[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    To be honest, what's left for them?

Gravure? Nope, already taken by Asakawa Nana, and there are no more 48G x YJ gravure competitions anymore.
    Acting? Nope, impossible as long as Oscar Pro exists.
    Stages? Nope, Team A got one and it didn't help.
    Shuffle? Nope, not enough members.
    Concept Change? Nope, all niches are filled by other idol groups at this point.
    Photobooks? Nope, not with 46G members' continuous releases.

Right now, management is confused. With all the mass graduations that happened in the past year (especially the 1998 line), even if they do a new stage, a single with only AKB members, a new interesting event, a new nationwide show, or a team shuffle, nothing they can do will restore AKB to its past glory. Not to mention that HKT is screwed too.

As for Nogi, I have a bad feeling that after Tokyo Dome, they will only decline from there.

Members can influence other members to graduate. Even a senbatsu lock can graduate if a theater girl close to her is graduating. Look at NMB's Yabushita Shu. She had to graduate because she saw other Team BII members graduating.

2. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    At least AKB can invite TOP girls from Nogizaka(Ikucah, Asuka, Hori and 3gen great) and Keyakizaka (TECCI) and become GREAT AGAIN :awesome: SG and Sakamichi not :rolleyes:

Just imagine! 16nin-sembatsu of 64th AKB48 single: Asuka, Hori, Ikuta, Ozone, Mizuki, Yoda, Okubo, Tecci, Neru, Berika, Berisa, Sugai, Akanen, Manaka and Yumiko<3, Jurina, Sakura :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Huh? 48 group girls get plenty of gravy, or else that Nakai Rika issue of Shonen Champion I just got in the post must be a mirage. Not to mention all the Tanaku Yuka gravy everywhere, Sakura and Haruppi get regular gravy assignments too, maybe it's just that 48 sister group members are more visually appealing than AKB young members....except for Mion who gets lots of jobs.

And it's funny but I get Bomb, Entame, Ex-Taishu and UTB pretty much every month and I see lots of 48-group girls but no Asakawa Nana...

4. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    And I'm going to be very RUDE now, but if the girls from AKB48 are useless and unpromising in hiding with participants from sister groups, and their fans are not numerous and (or) are not able to support them enough, then there is no fault of management. It means that they are worthless. In defense(support?) of management, I want to say that they give a chance to girls from AKB48 will light up, albeit not in the semibatsu...soo... it's a pity... yes :^^;:
    sorry not sorry :whistle:

5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

:fp: at these.

They can do a shuffle (lol at "there is not enough members")

They still doing Acting (What do you think Tofu Pro Wrestling was?) I'm sure they will be doing more dramas in the future (and secretly pissing some people off here and making Sakura the lead in them :p).

6. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

To be honest, I love Megu but it seems like she's salty that SG members are "taking her place" in Senbatsu. Without Hana, Rika, and them, she would've been close to being the next ones in Senbatsu. However, with them, Megu will never be able to be a regular because she is not "worthy" enough to be there herself.
    I wouldn't say too much but I believe so too. It seems to me that it'll be the same circumstance as AKB. If I remember correctly, Maiyan said that Tokyo Dome is her final goal so I don't know. Plenty of girls are reaching graduation age so if girls like Naachan and Maiyan graduate, Nogi will decline. However, Nogi will slightly be better because they are slowly getting Hori and Asu to the front.

7. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Megu hasn't any chance! at least 30 members from SG more popular and more strong is HS than she. and ALL this SGmemebers participate in HS, and some of them are part of AKB (kenin) :^^;:
    I can understand her. But it looks like an excuse for its insolvency(?) and uselessness as AKB member, as idol, as working :gavel:

as for Nogizaka ;) They will be fine! just look at their HS! no one TOP HS sellers participate in HS events, Nogi sells will be fine! 3gen AMAZING and very STRONG

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  8. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
  9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

However by being outspoken, Megu clearly has closed her remaining chance to enter senbatsu by pissing off someone above.

But, hey. Another open spot for another girl.

10. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I don't think what she did is pissing off someone above. Far from it.
    She simply stated her view on the current AKB situation. A lot of members and fans feel the same about it. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of fans came to the manager room only for voicing the same opinion. I think that someone above is wise enough to not punish a member that have this kind of opinion and actually take advantage of it. So I expect the opposite of what you think as in Megu will be involved in more AKB activities because of her statement.

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

And yet someone in management was dumb enough to punish Takahashi Juri for criticizing Sutou at SSK despite the fact that Juri was completely right

12. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I remember when Paruru criticized how AKB didn't think about its future when so many of 9th gen and above weren't being recognized, but she didn't dare criticize sister group participation because she probably knew their significance. Megu openly stating this really shocked me, and I hope she won't get punished for it. (No AKBingo appearances, etc.)

13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@hikariayaka Nothing funny about my comment, only facts. I follow Nogi since debuts. Yes Ikoma was recognized by the public (I said so myself in my comment) but no she wasn't the most popular, she never was. Even when her kennin was announced, people were talking about how management probably asked Ikuchan and Maiyan and other girls before they picked Ikoma... She didn't sell her HS, didn't have many fans, she just had a face easy to remember & yet it doesn't mean that the public liked her or cared for her (they didn't), that's all.

