mentioned that she oshihen'd to Emiri after Emiri said she loved her and that she was her oshi. :awesome:

[​IMG]

Oh and nothing about the halfie stuff, or none that I've noticed.

2. Ryo

Ryo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kumazawaserina
    Twitter:
    Ryo634
    I watched her debut too.
    She is really cute and overall she did quite well but I have to say till now she is the 3rd gen that impressed me least...

ah during sougen no kiseki she really went down hard crying at the point she has almost to stop. I guess she was super nervous :(

3. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Yeah she did but it didn't seem like "bad" crying due to nerves or something, just being emotional after your debut, like with Hazuki. I mean, Sougen no Kiseki isn't a song you can totally bomb due to nerves. Slow singing and no real dance except wandering around the stage. :lol:
    She was totally sobbing though, but only for a bit of the song. The smile came back moments later.

I do agree about her not really leaving a big impression, however I think that's normal in this case. Some 3rd gen girls dance & sung great but had a very simple, short and nervous MC. Some have it the other way around, good and confident MC but dancing and singing that still needs some work, like Emily. Nothing wrong with either but I feel like the big part of leaving a big impression (on me at least) is attributed to the signing and dancing part of things.

Let's see how her 2nd perf. pans out, because it could be that she improves just thanks to it not being the first time. :lol: Like what happened with Erena and her MC.

Some caps:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Unos Hambalos

Unos Hambalos Kenkyuusei

I'm not sure if it's quite known already but
    Emily's mother is from the Philippines according to this interview:
    http://www.nishinippon.co.jp/nlp/hkt_news/article/57226

In the interview all 9 members of the third gen were asked what their reason was for entering HKT48.
    Here's the part with Emily.

-Yamashita-san, who between your parents came from overseas?
    Emily: "My mother came from the Philippines. Aiming to be an actress, I entered HKT."

-Who is your goal?
    Emily: Maeda Atsuko-san. I've liked her since she was in AKB48.

So she's half-Filipino like Taniguchi Airi.

5. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Oh! So it's confirmed now. Thanks a lot for posting it. [clap]

The rest of the interview seems like the classic stuff: "I like signing, standing on stage, happy songs and Oshima Yuko." :lol:

The group photo is nice though.
    [​IMG]

6. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Here are Emily's extra questions. An interesting animal choice. Out of all things why pick that? :lol:

Favorite food:
    Omurice.
    Because it gets a fluffy texture after simmering.
    I also like to write words on the omelet with ketchup before eating it.

Special skill:
    Playing the acoustic guitar. I'm now practising Sakura na Hanabiratachi.

If you compare yourself to an animal, which one would it be:
    A sloth.
    It's an animal that likes to laze around.

My recent trend:
    Cafe au lait, I drink it every morning before I go to school or lessons.

Senior I respect in the 48group:
    Maeda Atsuko, I really like the way she talks and smiles.

Something you would like to challenge in the future:
    I want try and go on a roller coaster.
    I've been scared of thrill rides since I was little and I want to overcome it.

Your techiques against the cold:
    Wearing lots of warm clothes without worrying about the 'fashion-value' of them.

Your wintertime memories:
    The first snow of the year.
    Last year I was not able to go outside and enjoy it because I was sick but this year I definitely want to.

EDIT: Right it seems like it was her birthday yesterday. :^^;:

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if whether they're going to do a birthday stage though.

7. Riicchi

Riicchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    I just watched her debut performance and I actually like her a lot.

Her performance felt like she wasn't giving it all she got. I felt like she could do better but maybe because of nerves or shyness she wasn't able to show all she got. I think she did better in the end of the performance so I'm pretty sure next time she'll be more confident. She was also quite quiet and I hope it was because of it was her debut. But her MC sounded great even if I don't understand Japanese almost at all. I'm looking forward to her next stage performance :)

Btw did she get a birthday stage?

8. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    Nope. As far as I know she only got the traditional birthday t-shirt which DeJure linked above. It's better this way, because fans would just be lukewarm at her seitansai now, since they barely know her. It's better to wait so she can have a proper seitansai on her next birthday. :)

9. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    Looks like I spoke too soon about her seitansai! It's just been scheduled to January 20th.

