Your AKB48 Experiences

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by cRaZY MiKi, Jun 6, 2007.

1. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

Indeed, I saw them twice this weekend. Once from up close, and once from afar (I didn't feel like getting up so early again). I made eye contact with Sayaka quite a few times. She seemed a bit surprised at a foreigner in the audience (I guess they've had a few lately, haha). I couldn't really see Rina so much, damn tall person in front of me. The girls are so gorgeous in real life. Rina is like a doll.

I've seen three Team B shows so far, gonna try for the last one again tomorrow too. I was spotted by Shiho at pretty much every show. She has an intense, slightly brain killing glare. Haha. Difficult to think when she's looking at you... Team B are officially kicking my ass. I love every single one of those girls, they are amazing.

I'd type more, but not much time. Support Team B!!!

2. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Tara,

Last Team B show? Their schedule has them performing into next month as well. And I know what you mean about them being surprised seeing a foreigner. I was in the first group let in to the theater twice, once for Team A, once for Team K, and their reactions on seeing me are great.

I'm going again tomorrow, too, so if you see another foreigner, that's me!

3. cRaZY MiKi

cRaZY MiKi Kenkyuusei

^
    Shiho's really cute isn't she =D
    ...and Aika's really cute too =X

4. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

Last Team B show that I can see, as I'm heading back home in a few days :p

5. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    At the end of 転がる石になれ I thought my throat was bleeding from yelling. There's so much energy in that song I just want to cry. Today was a great show. I forgot who it was, but did you see the girl almost fall in the 2nd or 3rd song?

6. cRaZY MiKi

cRaZY MiKi Kenkyuusei

Hey!!!
    We want reviews!!!
    Please...

7. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Ok ok ok :D

Well, I got ticket 22, but my group was the 2nd to last let in. 0wn3d. I've gotten in on the waiting list, and that was a little difficult, but compared to that, the view was perfect.

I got against the "standing" railing in dead center, so I had a better view than the people sitting in front of me. There are a bunch of heads in your way in the last few rows of seats, but standing behind them, you distance yourself, what...4 more feet?...but you are never craning your neck around the people in front of you. The more I go to these shows, the less I think the "Lottery" matters. Having 240 or so people ahead of me enter the theater and still have a perfectly clear view of all girls on stage is fine with me. It sure doesn't beat getting let in first, but it wasn't the end of the world. In fact it was way better than I thought.

By now I've gotten over the fact of being "too cool" to do the cheers, and now I just go completely nuts in there. I'm yelling and screaming the entire time, and a lot of people are surprised that a foreigner knows the cheers, calls, and movements. I've befriended a few of them, and heard some very interesting stories.

I could get into it more, but to summarize it very quickly, I'll say I've made friends with a guy who has gone over 275 times.

Anyway, back to the show. It was Ayaka's birthday, so we got to sing Happy Birthday. Cultural note: ~250 Japanese guys singing happy birthday is hilarious. Thankfully this is the 2nd time I got to witness a birthday in the AKB theater. Since my view was great, I had a great time. There isn't much to "report" since it is basically the same every time, but every time it is great, so there is only so much of "WOW IT WAS GREAT" that I can say.

If I was to offer a review, it would be that I loved it.

I think it is time for them to think of a way to better blend the lip-synching with the real singing. I understand the difficulty here, but you can't help but chuckle to hear 10 girls "sing" a song in near-perfect pitch, then be panting and sweating and having trouble getting sentences out without gasping into the mics when they break off into the MC/joke routines after a few of the songs. I'm not complaining about it, just something I chuckle over.

EDIT: I'm looking forward to the new stage they are doing. I think it's good that they're dividing up the teams and it is blended for each day instead of just A and K. (And this increases the amount of times I can see Mii-chan. <3 B-)

8. cRaZY MiKi

cRaZY MiKi Kenkyuusei

Wow ticket #22.
    What time did u go and queue?

