1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Your dream last night?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by freezingkiss, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    Last night I dreamed that AKB48 did a cover of this song

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. masguas

masguas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    MasagusRivani
    I haven't sleep yet and it's showing 6:34 am here. Got an insomnia since last week. So I don't sleep in the night.:^^;:

3. park_sujong48

park_sujong48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I really don't remember, all I remember was being around a park

4. KatoZaki

KatoZaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    outside of my house talking with my friends in the middle of a highway, weird cause no vehicles passing by

5. Takaruru_Otaku48

Takaruru_Otaku48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    sakimaaai96
    I had a dream that AKB was doing a tour in my hometown, I had missed their concert because I was late but I was able to get backstage and talk to them. I told them how great I thought their music was and they were my first concert (in English and they seem to have understood me). They allowed me to ride their tour bus back to the hotel where they gave me a private concert and gave me a special ticket that would allow me to go to the theater whenever I made to Japan and see them for free.

Best dream ever!

6. kinakomochi

kinakomochi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Had a really weird one last night... then again I got like, five hours sleep total...

All I recall now was that I woke up going "sheez what a bizarre dream", and that it was about insects and invasion, but not like, carpets of amry ants swarming everything... it was more like a strange ant-like creature is trying to communicate with us, and we take the bait only to find it's a scout for insect aliens, or something (dreams are kind of a hobby of mine as I've been a lucid dreamer for about 7 years now).

7. kinakomochi

Tips for more intense, memorable dreams:

-- reduce the temperature in your room. A drafty, cool room (not cold as you're wanting to bundle up and not relax) will always produce more intense dreams through reduction in body temperature.

-- despite what you've heard, eating spicy foods actually interferes with the dream state -- it's too irritating. Instead try eating more bulk, like salad greens, on a night you want to dream (not too much greasy salad dressing though, like bleu cheese or thousand island, yuck).

-- certain types of cheese do increase dream intensity, but only if you eat it by itself about an hour before bedtime and an hour after your last meal of the day. I've found veiny cheeses like bleu and Stilton to be very strong at this, so unless you eat it every day (and if you do, your doctor's gonna be a rich man), just a thumbnail-sized piece is more than enough. No, bleu cheese dressing won't work, as its the fungus in the bluish veins that cause the stimulation, and there's so little of that in homogenized American dressings that it's just a fat bomb, no good.

-- concentrate on what you want to dream about, right before bed. This is how I cultivated lucid dreaming (LD) a few years ago when my therapist suggested it may help me. Write down that you're going to dream (don't ask, state your intention firmly), then draw doodles of what it is you want to dream about, so your brain more fully imprints it (about 10-15 mins of this is plenty). Then go to bed and drift off.

-- when you rouse early in the AM and have more time to go before the wake alarm... go back to sleep. This last part before rising will contain your most intense dreams, but they'll be more nonsensical (like mine last night). REM sleep with deep sleep is where the important ones to you will appear, not the REM sleep right before waking.

::

Had a dream last night I was a car mechanic looking to buy a big white Ford Econoline van from an eccentric rich guy who seemed to own ludicrous-massive piles of stuff -- so much so that he owned an entire half-mile-x-half-mile block of the local industrial area, built interconnecting Costco-sized, red-iron warehouses atop the whole property, and lived there with all his crap. Scads of business-spec cars, trucks and vans, heavy equipment, furniture, appliances, old full-size office printers, copiers, mainframe computers... like his hobby was buying auction blocks from old businesses or something. Anyway, while looking over this van I try opening the back tilt windows, and the glass falls out and shatters. He says he'll knock down the price, I get it, as I tell him I'll just ebay the two windows, should be an easy fix. He looks at me like I'm crazy (or that he has no idea what ebay was), and says he'll get the title from 'inside', which isn't specified in the dream.

There are a couple of other people in the next part of this dream, still in the same warehouse. I'm now living in the warehouse (the owner may or may not know I'm doing this, but he's more like my friend in this half of the dream). These people are having trouble with some of the stuff and I'm helping them figure it out. There's this big machine that resembles a giant full-size printer-copier you'd find at Office Max, but twice the length (like a pool/billiards table), with all these modular pieces like the drawers in said printer-copier but full of plastic and stamped-steel mechanisms instead of paper. I turn it on for these people to see if it works, and test out some function -- it basically transforms into something (can't remember this part), but a piece falls off and the customers are kinda concerned rather than turned off, so it must be something they've already bought. I'm scrounging around the area for another machine of the same type to swap out a component with, when the dream ends. 'The hell? :XD:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