@Reveen Where's the proof that Juri was punished? and wether what Juri said was right or wrong, it was uncalled for. especially at that time where no one knew what was going on. She isn't the leader of 48G, she is not even related to NMB, she isn't even the leader of AKB... She should mind her business. and she wasn't punished so yeah. but after this she might not be the "future general manager" anymore though since she speaks without thinking. Her comment about Riripon isn't the only thing she did btw. Some time ago, during Kojimako's Birthday Stage in the Mc about "wish to Mako", she told her "please don't bring trouble to me anymore in the future" or something like that (reference to the scandal). it's uncalled for especially during a Birthday Stage, that's all she found to say... meh.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  14. Rurouni

What punishment? Seriously, what? She only missed a theater performance for a day. People seems to make a big thing out of nothing.

15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It was clearly a "Don't step out of line again" warning.

She was right. And it was completely called for, at least Juri and Naachan had the guts to say what most fans were thinking.

Juri was inadvertently brought into Kojimako's scandal because they live in the same building and their apartments look alike. Thus she made a joke about it at the seitansei. That's right, a joke, just like members make fun of Minegishi and Sasshi's scandals.

16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@Reveen Again Juri is nobody inside of AKB. Just a member like everyone else. and none of us knew what was going on during the speech. So the least she could do was waiting before speaking. and I know Juri was involved in Kojimako's scandal. but bringing it up just some days after, during Kojimako's Birthday Stage and during a Mc where it's supposed to be an appreciation for Mako, yes it's uncalled for, joke or not. and she wasn't even punished. But clearly she doesn't have what it takes to be a leader, she has no consideration for other members, for the management or for the fans in general. You're probably ok with it because you agree with her point of view. But her actions are not right. Naachan does it right. while Juri just speak at the wrong moment and put herself in a higher position than she is.

17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    This is clearly just personal opinion and seems to be a proxy war about Riripon. Those who thought Riripon did the worst thing imaginable side with Juri. Those who thought Riripon was perhaps in the wrong place when she announced her marriage, but don't think a girl getting married is a crime, think Juri overstepped a boundary herself.

18. Rurouni

I don't think it was a warning tho. My initial thought was she was being called by management to discuss about Riripon situation since Riripon supposed to reveal about her SSK speech on Sunday which was delayed to Monday and on and on.
    It might be that she was advised to not do something like that again, but I don't think they really gave her a warning because the next day she was doing her SR and told that something like she didn't regret on what she said at her SSK speech. Funny thing is that Ota Yuuri was touched by Juri speech.

In relation to that, probably the majority of AKB members (maybe all, especially the younger gen) shared Megu sentiment about the current AKB situation and I believe management also knows about it even before she talk about it on SR. And AKB newspaper will probably do a coverage about it. So regardless of what people think about what Juri did was distasteful, a lot of members probably glad that Juri spoke about it. Same with what Megu did speaking out about the current AKB situation.

I do think the solution isn't to totally remove SG participation but instead add another AKB only release on their schedule. If SG can manage to do AKB48G HS event + 2 releases (either 2 single or a single and an album), then asking for once a year AKB only single on top of the regular 4 single a year release should be doable and wouldn't really disturb the AKB48G single sales.
    The problem with making AKB + SG totally split their operation is that I think AKB will still get 4 singles a year while SG will only get 2 and SG fans will definitely complain about it. Making each group release 4 single a year would be a really though thing to do unless you don't need to rely on Aki-P to make all the lyrics. This is outside of the potential loss of profit for the first few years which is probably the main consideration for not doing it.

Oh well, at least you won't get bored following 48G with members voicing their opinion like this. And I thought Aki-P like rebels :p

19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I read about what Megu said. Honestly it's nothing new and I don't think she's the first one to say this? But yes she's wrong. it's obvious that AKB-only won't happen. 4 years ago maybe there was hope. But now it's just not possible. Too little AKB members who are popular (MaYuki will be gone soon), sister groups doing badly (total waste to limit the sister groups members with popularity and potential in sister groups only), Nogi rising non-stop, Keyaki debuting and already rising so high... if AKB-only happens now it's basically destroying AKB's brand name, image etc. it won't happen. and I'm sure AKB new gens are aware that it's a lost hope. But somehow they still mention it. They know that there's this loud minority of AKB-only fans who are hardcore with this idea. it's a minority of fans, but the AKB new gens feed their hopes even if it's false hopes, using it to basically say "support me, spend money" etc. and that kinda bothers me.

Instead of this I would rather see AKB new gens working hard to reach a level where management won't be able to ignore them. Just look at Yuiyui. the girl is getting pushed a lot because of how well she's doing at HS, she's becoming the best HS seller in AKB after MaYuki. Not only HS, but there's Showroom too, and social medias, so many ways for girls to make themselves stand out. if a girl has potential to be popular she can make it happen through HS/SR/SNS first then management won't ignore her. if she can't even make it happen by HS/SR/SNS, then maybe she just doesn't have what it takes to be popular... and then it's understandable that management is not pushing her.

20. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Juri's speech (which I listened to but mostly did not understand, and since then have only read slanted summaries) seemed like a kneejerk, off-script reaction to something that just happened, while Naachan sounded like she was just delivering the speech she had planned to give from the beginning, suddenly made even more topical by Riripon's marriage announcement, but changed only very little if at all to respond to new events.

Well, yeah, but she was removed from Yuiri's birthday stage for "management circumstances", and it was the second performance after SSK (the first being a 16th gen stage). While that term gets used a lot in reference to full stage schedule changes, it's the only one I can find where it's used about a single member's absence. Didn't she also apologize for it?

You don't even know what she said, and yet you already think she's wrong. No, she isn't. She's entirely correct, and well aware of the difficulties in what she's proposing.

And yet Yuiyui has almost none of this? Do you think her Showrooms are the reason she's popular? You know she appears on lots of daytime TV too right, because she's the Team 8 Tokyo rep? Do you actually think she got where she is by "working hard" to reach that level?