1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

You know you are an AKB48 wota when...

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by xeilmach, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Re: You know you are a AKB48 wota when...

For my babies-first-computer level "introduction to IT" class we had to make a website about a certain topic. I have to admit, I did it on Akihabara, and mentioned the Don Quixote building and AKB48 :XD: I had to resist the temptation to go into even more detail... (still got 100%)

2. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15

when you do a spanish show and tell final and talk about AKB48 for the final...in spanish

3. IndigoSkies

IndigoSkies Kenkyuusei

Yup :D I remembered how to write the kanji for Akihabara, theater, performance XDDD Thank you AKB for teaching me all of this <3

4. 1st Wing Commander

1st Wing Commander Kenkyuusei

"cyberstalker~ jks."

bokchoy- lol... Well, maybe? ;) Nice blog btw!

You know your a AKB wota if:

You know your favorite member's dance steps for every song. [rock]

You take it personal whenever some criticizes your favorite member. [boom]

You remember every hair style your favorite member has had for the last 3 years. (*For my buddies in the Maeda Atsuko Member Thread. ;)

You have 5 windows open on your pc and 4 of them are currently on an AKB48 website. [rofl]

5. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

When your friends keep saying "UGGGGGGH Why does EVERYTHING that happens have to lead back to AKB48???!!!!"

6. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

When you can pick out your favourite member out of 40+ girls.

7. rafaelaboy80

rafaelaboy80 Kenkyuusei

When you replay one song over and over trying to figure out the 3rd part to the wota chant

8. 1st Wing Commander

1st Wing Commander Kenkyuusei

You hear about other idol groups with over 48 members and you think to yourself, "That's too many girls..." [notme]

You know all the names of the pets your favorite member has. [think]

You're going to AX and cosplay as an AKB48 member. [rofl]

9. writerserenyty

writerserenyty Kenkyuusei

-when you find out you can set actual mp3s as ringtones on your new phone (my old one was shit and I didn't have a cable for it) the first song you put on there is AKB48 related
    (Seishun no Flag by Watarirouka Hashiritai, btw)

10. Shoudou

Shoudou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kotaniriho

Today's World Cup SPAIN vs GERMANY referee is:

[HUNGARY] Viktor Kassai

no more comments xDDDDD

11. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

...you feel frustrated because you don't have enough time to 'live' AKB
    ...your mother tells you one time and another 'you will end up marrying a japanese woman' :inlove:
    ...you arrive at the gym to train a little, begin talking about some minor AKB topic with a friend...and the next
    time you breathe it's time to go home
    ...attending an AKB show is the most thrilling experience of your life [party]
    ...your favorite sport team has been defeated (something that usually makes you become absolutely depressed)
    but you have only to listen to a couple of AKB songs and watch one PV to go to bed with a smile on your face
    ...you wish you had been born ten years before...but then you remember that ten years before AKB didn't exist [notme]
    ...this list could get larger and larger too easily

12. MecchaMelon

MecchaMelon Kenkyuusei

... :fear:

...when the first thing you talk to your significant other about when they get home from work is AKB48.
    ...when you and your significant other are sitting in silence on your respective computers, both writing posts in stage48 threads.
    ...when you have to make serious reconsiderations to how things are organized in your apartment so you can properly display AKB photos, photobooks, autographs, etc.

KoopaCandy and I are hopeless, I think. XD;;

13. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

^That's SO cute. Jealousy.

14. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

^ I know right. ;O; I want that in my life. Pronto.

15. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Me too. My family doesn't even know AKB's existence, so it's sorta lonely not having anyone to talk about them with. :cry:

16. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

I tell all my friends & family about AKB even though they could care less. Everyone jokes because I always start my AKB rambles with "I know you don't care but..." & then go on. XD

17. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

My friends do the same thing, but i still convinced them to do the akb ranker, Unanimously everyone of them had Sae at top 1 or 2.

18. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Hehe. XD No one I know knows about any of the artists I listen to. They know I listen to Japanese music, but that's basically it. Well, my sister has "Every Heart" by BoA in English on her iPod, but that's it. I suppose I haven't told anyone about the stuff I like is because I don't want to. =/ I dunno, it just seems like whenever I express interest in something, they have to know every little thing about it. I guess because I'm so secretive and quiet, that they get curious. :lol: Plus I don't think they'd understand AKB at all. I mean, some of their songs can be a bit controversial, plus I think it'd be hard for them to accept girls under 18 singing stuff like that, plus releasing photobooks with bikinis, which you don't normally see in the United States. I mean, Miley Cyrus posed semi-topless (just her bare back) in Vanity Fair and the public went crazy, but Atsuko's the same age and has done it several times in her photobooks and no one bats an eyelash. So I think it'd be hard for them to accept. I'm just afraid that they'd think differently of me or something. =(

Actually, now that I think about it, I stopped expressing my interests to my family members when, several years ago, some lady accused me of showing off when I expressed interest in Harry Potter by talking about it all of the time.

Well, I got sorta off-topic there. I'm glad I got that off my chest, though. :lol:

I guess to add to the thread: (Though it ain't much)

... When you dream about upcoming stages. I've done it for K5 and A6 so far. I think I get a bit excited. :hehe:

Oh, I thought of another one. Lately, whenever I see the number '48', I get all giggly and excited. XD I didn't normally used to do that. It's a recent thing. :lol:

19. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

Well, how about having a family who knows about them and constantly teases about getting a "real" girlfriend?

Kinda OOT but....

When you imagining yourself becoming one of the staff. Best job to see the girls everyday and get paid out of it.

20. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

^
    ^See Naomi, I use the controversial aspect as a selling point. But I think that's a bit easier for a gay guy to use to his advantage.

You know you are a AKB48 fan when you 'advertise' AKB to your friends using...
    -Himawari-Gumi's Lay Down performances. And go back and forth between the Miichan/Kasai and Natsuki/Rina (favorites!) pairings.
    - Any videos showing SDN48.
    - Rina's AV preview.
    - Videos of strip-changes between songs.

And my most recent:

You know you are a SDN48 fan when you memorize Mami's choreography in Yuuwaku no Garter... using a swivel computer chair.