Schedule

10. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Yup, which is today! :awesome:
    Yuna is also scheduled, probably to take along some 3rd gen anecdotes. Not mentioning her great MC bits which I'm looking forward to.

Now about Emily herself, one thing I've been noticing is that she's having a growth spurt or something.
    At first she didn't look that tall, like on that screencap with Maichan. And according to the wiki, she's 159cm tall, 5 cm less than Sae.

Now during the tour I was looking at the photo's on Ozaki's G+ and could help but see that she had grown a lot, she seemed to be tall as Sae suddenly:

[​IMG]

I was already amazed then but now I've found another one:

[​IMG]

She's even taller than her on this lol. I don't know but I'll be looking out for this at the perf. :^^;:

11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    That concert photo she looks to be taller. If you just draw a straight line than yeah they look the same height. But Sae is closer to the camera than Emily. Making Sae look a little bigger. If you adjust for the perspective, than Emily is clearly taller in the pic. Could be the shoes, or insoles, or a growth spurt. If a growth spurt, her joints must be aching pretty bad, especially at night. That is a lot of cm to put on in so short time. I know from experience, that could hurt like HELL. :yikes:

12. Riicchi

Riicchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    I'm looking forward to today's theater performance ^^ Hopefully I have time to watch it today. Yeah I actually should do school stuff.. :d And I'm happy that Yuna is with her :)

So she have grown more than 5 cm in such a short time? :blink: Wow she is almost taller than I am :lol: I hope she doesn't have bad growing pains because I had and sometimes I couldn't sleep because of it :/

13. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48
    Rikopi uploaded a video with Emily and the noisy rest [hehe]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNaWIabSzjE[/yt]

Although she's still fairly new she seems to be pretty comfortable with all the assailing members. ^^

14. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    From the livetweets I heard that she did a few imitations, including one of Mio :lol:
    And you're right about the assailing, Naopon was perving out over her thighs on stage.

I think it was a bit shorter than normal though but that was to be expected.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now to watch the LOD..

15. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48
    Oh yeah Naopon came over to her during 'Sougen no Kiseki' just a short try before Rikopi stopped her :D
    Although she appears to be comfortable around the other girls I think Tani shouldn't be so overly well guigui, trying to kiss Emily and doing her usual reactions during MC portions. Like Yuna seemed to be kinda irritated by that. ^^

Also it's weird for me to see 13y old Yuutan patting 15y old Emily's head. :^^;:

For some reason Emily seems to the the most comfortable around Mio.

I uploaded Emily's unit performance to Vimeo.

HKT48 140120 RS Kimi wa Pegasus (Rikopi, Maichan, Emily, Raira)
    [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/84638184[/vimeo]

16. Ryo

Oshimen:
    kumazawaserina
    Twitter:
    Ryo634
    In order to know better our 3rd Gen I've uploaded the Monomane Skit that Emili did in her seitansai celebration!
    I guess her impersonation skills could be better but it is for sure very very cute :cute:

Keep your eyes open for "Tomonaga Mio desu" :awesome: :awesome:
    [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/84656459[/vimeo]

17. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
    ^ The Mio one was great. I lol'd hard.
    Mio is someone who kids can make fun of, she won't fight back. :hehe:

Thanks for the upload.

18. Riicchi

Riicchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    I just finished watching the theater performance ^^

I think she now did better job than last time as expected :) I'm really looking forward to see her on stage again. And I agree, her Mio imitation was suprisingly great :lol:

19. fruitsrouges

fruitsrouges Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komadahiroka
    Twitter:
    4M_fruitsrouges
    Yeah she was surprisingly comfortable being on stage, and comfortable with the members ^.^
    She didn't seem nervous at all imo

And yeah Naopon was just freely touching Emily's thighs (just like Jurina in Kataomoi Finally lol creepy), also Raira protected her from being assailed by Marika...

And that Mio imitation was hilarious :lol: I loved everyone's reaction (replayed it multiple times :XD: )

Her first performance didn't really catch my attention but after watching her seitansai she went up in my 3rd gen ranking ^^

20. Ryo

Oshimen:
    kumazawaserina
    Twitter:
    Ryo634
    In one of this week Nounai Paradise Emili gives us another impersonation of an HKT member..

This time her victim was the Draftee Mao :D
    [​IMG]

She is really good overall, my personal number 2 in the 3rd gen ranking :)