Generation AKB48 17th Generation

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mana, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That's pretty quick, it used to be that AKB would take ages before including new girls in photosets, now they're up even quicker than HKT

One thing that bugs me though is the condition on the sets "Please note that it cannot be purchased together with other products." AKB really stick it you on postage charges by not bundling regular photosets with special ones or AKB ones with Team 8 ones, NMB on the other hand are quite happy to bundle products.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Soukantoku talks about 17ki first impression to her

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up

17th gen auditioned for a spot on "AD Oguri no Jikenbo" (New drama by AKB48 and Gunma Prefecture, starring Oguri Yui), apparently going to be broadcasted on June 26

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    That was cute, I'll be curious to see who ends up getting the role. Miyuu seemed so nervous reading her lines. [hehe]

I've been trying to avoid criticizing the kks because I know they're still learning but Kokone is getting on my nerves with her refusal to smile. I don't really believe the shtick about "she's just shy and really bad at smiling" because unless you have a severely debilitating case of Autism you can fake a damn smile. More often then not when everyone else is laughing it looks like Kokone is holding her hand over her mouth or FIGHTING a smile rather than making any attempt to smile. I get that some people aren't good at faking smiles, Oku Manami was my oshimen and she got that constantly. But Maachan COULD smile, she just usually chose not to and I think it's the same with Kokone to an extreme. I'm sure she is genuinely shy and probably isn't confident in her smile, but she is exaggerating it and trying to make herself in to a character as a way to stand out from the other kenkyusei. It's working for her and I know there are a lot of fans who find her endearing but it irritates me because whether it's an act or genuine, did she not think that when she joined AKB48 and became a pop idol she might have to smile? The AKB members can be going through terrible things and have all sorts of personal issues but when they're on stage or performing they still keep a smile on. Kokone couldn't even manage a smile at a fashion press event with hundreds of photographers or when it was simply called for in a script.

Part of me thinks they need to bring back the Kenkyuusei selection. But the other part of me really wants to see 17th gen cover Daite Hold On Me by MoMusu so Kokone can do Iida Kaori's "Nee waratte?" line. Iykyk.:XD:

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    I don't particularly care whether Kokko's not smiling is her not liking her own smile, her genuinely not smiling often or her wanting it to be her image. I like it. It makes her stand out.

Not to mention, like you said, THIS IS WORKING FOR HER! Why would she start smiling when this not smiling shtick has made her stand out and has gotten people to like her. Faked or not doesn't matter. All idol personas are faked or exaggerated to an extent.

It really is kinda baffling to me how somebody simply not smiling can annoy a person so much. She doesn't HAVE to smile clearly. She can perform without smiling and if people like it then people like it! It'd be another thing if she didn't smile, got no attention for it or got criticized for it and then threw a fit over it. I'd understand being mad then! But if it's working for her (so far at least) AND people like it, then what's wrong with not smiling???

Also the autism comment is very damn unnecessary and ableist.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up

Oh apparently the "AD Oguri no Jikenbo" audition happened before their public reveal?
    Sorara got the spot and she seems to be doing well for a sudden job!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 3
  8. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

While NMB, STU, HKT and SKE get fresh, young, cute talents that have potential to be the center of the group, AKB gets some old, average girls.. What's wrong with AKB? Isn't AKB supposed to attract more/better girls as it's the flagship group in Tokyo? These girls are leftovers from Nogi and Sasshi group.

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
  9. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    But also to be fair, Kokko being an AI has also gotten her fans lmao, so even in her case.... It seems to be working out lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Are we having another Idol Cyborg? :^^;: Mayuyu will be proud

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It's been decided that the AKB48 Mail trial service for 17ki will last until the 30th of June. I assume this means that after that, the girls will still provide mail, but after that, you'll have to pay for it.

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    The 17ki will be doing a performance at 'Popfest 2022 Natsu Produce by Popteen". More details on the blog as well as a list of the other performers, they're all pretty big names. I'm glad to see the KKS are getting jobs like this. :chuffed:

It also looks like they will be featured in the July issue of Bomb!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 4
  13. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
  15. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    So all 17ki has performed in theater (all Heart Gata Virus) , who did it well in dance/singing/expression in your opinion?
    Yukitan&Hotechan
    https://streamable.com/q6gdsl

Nonchan&Mayuuchan
    https://twitter.com/Team4_2001_0228/status/1533383089937735680

Sorara&Kokko
    https://twitter.com/y_y_yuchann/status/1534832028776304640

Mizumin&Kokko
    https://twitter.com/kevinkamalkk/status/1532695388444311553

Hotechan&Erichan
    https://twitter.com/moka_archive/status/1534509707708219393

Aichan&Niinan
    https://twitter.com/hasegawaniina/status/1532056402935664642

Can't find any for Yuki, , but she certainly did perform it.
    https://twitter.com/akb_trainee48/status/1532332150305230848

Preview for the Bomb Gravure :
    [​IMG]
    in case the full image above not working:
    [​IMG]

Nice!<3

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

I found different performance with Sorara a few days ago and she really impressed me. She seemed not to be nervous or awkward at all, her movements were super clear. She also seems to be less afraid of eye contact with the audience (but that's just a personal impression, as I was not part of the audience). If I would not have known that it was a Zenza Girl performance, I would not have guessed it is. ^^
    I now watched the linked perfomance with Niinan and Aichan, and this one gives me similar vibes. Both make little mistakes here and there, but they overall seem very confident on their position, it's very nice to watch them.