^Interesting read. I love learning about health and nutrition. ^^
    I barely ever remember my dreams, but I've had a few about AKB and now I wish I had posted them here to keep a diary of all my 48 related dreams, cause now I can barely remember what it was about. x| Tough now that I think about it, I recall one being about me walking in on an open air concert of theirs in a town I used to live in and the other one was about me being in some kind of dimly lit cafe and having a microphone shoved in my face and randomly asked who my oshimen is, who then happened to be sitting a few tables away, looking as uncomfortable as I did. Ah, dreams are such a wonder.:XD:

9. kinakomochi

^ Hi Mimi! Here are some other tips, if you're interested in cultivating LD (lucid dreaming):

-- begin to record your dreams in a journal, as soon as you wake up. Be as descriptive as possible while the dream is still fresh. This part take a few weeks to set in motion your brain's ability to allow you to LD, but it's worth it.
    -- place a small card where you know you'll look frequently (like a billfold), with the words 'Am I awake?' written on it in big legible letters. Whenever you see the card, ask yourself the question, then perform the LD tests to see if you really are:
    • look down at your palms, see the lines... look away... then look back. If the lines are the same, you're awake.
    • look at the time on a clock, see the hands or digits... look away, look back. If the time is the same, you're awake.
    • if one is near you and you're not going to disrupt anything... flip a light switch on and off. If it does come on and off, you're awake.

The reason for this, is if you do it enough, you'll also do these tests on reflex, while in your dream -- and if you see anything different than above, you're lucid-dreaming. Again, allow a few weeks of practice to train your mind before expecting LD. ;)

-- then one night... it happens. In the beginning, you'll do one of three things, in decreasing likelihood (mine was #1 and #2 for a year or more... but I'm pretty dense):
    • one, immediately go back into 'dormant mode', where you're again dreaming as normal, thinking it's reality...
    • two, go into 'rider mode' where you know you're dreaming but are helpless to do anything but watch what's going on...
    • or three, realize you're dreaming, have control over your actions, then perhaps a few seconds of confusion before returning to rider mode.
    (#3 happened to me repeatedly for a few weeks, until I finally figured out what I needed to do)

-- to remain in the LD state, spin... as in Julie Andrews 'Sound of Music', atop that hill. For some strange reason, it helps to maintain the state... and when you develop enough familiarity with how it feels to be there (your limbs feel light as air, almost hollow and 'electric', to me)... the act is like a ritual, telling the mind to remain there... even deepening their awareness of it, for some (not me though).

Happy dreaming! If you tend to have vivid dreams as a baseline... you'll be able to do very cool things -- like fly, or play experiences you regret back, except changing history through your actions in LD. Or simply exploring the corners of your subconscious mind, which is where I've been lately. :approve:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

Thanks, I believe I've read those tips before when I was interested in LD, but I kind of gave op on it. I guess I wasn't patient enough to keep trying and do all the "exercises". I was also kind of scared that it would possibly have negative consequences, and while searching about that I stumbled across one story of someone who, after mastering LD, kept getting horrible nightmares while in lucid state and not being able to wake up. It's just one story against many positive ones, but I used to have a lot of issues with sleep paralysis which I luckily haven't been having in a very long time (and when I do on rare occasion it's not nearly as bad as it used to be), but I'm always afraid that getting to that state where your body is asleep while your mind is awake might trigger it again.

11. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Thanks for the tips @kinakomochi, they are indeed very interesting. Dreams are indeed something amazing. I even was told once that people can actually find the answer to any question through a 'link' with other people who are sleeping too all over the globe...but that sounds too esoteric to my ears, your tips are more believable...;)

12. kinakomochi

@karles48 -- yeah that's nonsense -- whoever said that, wasn't a true LD practitioner. LD is only able to give you access to your dreaming mind, not give you powers you don't have. ;)

In my Rinzai Zen training, one of our teachers supposedly was able to talk to others with his level of willpower in meditation... but saying this is proof that I can do this, is just as likely as saying you know Jesus was resurrected, or the Buddha healed with touch -- faith is not a substitute for reality, no matter how well-intentioned the story is -- and worse if the truth is bent to serve your purposes. :glare:

@Mimi -- yeah that's scary if you don't know how to deal with the issue -- the challenge when you get comfortable exploring... is that your mind will open itself up like a self-generating cave system, to places in your psyche you may not be prepared to go... such as my mention of regrettable situations. It also depends on if you use the MILD or WILD methods to achieve LD (which I'll discuss a bit later).

But the main thing to remember for all LD experiences, pleasant or scary... is if you withdraw your attention from what's happening in lucidity, you will awaken. Here's an example: you achieve LD, do your checks, and know how to spin to stay there. Then while exploring your memories, you come upon the memory of a beating you took from a schoolyard bully -- the fear, the paralysis, all still there (maybe even more intensely)... but in playback. But you are lucid now -- you can change what you did rather than simply stay in 'rider mode' during your beating -- which is basically as bad as reliving the dream w/o LD.

