Yamashita Emiri (Emily)

Discussion in 'Team KIV' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Nov 2, 2013.

1. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    So I watched the most recent Pajama Drive and I was very, very surprised to see what I saw. I went into the performance for the HKT Kohaku as a main poit but really Emily (and Yuna) were the main things I retained from it.

I remember seeing her back on her debut, first as a backdancer and then in a full performance and how I, along with many others found her to be the least impressive 3rd gen at the time.

Now fast-forward to today and I must say that she has more than made up her bad first impression. It started with her birthday and that Mio impression when I felt like she was getting a bit better. But today she was on top of the 3rd gen MC.

She chimed in on other's MC's, something what not a lot of members do, and she handled those good and with humour. She looked lively, confident and visibly having fun, which was also very lacking at the start and even still on her birthday. With that take a look at it yourself.

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/87999186[/vimeo]

Pretty great evolution if you ask me. Additionally, look at her interaction with Yuna.
    Yuna was great at her debut, showing that she had potential for MC/Variety but after that point on she seemed in a slump. Now it seems that Emily coming out of her shell and being like this is pulling her up again to the level she started at.

I haven't seen any other recent performances with the both of them but the gif above (which is quite accurate lol) gives me the same feeling/connection between both of them. It may be a bit early to call this but I can see the potential not only for Emily in MC/Funny talk but also for a 3rd gen combi with Yuna.

[​IMG]

That said can you tell me from which date the gif came from so I can investige further? :awesome:

2. Ryo

Ryo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kumazawaserina
    Twitter:
    Ryo634
    After watching that LOD i was planning to upload that part too, it is very good!

Emily is quite a revelation, her debut was plain and probably the least impressive one but after that she switch gear and she had improve a little every time she had the chance to perform (sadly too few)
    I cant wait to see more of her!

@Dejure the gif is from 140220 NP :)

3. fruitsrouges

fruitsrouges Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komadahiroka
    Twitter:
    4M_fruitsrouges
    I just watched that LOD, from the start of the MC Emily and Tiffany (Yuna) were talking so much lol, like doing some comments when the others were talking and such ^.^
    I love these two :3
    And Sae had like a "wtf just happened" kinda face XD

4. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    I went to the 3/15 Handshake in Makuhari Messe and went to Emily. I asked her if she could talk Tagalog (Language in the Philippines) and sadly she doesn't know how to. She also said last time she went to the Philippines was when she was still a kid. I guess it's the same case with Sayaka :D

5. Unos

Unos Kenkyuusei

^That's somewhat sad. Thanks for asking asking and sharing.
    Would've have been nice if she could speak English at least.

But now I wonder if this rumored G+ account which has
    her location set as the Philippines is actually hers.
    https://plus.google.com/104306726795591028495/posts

6. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    @wahoho: Thanks for the information! Too bad she can't speak it. She could have used it to get people's attention and distinguish herself from the others, like Murashige does with the Russian language.

7. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Emily's G+ is up, she posted twice. Translation:

[山下エミリー] Yamashita Emily G+ – 14.04.14

Seems like she's not that good with technology, or so she says lol
    It also looks like she sat there for 1.5hrs looking at the comments and replying to every member.

EDIT: Her first photo! Fresh from the morning post.
    15 - 1 (1).jpg

I'll translate it tomorrow but I can already say that she mistakingly striked-through half of her post lol

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  8. Riicchi

Riicchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    Finally she got her G+ account! :banana:

And thank you @DeJure for translating her posts so quickly ^^ Are you going to translate her posts in th future also or only sometimes?

9. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Only from time to time, although her posts are pretty interesting, making the chance higher that I do one of her's.

Here's another one. This made me realise she is in the same boat with me lol

[山下エミリー] Yamashita Emily G+ – 18.04.14

She also uses a lot of hashtags, this one had #Monochrome Thursday and #STYLE (in English) lol

10. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    just passing by to say she is really pretty in real life. And tall. She did a good performance during KKS songs.

11. hkt48

hkt48 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    AnnaMurashige

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. Unos

Unos Kenkyuusei

She likes Sinigang :>

13. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    ^^ OMG She's so adorable. I hope she could stand out of the rest :D

14. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    [​IMG]

She's cute!

15. Shaachan

Shaachan Kenkyuusei

Uhh on her sousenkyo campaign video she mentioned 'Sinigang' a Filipino dish, which is Pork Stew. And recently, us Filipino wotas heard about her [hehe] and yeah She's a Filipino Halfie:) like Akimoto Sayaka-san and i think she could speak english very well just like Sayaka too :banana:

16. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    So I was making some random searches about her in google.co.jp and found this tie-up between HKT48 and SHARP

Someone online made a video that this is her...

(Gosh I hope they get this even amount of exposure because it felt like most girls' potentials are not given...)

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48
    Yesterday Emily performed Romance kakurenbo for the first time as KIV opening. :chuffed:

With that all 3rd gen KKS except Tsuttsun have performed it.

18. Riicchi

Riicchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    Finally! I've been waiting for her version of Kakurenbo! Haven't been on computer in two weeks so I'm bit late but oh well :^^;:

19. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48
    ^
    Your timing is perfect since she had her himawarigumi stage shonichi yesterday and you can now watch her unit as well :awesome:

20. Riicchi

Riicchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    Wow what a great timing! :D I just had some problems with my computer but I'm going to watch it now! ^^