Apart from that, I liked Mayuu's and Erichan's performance. They seemed a bit nervous/awkward, but also as if they'd enjoy being on stage and their expressions and smiles are adorable. <3

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Agree. Sorara, Niinan, and Aichan certainly felt comfortable on stage.
    I'd argue the other girls are not that far behind them though!
    For Kokko and Nonchan, they have unique expressions, I still cannot read their enjoyment from their eyes.
    Still haven't seen Yuki's performance so I can't say anything, the other Sorara performance you saw might be the one? Can you post a link to it?

Also do you guys think those are live singing? If so they did plenty well for kenkyuusei, although Heart Gata Virus is certainly not a difficult song to sing and dance.

18. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Question for AKB48 17ki in 48times June issue: https://48times.com/news?tag=研究生特集
    4. Special skills and strengths?
    • Ota Yuki: Soft ears that can be moved; Copying songs just by hearing them because I have sense of sound
    • Kohama Kokone: I don't really have any special skills, but I want to make one now!
    • Sato Airi: Cheerleading, which I have been doing for 10 years! My strength is that I always have a smile on my face.
    • Hashimoto Eriko: My strength is I'm healthy and don't easily catch a cold! My special skill is making delicious potato salad!
    • Hasegawa Niina: Piano and flute. Also, thanks to the brass band training, I can copy simple things by ear
    • Hakateyama Nozomi: I can do Kendo
    • Hirata Yuki: I can eat sour lemon quickly
    • Hotei Moka: It is easy to get lost for the first time, but I remember the land that came once. Smile and charm are my charm points!
    • Masai Mayuu: Since I was doing rhythmic gymnastics for 11.5 years, my soft body is the best. I think it's an advantage. In addition to the softness of the body, I think that the rhythmic feeling and suppleness cultivated in rhythmic gymnastics can be utilized in dance !!
    • Mizushima Miyuu: I think my strength is serious. Also, I can continue Baton twirling from 2 to 18 years old, or belong to the track and field club from the 1st grade of junior high school to the 3rd grade of high school, I can work with a goal for a long time!
    • Yamazaki Sora: The advantage is bright, and my specialty is swimming, which I have been doing for 10 years.
    5. Your oshimen and the reason?
    • Ota Yuki: Kashiwagi Yuki and Murayama Yuiri
    • Kohama Kokone: Chiba Erii
    • Sato Airi: Yamauchi Mizuki
    • Hashimoto Eriko: Maeda Atsuko and Nakanishi Chiyori
    • Hasegawa Niina: Oguri Yui and Sakaguchi Nagisa
    • Hakateyama Nozomi: Okada Nana
    • Hirata Yuki: Yabuki Nako
    • Hotei Moka: 17th generation
    • Masai Mayuu: Oguri Yui
    • Mizushima Miyuu: Shitao Miu
    • Yamazaki Sora: Okada Nana
    6. 48group member you want to be?
    • Ota Yuki: Shinoda Mariko
    • Kohama Kokone: Oshima Yuko
    • Sato Airi: Murayama Yuiri
    • Hashimoto Eriko: Maeda Atsuko
    • Hasegawa Niina: Mukaichi Mion
    • Hakateyama Nozomi: Itano Tomomi
    • Hirata Yuki: Kashiwagi Yuki
    • Hotei Moka: Mukaichi Mion
    • Masai Mayuu: Hashimoto Haruna
    • Mizushima Miyuu: Kashiwagi Yuki
    • Yamazaki Sora: Wanatabe Mayu
    7. Seniors you are interested in?
    • Ota Yuki: Hashimoto Haruna and Mogi Shinobu
    • Kohama Kokone: Asai Nanami and Sato Minami
    • Sato Airi: Onishi Momoka, Asai Nanami, Omori Maho (welcome to Team B)
    • Hashimoto Eriko: Nakanishi Chiyori
    • Hasegawa Niina: Onishi Momoka and Hashimoto Haruna
    • Hakateyama Nozomi: Hashimoto Haruna
    • Hirata Yuki: Onishi Momoka
    • Hotei Moka: Onishi Momoka (Momoka caught another 17ki's heart with KISS⁸)
    • Masai Mayuu: Taniguchi Megu and Onishi Momoka
    • Mizushima Miyuu: Onishi Momoka and Hashimoto Haruna
    • Yamazaki Sora: Onishi Momoka and Nakanishi Chiyori
    9. 48 group songs that you want to perform
    • Ota Yuki: Yokaze no Shiwaza
    • Kohama Kokone: Negaigoto no Mochigusare
    • Sato Airi: Kuroi Tenshi, Tenshi no Shippo, Sustainable and Kanojo
    • Hashimoto Eriko: Wasshoi B! (17ki ver)
    • Hasegawa Niina: Gingham Check and Heavy Rotation
    • Hakateyama Nozomi: Everyday, Katyusha and Koi Suru Fortune Cookie
    • Hirata Yuki: Enkyori Poster, Lavender Field, Nemohamo Rumor, Dakishimeraretara
    • Hotei Moka: LOVE TRIP, Moto Kare Desu, Avocado Jane~shi...
    • Masai Mayuu: Heavy Rotation and 365nichi no Kamihikouki
    • Mizushima Miyuu: Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka?, Baby! Baby! Baby!, Shonichi, Shoujotachi yo, Manatsu no Sounds Good!
    • Yamazaki Sora: 11gatsu no Anklet, Namida no Hyomen Choryoku, Shidare Yanagi, Nagiichi
    Actually there are 16 question, you can read the first 10 for free and the rest with 48times member account. I'm not confident in translating so maybe someone with better Japanese skill will help us translate the full interview.
    I've found full 10 question translated for:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  19. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I knew that newby called oshimen randomly. [hehe]

20. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    At least we know that she is trying to smile more and her can't smile (or don't like) character is not an act.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1