You can do one of two things: 1) realize you have control, and fight back -- anything you know as present Mimi, that if you'd done it back then, would've prevented the regret, do it -- anything that adult Mimi would've known to do. This is difficult (I've done it exactly once), so don't feel bad if you have to go back in multiple times... or if this isn't possible, you can awaken, just like in Inception, to escape reliving it -- but instead of dying or being dunking in water... it's much easier -- just take your attention off what's happening. One way is to say a famous quote, like 'Ich bin ein Berliner' or other short blurb, or ask yourself a math question out loud -- "24 plus 42 equals..." Recalling the quote or doing the math, and not staying sucked into the dream happenings, will cause you to break LD. It's that simple. If the practitioner who couldn't break LD and stayed in the nightmare didn't know this, then he was rather reckless in his exploration of the state -- your mind can be as pretty or as ugly as anything your experience has seen, felt, or thought about.

Especially in the beginning, it'll feel like you're a newborn infant sensing the world for the first time (because you are using newly-created connections in your brain), everything will be very intense -- colors, sensations, all 'electric' (or muddled/static-y, due to poorly-created connections that still allow you in) -- this is where people tend to kick themselves out, when they think 'Wow!' That one thought breaks the focus on the LD state, until their minds have become used to it through more repetition, as before. A good natural safeguard, is that it's nearly always more difficult to maintain LD than to lose it -- so escaping LD is easy -- just stop trying to be there. That's why you must keep spinning to stay there. ;)

MILD and WILD: MILD is mnemonic-induced lucid dreaming, while WILD is wake-induced lucid dreaming. Both have their proponents as to which is easier to achieve lucidity with... but IME WILD is a bit more unpredictable, because the point at which you enter lucidity depends on a timer, not your use of a 'mantra' (Am I Awake?), so suddenly you find yourself in the state, which can be either jarring, or frustrating, if you mind resists the method. It's a bit harder for beginners to master -- WILD is more for experienced LD users, IMO... so MILD is better, and the method I still use. :approve:

13. karles48

I'm freaking out... Two days ago I dreamed that someone introduced me the actors Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson, but the amazing thing is that I've just found out that they were married from 2008 to 2010!! :shocku:

14. kinakomochi

My dreams have been quite vague of late... but then again since my GI distress and hospitalization for it twice in 18 mos... my dreams have been harder to see and remember vividly... which is a way to show how connected the gut and brain are, on a subconscious level (did you know that your upper GI tract is the only place in your body besides the brain/SC, where you have neurons and an independently-functioning neural network? My damage disrupted the harmony in communication between them... so it's no surprise I'm not able to access LD as often or easily as prior to being sick. :(

They recall more often in the form of feelings now (except for my recent Scarlett one... the memories are pretty much this amalgamated grey in subject and palette, like the scrap felt you see underlying your carpet, sort of Jackson Pollock painting in 'feel'). I'm also on a lipid-controlling med called fibrate, so it's no surprise my GI tract is irritated (it's quite bitter and heavily affects the liver, where it does its work -- a highly-vital metabolic organ along with the pancreas and thyroid gland)... and that's led to my sleep schedule being disturbed, fatal for lucid dreaming (staying up very late for the SSK live a week ago didn't help, oh well :^^;:).

Last one, of the scenes I do remember... I'm in a school of some sort (one common theme of my dreams, is going to school, being in school, and quite often a faraway or foreign one), lots of windows, sounds of cheap school furniture being squeaked across wooden floors, grey-green palette. No plot I can recall, just disjointed little "vines", but only fractions the length, maybe a second or two at most. I am in uniform, so is probably Japan. I am hungry, and smell fried something in my dream. The sky outside is overcast and it's humid, but lots of light filters through the clouds in large, watercolor-like blobs. I hear people running outside on gravel, like a track.

And that's it. :fp:

15. PointyCrayon

PointyCrayon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last night, I had a dream where I went to school and I was a yankee. It started when I got into a fight in the hallways on the second story of the school (2 stories = Japan?), then I got a little roughed up, so I went to the Nurse's office. I open the door, and lo and behold...... It's Nurse Sayanee! And then that it, dream ends. :fp:

tl;dr: School, Fight Scene, Nurse Sayanee

16. kinakomochi

Whoa -- whopper of a crystal-clear, fully-immersive dream last night... but as usual, no luck exiting 'rider mode' in LD... :wtf:

So... the setting is the inside and just outside of a big mall... seems past its glory days as the architecture is simple and feels a bit run down and faded. I'm strongly reminded of the shapes and spaces of MetroCenter Mall in Phoenix where I used to live... but the colors are wrong; a burnt orange for the exterior, unlike the real mall's pale cream-yellow... and it's not blazing-hot in this dream, even though the sky is just slightly-overcast with high clouds (even in Jan, mid-morning in Phx is quite warm). The humidity I feel is wrong, too. It's possible this mall is an amalgam of two malls in my experience history: Pentagon City Mall, in VA, and MetroCenter -- the weather and some of the other features not congruent with MCM, match perfectly with PCM.

