1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yogi Keira (Keira) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

I live right here in California but I wish she'd continue her career with NMB :(. Hollywood actress? Psh. Nothing great about that.

2. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

It's an extremely remote chance, tbh. Only a handful of Japanese have ever reached that far.

3. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    And you'd rather her stay in NMB when she would just be thinking about "what could have been"?

If she wants to chase her dreams, she should. She should work the very hardest she can to go where she wants to go. If she fails, at least she tried. She's been in the group almost since it started and is still an on again, off again senbatsu member. She knows that she doesn't have a grand future in NMB. If there's something else she wants to do, then by all means, she should do it.

Yes, her making it in Hollywood would be very, very difficult. I'm sure she knows that. Even Asian-Americans have a hard time making it in Hollywood, sadly, let alone people from Japan. It's not entirely impossible, though--Kikuchi Rinko proved that. If she can't make it in Hollywood, there's nothing wrong with making it in Japan, which I'm sure she could do if she puts her mind to it.

4. deimos9

deimos9 Kenkyuusei

Yeah a lil part of me just died :cry:

She was half of my NMB oshi duo, so I'll hope for the best to see that charisma again later on.

5. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    Ah, that's sad. She's the girl who made me interested in -maybe- start following NMB. :fp::cry:

6. thrillho

thrillho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    waking up this morning to the news of Keira's graduation and Japan's loss :cry:
    I hope she will always be successful with all her dreams <3

7. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

Damn, stupid high school entrance exams. Going to be sad to see her go.

8. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Airi posted a really nice blog about Keira talking about how Keira wanted to quit LAST YEAR during the summer dome tour because she was so homesick and how happy Airi was when Keira decided to not go through with it. Keira apparently decided to finally hang it up a few months ago and Airi said she couldn't do anything about it since she felt Keira's mind was already made up.

I think its important to take a step back and realize that these are REALLY YOUNG girls and alot of them aren't really that well adjusted. Being away from her family for long stretches of time must have been really hard for Keira and I applaud her for 1) putting up with it so long; and 2) gathering the courage to say when its gotten too much.

9. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Keila also wrote a blog saying she cried when she read Airi's blog.
    She also named Airi as the only reason she decided not to quit last year.

So sad.

10. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Jo also wrote a nice blog about Keira. I'm really sad Keira will be gone in a week :(

11. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    Aaaw now I feel sorry for not being more active on this thread before... She was one of my faves in NMB, and, actually, she was the first girl that I noticed in NMB (I liked her even before I started liking Sayanee and Shibuya Nagisa).
    I feel sad for her to be graduating, and even though there's a really slight chance, it's good that she's actually leaving NMB with a purpose in life - to become a Hollywood actress.

I wish her all the luck :)

12. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

i feel bad because I think Keila was one of those half pushed girls that had a real chance at taking the reins for NMB in a few years. so young, so talented, and so pretty! if she wants to make it big in Hollywood, then I wish her the best of luck! wouldn't that be hilarious if one of us saw her waiting tables in LA one day while she tries to make it big? I can only imagine how that conversation would go :^^;:

13. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    ^Well it's not that just wishing to go to Hollywood takes you anywhere. If she must begin waiting tables while working to achieve her dream what's the problem?

14. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

So sad. I really wish her the best of luck in her dreams of becoming a Hollywood actress. She's still so young, so time is on her side: study English, take acting classes, travel, etc. to help realize her dream. It's going to be an uphill battle, as even us Asian Americans struggle to get decent roles in TV and film, let alone Asians from Asia (unless you're a Jackie, Jet, etc.). I hope she considers starting locally in Japan and work her way up there. Joint US-Asian productions are becoming common these days, so her mixed heritage might her get cast in some movie which could get her some exposure. I really wish her the best of luck. If Rinko Kikuchi and Ken Watanabe were able to do it, another Japanese actor in a Hollywood movie isn't such a farfetched thing. Good luck, Keila!

15. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    There's nothing wrong with waiting tables. Its just the stereotypical job for someone who is looking to become a hollywood actor/actress. The joke that is often portrayed on TV and such is that all the young, good-looking waiters/waitresses in Los Angeles are struggling actors/actresses or writers waiting for their big break.

16. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Aw, sad news. Girl is completely delusional if she thinks she's going to become a famous hollywood actress.

Sorry, but "following you dreams" is overrated when your dream has zero realistic chance of coming true. Even if she learns English, she will almost certainly always have an accent which would make her only suitable to play a Japanese character, but she won't be cast is "Japanese" rolls in American films because looks-wise, she clearly is not full Asian and there will be a slew of other actresses whose looks fit the part better. And parts for Asians are extremely limited as is.

17. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    ^Wow that's so harsh lol yeah it is a really big dream (a Hollywood actress) but this means that part of her dream is to become an actress, so I think she will be okay if she ever gets to be one, and that's not a big dream :)

Hollywood is just a plus xD

18. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    There's no sense in dreaming if you don't go big. I'm sure she knows how hard it is and the odds are really low but she's 14. There's nothing wrong with having a dream no matter how unlikely.

19. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Hollywood's a big place and there's a lot of acting jobs to go around, it's not all blockbuster movies...

20. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    Just as long as she stays away from any acting jobs originating in the SFV