The standing area in middle is pretty great it seems..
    could hold flags XD

I heard the birthday songs the last time I went too
    (For Natsumi..team K)
    It's fun..I sang too XD

9. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Hahha. I've gotten ticket Number 3 and 4 before. Ticket #4 was actually when my group was let in first, which made getting there that early worth it.

Since it was Monday, I got in line around 10:30.

I think my days of getting in line at 6:30am for Team A are pretty limited, especially now with this new system of team members.

Sorry I'm typing essays.

10. cRaZY MiKi

cRaZY MiKi Kenkyuusei

wow..10.30am for #22 team B.
    but next month's gonna have quite a number of team Himawari.
    Maybe u can try the e-mailing method too?

11. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I tried the e-mailing method a few times without winning the first number of shows I went to, and I've just given up on it since. Besides, where's the fun in that if you don't get to stand outside in the rain/cold for 3 hours to start your weekend?

Have you ever won a reservation? Do girls even have to do that, since they can e-mail ahead of time to get those seats in the 4th or so row? Honestly I don't know much about the whole email thing. I went to AKB48 the first time flying blind without knowing any websites or ways to buy tickets. I went based on a few rumors, and hoped for the best. Since I was able to pioneer it myself the first time, I decided that there was no reason for change.

They're a desperate bunch.

Oh yeah, I forgot. The girls, during one of their interludes, make a joke about becoming an otaku. I laughed, but for different reasons than the rest of the guys in there were for.

12. cRaZY MiKi

cRaZY MiKi Kenkyuusei

Girls tickets still need to be queued.
    So I never try reserving though..
    But next time I might.. (would be next year though LOL)
    How do they check if u're living outside Kanto area for the Kanto e-mail reservation? Maybe u can try too??
    No harm trying =P

I wonder how the otaku reacted when the girls joked about being otaku? hahaha...

13. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I bet you have to show them an ID card of some sort when you go to pick up your tickets.

The otaku's reaction was laughter combined with the traditional crescendos of "HEGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

14. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

I watched the last Team A show tonight. Not from inside, but outside in the viewing area (seeing as tickets were nigh on impossible to get). We waited hours alone just to get inside the theatre to watch it on the screens.

Anyway, it was still fantastic fun. It was like a party atmosphere, as the guys could go nuts and dance and scream and such. It was great to finally see Darui Kanji in full. That song has THE best dance ever, I swear to god.

Anyway, Rina cried for her birthday, which was sweet. And Mai absolutely bawled during Michiru's graduation. Most of the girls seemed kinda awkward or just "Okay, see ya!!", but Mai and Kayano absolutely bawled. Couldn't even talk. Hana was crying a lot too, so she resorted to some sarcasm and dry humour to help her through <3 Bless.

Also, I saw Akimoto at the end!!! He walked right past me and then into the theatre. It was one of those "OMFG was that really....???" moments. Haha. The otaku himself <3

15. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ too bad you couldn't get inside the theater but at least you get to watch it from the monitor. Give us more detail if you don't mind. Thanks.
    Can't wait for the DVD to come out

16. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

I just want to ask, is it really safe for a girl alone went to the concert?
    because from the description you gave before is...
    sorry no offence!!

17. cRaZY MiKi

cRaZY MiKi Kenkyuusei

it is safe ^^
    just that u might get approached by otaku
    turn them down ^^

18. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

approached for what?
    and to turn them down just simply walk away or say something?

sorry I really dumb *and confused* >.<

19. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

I went by myself and with a friend (over different days), and never had any problems. Most of the time they honestly didn't seem to care (other than the fact I was the only foreigner there...). The only people who really spoke to me were the other girls, and a couple that was in line next to me.

20. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

oh, okay
    thanks a lot for the tips, crazy miki and tara XD

because I think none of my friends will willing to accompany me to watch AKB48 -___-
    and my parent are the worried type
    so...