I'm in and out of this mall, as an employee of one of the stores in it, can't remember which... but I'm sort of shocked, as one of my co-workers, is Ian McKellan -- Gandalf from LOTR. He's sullen and curt, so unlike the real Ian... and he's sporting a short stubble and unkept silver hair, in a blue coverall, and we're all pushing some freight outside (some unknown plastic bubble-pack tools or gadgets, perhaps for a sidewalk sale). But it seems despite his demeanor I know him well and he confides in me at lunchtime for some reason... and the other workers seem to clear out to let us talk. The dream at this point takes on a very airy, utopian feel, much like the cinematography in the movie 'Her'... that desaturated, sky-biased, European aesthetic.

Gandalf-as-warehouseman and I are talking and eating lunch sitting on these cool-to-touch sculpted concrete benches... when something happens to the pebbles-in-concrete mosaic floor in front of us, this round emblem (I'm assuming the mall's... about two meters in diameter with hundreds of small, date-sized stones set in concrete grout. Gandalf lets out a growl, then the disc emblem lights up -- and he says 'Behold!" in his best Shakespearean-stage-perfected cry, "... Jay... it's HERE...". People are scattering, I see lunches and sodas flying as the other workers beat feet out. My hair (much longer than my actual hair) is flying as hot wind from the emblem is beginning to make me lose my footing... it's glowing white. Things are now beginning to break up off the ground and rotate around us. Next I see Gandalf... he's actually Gandalf, not Ian, with the robes, nose, beard, but the same hair(!?)...

And that's where it stops. :fp: I was awoken by my damned phone's notification to pay a bill... at 3am, which I did not set (bug in Android Lollipop on Verizon's network, I learned later) :hmm: In the intense part, I was juuuust able to feel my hands... dammit. :wall:

17. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Had a dream last night with Juri in it. You would think that would be something fantastic. But you would be wrong.

I don't remember all the specifics, but I do remember the sense of complete and utter heartbreak that remained after a conversation with her about why she committed the crimes she did, against her friends and I. And why it had to be me to escort her down to the local jailhouse. The look of hatred and betrayal on her face.:cold: Heart, shattered.:(

18. roxyakbbliss48

roxyakbbliss48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    sailorcadetR
    omg it was really weird yet awesome it was about pro wrestling not too mention how messed up am gonna go to the non messed up deets XD
    So i was at a live wrestling event it was a match with my favorite wrestler and some other wrestler i don't like and when he won, i was going too faint cause he was coming near me :cute:and i screamed so freaking loud because he was literally standing their and then he was hugging me :oops: :chuffed:But then after a minute of hugging he left:cry2: :cold: The rest of the dream is way too weird and messed upXD

19. giraffeyuki

giraffeyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Just found out about this thread. Actually I very seldom, if ever, had a dream about 48G members, but I remember I had a cool dream about Jurina once:

Besides Jurina the idol/48G member that we know, somehow she also made her way into Japan's women soccer team, and they competed for Women World Cup, and they won it :)

I knew there was Women soccer World Cup this year, although I didn't really follow it (who won anyway?). But that it was held this year, and in my mind Jurina is always the athletic type, led me to have this dream.

In my dream, Jurina was not really the important member of that soccer team. She was not the captain, not the striker, she didn't score any goals. She was just some kind of low-profile midfield player, with jersey number 5 :) She even had to be substituted in the mid of second half of the final match, although she was still a core team member. But I guess that what makes the dream seem more real to me. If she was the captain/goal scorer/etc, even if I was dreaming, there will be some part of me that will go: wait a minute, this is too Hollywood movie-ish, this definitely isn't real :).

I was at the stadium, somewhere inside the tunnel, after the final match, saw Jurina was tired but satisfied, smiling. I didn't see the cup, but the whole time trying to digest the fact that an AKB48 member was also part of women soccer world cup winning team, wondering how people/the press will react to it, etc etc. (Once again, the fact that she's only the low-profile member of the soccer team made the whole thing seem real to me lol..)

20. karles48

Last night I had one of those dreams that seem to be divided in parts that have little in common. I only remember pieces of the dream but I still remember that in one of the 'parts' I was in a snowy field and I 'was' Takamina. I didn't see myself, but I was saying goodbye to Miichan and Kojiharu, so I guess I was indeed Takamina... [hehe]