1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yokono Sumire (Suuchan) / 6th Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by hermionepj1, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Riripon had no intention of leaving NMB, she wanted to stay, it just became clear that doing so was untenable. She stayed on doing work for another year or so until the jobs ran out.

What are they going to learn about her, that she dates Johnny's idols? That's not going to gain her many fans. Female Johnny's fans will hate her and her male fans won't be impressed by this.

Lets be real, Suuchan hasn't got many skills as an idol, her main feature is her hot body.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Who cares who she is with or not? This is just more sexist bs, because we all know literally nothing will happen to the guy. The women (adult women btw) catch all the flack.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    LOL, and when you think about it, it actually fits their image

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    hmm, papakatsu service is in nmb too huh, makes me wonder how big of a cut staffs are getting from this

edit: saw on twitter that koreaboo made an article about suuchan's scandal lmao

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  5. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    I've been an idol fan for nearly 20 years, don't be condescending with me. Now that there are married idols/pregnant idols/older idols the "no dating" rule is looking mighty old fashioned. No one is cancelling Predia for looking for married members, or Dempagumi for having a pregnant member. Idol culture is changing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Nobody gives a shit what granny idols do, idols in their prime however are a different matter.

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  7. trippy

trippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuzuha Huge-O
    well, its 2021. the traditional kind of idol is kind of stale isnit? gotta do something different and crazy for people to take notice.

yeah there changing the traditional idol formula to stand out from the rest of them. not because they woke morally and whatnot

im not really following any particular idol nowadays, though one positive personal note of this scandal is, now i know that she used to be on another idol brand and with a very different and interesting face (to put it politely) than now

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Another drama involving 48 member.
    Today, many Vietnamese fans showed their distaste for her on their Facebook and said they want her to go.

jns.jpg
    Translation: If you want to date, don't be an idol. If you are an idol, please be a decent one. (Attributed to Jonishi Kei, I don't know the source)

Honestly I think she should graduate and have a post-idol career, such as modeling (from her photobook, I'm sure she is overqualified for it) if she want to do that freely without fan backlash.
    In any case, C'est la vie!

lavie-6l.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    i can't say i knew her well before this except that she was a rising nmb new gen, but i feel really bad. hopefully she manages to stay in nmb and doesn't end up graduating, but with how these scandals usually play out i'm not getting my hopes up. if she ends up graduating though i do hope she can keep her career in the industry and fully go into gravure or something, but idk. i think what bothers me the most is that shes like 20 and one of the dudes is almost 40 which is really gross, but we all know he'll be facing little to no consequences as a result, so oh well. but yeah, wishing suuchan the best since this is definitely an awful situation

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

A situation she is 100% responsible for. There's no way she could have been unaware of what would happen if she got caught.

12. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    this is absolutely a result of her own actions, but it's also important acknowledging how the men in this situation as well are also responsible and knew exactly what they were risking when getting into relationships with an active female idol. there's multiple instances of johnny's idols being reported in scandals with akb members, and while they may face consequences as a result, more often than not the akb members will face the brunt of the impact, be it either losing fans or even their career as a whole and end up graduating. suuchan definitely is responsible but the johnny's idols also reported here knew they were risking her entire idol career by hooking up with her, and it's disappointing and also very telling how this doesn't seem to be acknowledged most of the time with these scandals.

and i know simply acknowledging the men's role in this won't do anything to help her career after a scandal like this, but i feel like putting all of the blame on suuchan for this is disingenuous when she wasn't the only one here who knew what the consequences of this would be - especially when the men in this are active idols from an agency that has plenty of prior history with 48g and dating scandals. though on that line of thought, it's likely that they knew the consequences and disregarded them since based on that history they knew they wouldn't be impacted much (or at least not as much as suuchan would be), but well that's a different discussion i guess lmao

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    ^may be right, BUT if you you choose this way, it's your job, then you have to know the rules. Staying...>>following the rules. And if half of the action is true, this might be done with her own intention.
    She broke the rule, now she must consider the consequences.
    (I am a fan of her, but its business. like the case with H!P Juice=Juice Sayuki)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Oh hey look I don't particularly disagree with you. Part of the "comparison" joke I made a few posts ago was because I was not only disappointed with Suuchan breaking the rules but also her bad taste in men. Johnny's idols are d-bags and are known for chasing after female idols and wrecking careers.

But it's up to the fans of the male idols to mete out any comeuppance and maybe they will and maybe they won't, the younger one may face more consequence because of not having as big a fanbase. The sheer idea of a male idol in his (almost) forties is both cringe and creepy, maybe Suuchan was a fan or starstruck or something but geez she should know better.

at the end of the day though neither side can absolve their sense of personal responsibility however as a 48 group fan my concentration is on the female idols.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I have a hunch it wasn't the dating that was the bane of him, but mainly the synthetic drug use
    (but my memory might be failing me)
    Although dating much younger girls did kill the career of Yamaguchi Tatsuya (in an AKB context know for allegedly 'stalking' Miichan while she was still in her teens)

16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    SKE48's Sally can today be added to the list (I've just posted in her thread about her being Bunshun'd today with a Johnny's member, Tomioka Kento).

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

things become stereotypes for a reason :lol:

as regards Sally, on the one had she is a granny....but on the other she's a mega-fisher so this will hurt her fandom.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    There is an old saying that some 48G's girls join the group in order to have a chance of dating with a Johnny's boy.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    She hasn't said a thing on mobame since 3/22.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

She'll be back in the news one way or another because she's due to be on the cover of FLASH due to be released 13 April. This was her reward for being joint winner of the Gravure Nambattle with Rei-chan.
    Interesting to see if NMB will let it go ahead.