1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamashita Mizuki (Zukkii) / 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, Oct 12, 2016.

1. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Thank you @eternalord
    Surely I will give +10 if I know how to use that damn Tapatalk. :wall:

2. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    @eternalord thanks for the translation. A very interesting read.

Good to know that Yamashita isn't too discouraged about missing out on senbatsu. I disagree with her that she isn' ready for it. I think the top tier of 3rd Gen would handle it all the same. It's just how management made the choices.

Yamashita's last few blog posts were making me worried. I thought she was getting bad thoughts. She even says in this interview that she seems to be the person to always end up second. I'd like to doubt that. Kubo does too.

It seemed like her cohorts were passing her by. Momoko received an upgrade to center senbatsu. Yoda, too. Kubo and the Seventeen modeling seemed to surprise Yamashita as well. They were all growing and she wasn't.

She said she would give 120% as an idol. That she will do as much to make everyone notice. She wanted to be 'kira kira' and shine. I would like it too. But yet her doubts in her head seem to hold her back.

I wish her fans would tell her that she's still #1 in their hearts. Perhaps joining Yumi-chan's Gundan will give her the confidence to realize that she's just as good as the others.

3. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I think it is still a bit too early to say whether she's growing or not. That being said, the way things are going does surprise me. Momoko is a foregone case, IIRC she's management's ace from the start. But I thought Yamashita would either get a modelling exclusive earlier than, or at least around the time of, the lovely Kubo-chan for example. I hope she doesn't get discouraged too soon, and I hope management also sees her true potential.

On a different note, Himetan's graduation somewhat cast a dark shadow to this story (at least for me). If Yamashita's potential continued untapped, she might end up deciding to graduate before she had the chance to truly shine.

4. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

there's always this one girl, well few of them actually. fans expect big things. they see potential if used properly will shine easily. they keep waiting and waiting and when you thought that time has come, it's all gone in an instant. for most it never came. this 3rd gen are very competitive and it's not limited to 'top tier'. in no time that top tier would consist of 8-9 girls already. we just have to wait how things goes in coming singles. it's not like Momo, Yoda and Kubo are runaway winners already, not yet at least.

5. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    I won't worry about graduation. If anything, the senbatsu announcement last time only lit up a dormant fire inside both Mizuki and Kubochan.
    Only one thing they have in their mind now: doing their best. They are more determined than ever.
    Of course there are times they doubt themselves, it can't be helped. But that's just humane.

Seeing this development, I am thankful they aren't in senbatsu this time around. The silver lining is the bond is growing stronger between these two, they see each other as companion with the same goal, yet at the same time they are racing. Something that I doubt they would get if they are pampered with a position in senbatsu for now.

This might sound too optimistic of me, but if they keep that feeling going and act accordingly, before they know it they will leave everyone else behind.

6. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    The moon that can enlightening the world. <3
    IMG_20170827_120807.jpg IMG_20170827_120811.jpg IMG_20170827_120836.jpg IMG_20170827_120850.jpg IMG_20170827_120846.jpg
    From BRODY October
    Credit to La_mela

• Like Like x 1
  7. lunarpet

lunarpet Kenkyuusei

Hello, this is my first post here. I think there's a thread for newbies but to keep things short, I'm just a casual idol fan who liked AKB during Acchan era, fell out of the loop with 48 family but started listening again last year. Discovered Nogizaka and fell in love again, the girl who caught my attention was Hashimoto Nanami but she graduated. Watching Nogizaka I like all the girls so I assumed I would stay MD but sankisei came in like a fresh breath of air (or wind I should say? [hehe]) and I found myself being glued to Zukki. There's no other place to discuss Nogizaka so here I am.

Warning: Self-indulgent post.

First of all, thank you for all the translations everyone shared. I would also like to share one posted at the beginning of the year, although the interview seems to have been done much earlier. Do note that it was translated from Japanese to Chinese... and I have no fluency in neither but here are things I noted. Feel free to correct.
    [​IMG]
    • Nogi oshimen is Nanase, just like what she said when they were first introduced. Said she admires Nishino's gentle nature but also her strong heart. A perfect example of an idol. Interesting because I've heard her being compared to Maiyan more.
    • Before talking about Acchan's graduation on the 3rd gen blog, she also mentioned it here. Must have been an amazing experience for Zukki.
    • Charm point are her dimples. Magazine described her as having "beautiful large eyes" and "slender legs". Said she was a model candidate.
    • Athleticism is poor, was last when it came to running in middle school. However, she did attend dancing classes.
    • On her audition she sang 'Sailor Suit and Machine Gun'. It's from an old movie with the same title, the kind her father liked. Don't bother with the new one starring Hashimoto Kanna btw.
    • Finally, she had no goals for the future back when she was an ordinary highschool girl. Hearing schoolmates say "I'm gonna be a nurse" or "I'll pursue a law degree!" shocked her. That's when the audition for 3rd gen was announced.

