Single AKB48 42nd [Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby] 15/12/09

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 27, 2015.

1. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    Where was Mayu??
    Looks like Yuihan will takeover all Takamina's empty spots from now on (would have preferred Miichan in this perf though)
    And yeay Myao! (the true secret weapon of Aki-p [hehe])

2. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    There is RUMOR that they were filming AKBNogi PV today. Or maybe she had some Jobs to so

Sent with Taptalk

3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Myao on Music Station :1st:

4. Minowa Natsuki

Minowa Natsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Is there a back up link of the 365 Nichi no Kamihikouki performance with Myao in it?:^^;:

5. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
  6. Minowa Natsuki

Minowa Natsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
  7. Mayoi

Mayoi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I really love all the coupling songs on these singles. Normally I just want to buy my favorite "type" until I can afford all 3, but I didn't have a favorite because I really liked all of them! It was such a tough choice that I just bought all 4... hahaha.

8. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    I know this xD But in this case I go after design (and bonus) or price xD

Sent with Taptalk

9. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Handshake resale is up now.

10. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Great! now that they come to sense that they are missing out on them sales because they stopped selling

11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

if the video does not show watch the video here

Full MV now on AKB48's Official Youtube.

12. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Don't forget So Long, I am pretty sure that was the longest :p

13. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    There's a 1 hour long PV of So Long which is called So Long "the movie". It was released in Million ga Ippai PV collection.

14. Kawamoto-san

Kawamoto-san Kenkyuusei

the title itself is “so long” so the MV must be so long too :p
    Not the so long-goodbye way :p

15. Roger S Dare

Roger S Dare Kenkyuusei

I discovered AKB48 in May 2014, about the time of LR and Yuko’s graduation, so after the “glory days” unfortunately. I think that the girls of 48 group, past and present, are fascinating in themselves, and as a window into Japanese culture, particularly popular culture.

I love the song “365 Nichi no Kamihikouki”, and it went straight into my personal “AKB no Kamikyokutachi”, but i have some questions about it. I read through this thread [!] to see if it was the right place to ask the questions, and it is. But the thread was full of fascinating discussions and interesting information and references. So thank you all for that.

Here are the questions, all about the pv of 365NnK (5 minutes 5 seconds long):

1. The beginning and end of the pv seems to take place in a room or foyer of a large, rather old-fashioned building. Where is it?

2. There is a sequence of hand gestures starting at “Hoshi wa ikutsu mieru ka”, abstract ones starting with Sakura, then Yuihan and Paruru , then Yukirin and [someone],and so on, and finishing with the heart gesture from Takamina and Kojiharu, then Mayuyu and Sasshi. There are similar hand gesture sequences in, for example, “Kimi no Dai-ni shou” and, further back, “Sakura no Shiori”. Is there a narrative and meaning in these gestures [I really hope so!], or is it just choreography?

3.The Romaji says “Jinsei” but the girls seem to sing “Jintei”, and the Romaji says “Egao” but Sayanee seems to sing “Egawo”. And I’ve noticed differences between what’s appears to be sung and the Romaji like this in other songs. Is this normal variation, or local accents, or perhaps I’m just mis-hearing?

Thanks for any help with these questions. If there is somewhere else I should try asking these questions please tell me.

P.S. how do I add a picture and my oshi and location to the information on the left?

16. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

This is the only question I can answer for you. You are simply mishearing. I definitely don't hear "jintei". Egao is another case, as the slide between vowels is either a personal or dialect-based change. Moving from the a to the o sound can indeed sound like there is a w involved, or it can be completely clean and separate sounds. It has to do with the way the mouth shape and airflow changes between the two vowels. If you try it yourself slowly, you should be able to see how it works. It's just a phonology thing.

On a related tangent: linguistically speaking, the roots of the modern Japanese language had a wo sound that was distinctive from o. Now when we see wo as a particle, it is only pronounced o. However, it didn't used to be this way.

Source

Another quite famous example of archaic spelling holding over from archaic phonology is kaidan [ghost stories] being written as kwaidan. It's a famous example because there is a very globally well-known book called Kwaidan, a collection of ghost stories compiled in the early 1900s by Lafcadio Hearn, a foreigner to Japan. Here is the reason why it is romanized this way:

Source

The website there has a really interesting explanation about historical kana usage and how kana spellings for many types of words were eventually modernized to keep up with the changes in pronunciation that had already happened.

tl;dr I'm a nerd

17. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

I have no clue how no one posted this here.
    Just the best performance of 365 Nichi no Kamihikouki!!!!!

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

lmao nope

Sayanee, just with a guitar and her voice, eats Mayu and her orchestra/choir/pyrotechnics. :^^;:

19. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

@Trinu It's amazing as well!! I love both performances. And yeah, Sayanee is almost complete... doesnt need much for her performance to be good.
    but i have something for orchestras, i guess ahahahha cause mayu performance for me is just genuinely sweet and smooth and touching and as it's a bit slower, i found it even more touching. I do like a lot Mayu's voice.
    Btw, thanks for reminding of Sayaka's performance...

20. IXS48

IXS48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    Yuristic
    Agree with Minami_san, you are really observant to details. Both versions are nice in their own way :D