Since everyone's talking about Zukki being left behind and worrying about her assessment that she's the type to be designated second place, I think she's not yet at the point where she wants to throw in the towel. As you know the 3rdgen in general have been given more opportunities than 2ndgen and even some 1stgen. It might seem unfair but it is what it is. I'm sure Zukki is thankful of all the work she's getting.

Reading translations of Zukki's blog and interviews, I have the impression of her as a majime type of person, the kind who is critical of herself. You can see it in the last episode of NogiBingo 8. And as she said, she's average on everything -- and she's correct on all counts. She's well-rounded, but there's nothing she excels at so far and Kubochan can even challenge her as the jack-of-all-trades in the group. What she needs is to find a character, something to help her stand out. Like you guys pointed out, Waka Gundan might help with that. The problem is she's conscious of her strengths and weakness and while that usually is a good thing, for someone who seems so self-aware as Zukki, it might lead her to thinking too much instead of naturally having fun and letting her true self shine. Pre-2014 Mayuyu comes to mind. Someone who behaves like the perfect idol, a bit calculating, doesn't show a lot of emotions because of professionalism. Mayuyu owned her character but Zukki... she still has the mask of a typical idol. Going forward like this, she won't catch attention and would lose the hype around her. I hope before that happens, management gives her some project where she can show more of herself off and give fans the chance to see what she brings to the table.

Anyway, thank you galangsatria for the new Zukki photos from BRODY. I believe Zukki mentioned the title for her interview in this one is "Even if I Cannot Become Cinderella". I would be thankful to anyone who can get their hands on the interview and provide translations for us.

I apologize if this got a little too long. I'll definitely be posting here whenever there's Zukki news but I might pop around Nogi threads too. :):):)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Whoa! What a gorgeous girl. The Yang of the Kuboshita combo. She looks so different here, much more mature. Lovely.

9. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Woah, great write-up @lunarpet , also thanks for the translation. And welcome to the fandom!
    From variety shows, especially Nogibingo 8, I've learned many things about Mizuki and the other 3rd gens. They all have unique character. They can be the next big thing in the future, because they are Mirae no Kotae.
    I wonder what kind of surprises that we'll get from Mizuki or another 3rd gen after Yoda, Momo, and Kubo who have been getting a surprise first.

10. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
  11. lunarpet

lunarpet Kenkyuusei

Thank you for the warm greetings everyone.

@galangsatria, I too am excited to see what sankisei will bring to Nogizaka. Yoda getting a PB and most of sankisei selling out their slots are positive indicators that they are already accepted by fans. Personally, aside from the Big 4, I think Renka could become a deadly force for Nogi come 2 or 3 years.

Zukki's appearance in the latest Nogichuu

Not bad for someone with no experience in acting, right? [hehe]

Edit: Looks like there are forum rules about posting pictures and I didn't get to read them. I apologize. The pictures in question were from this tweet.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  12. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
  13. lunarpet

lunarpet Kenkyuusei

The pictures from Zukki's latest shoot with Entame

And a funny and embarrasing thing happened tonigh in Minamin's SR. :shock: Zukki was a guest and to see the comments she kept leaning forward. Without noticing it, she was exposing her cleavage. :oops::oops::oops: Kid, be careful!! Although you did make the watchers happy. :^^;:

[​IMG]

14. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Freaking gorgeous! The moon is a proof that there is always a light in the darkness of the night. :inlove:

Lmao the viewers noticed it so fast. And her reaction is so cute.

15. weeabookstore

weeabookstore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Twitter:
    weeabookstore
  16. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
  17. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Kuboshita to be the cover girls of EX Taishu (October issue)
    IMG_20170913_173913.jpg
    <3 <3

18. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Kuboshita on EX Taishu
    IMG_20170915_073943.jpg IMG_20170915_074520.jpgIMG_20170915_074718.jpg IMG_20170915_074900.jpg

Maybe someday they can be something like NanaMai, AcchanYuko, or WMatsui. I think management are directing them to take a crown from NanaMai after they both graduate.

=====

Mizuki latest blog post
    IMG_20170918_205344.jpg IMG_20170918_213803.jpg IMG_20170918_213815.jpg

Manatsu-senpai teach Zukki how to fishing some fans
    IMG_20170918_214018.jpg
    And the results is
    IMG_20170918_205349.jpg
    :inlove::inlove::inlove:
    http://blog.nogizaka46.com/third/smph/2017/09/040757.php

19. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    That's what I want to see, really, amen to that.

20. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    Has zukki getting any major deals yet from acting,modelling or guesting in tv shows? So far, i only knew that she is the 1st to get solo cover but then after kubo got exclusive contract with seventeen..that solo cover seems nothing. Even momoyoda is getting ahead from zukki as they were kept getting paired with maiyan and nanase in magazine covers.