Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think that was in reference to Miichan's comment on Sayonara Mouri-san. It was really brief, but after Ran-chan's segment, Miichan said "Ganbatta ne!" (you worked hard, didn't you!). Ran-chan tweeted about it as well saying "Minegishi-san's 'Ganbatta ne' may have only been a brief phrase, but it made me really happy."

https://twitter.com/_RanRan_K/status/1553004692673687553

I actually don't know about how much they interacted because I became a Ran-chan fan in late 2020, when Miichan was already out of AKB48, but after all, they were part of the same team for a long time. Ran-chan must surely look up to Miichan as a former senpai and captain.

• Like Like x 2
  2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well Ranchan did buy Miichan a gift when she graduated
    [​IMG]

Something Yokoyui forgot and was clearly rather embarrassed about
    While Hinana had bought Miichan a gift from the same shop Miichan was giving out gifts from :)
    [​IMG]

But the fact that Ranchan thought that just one simple (off screen) remark was important enough to tweet about tells us something I think.

oops .. I assumed the fanclub version of the weekly schedule would be the same as the twitter one
    [​IMG]

it isn't ;)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. UntilYou_FindMe

UntilYou_FindMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I'm also a late comer when it comes to the newer kids, but I remember that Miichan said that she loved Ran-chan's enthusiasm for dance (she says she loves dancing in her introduction, doesn't she?) and that she saw her younger self in Ran-chan
    I think it was in Miichan's 2019 Seitansai, the 191122 one

I saw it today from my archives in a fit of Miichan nostalgia :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I saw this clip, but without subs ....
    with subs ... well, watch for yourself :)

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I'm crying, why is she so funny:lol:So glad that now she has definitely found her balance with work/ regular programs and new projects

Btw I was actually thinking recently, but Miichan was like, the rich aunt of Team K and sister groups (considering how many tweets of hands me down clothes as presents from Miichan I've seen by young members... even from HKT randomly)... Plus let's all remember the Dior perfumes she got for all the Team K members at her graduation stage:XD:

6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'm pretty sure her saying she doesn't earn as much might be true to some extent.
    but I also read somewhere that MiiMama did her finances, and I have the idea that Miichan was on an allowance and has learned to be frugal when needed, she just might have some nice cash stuffed away somewhere

and, she did land a regular TV job with Sayonara Mourisan and is busy as a bee

but the main point is that she now has a variable income depending on the number of jobs she lands and in that regard AKB was safe.

she does have a rather rich boyfriend :)
    (to be honest if Miichan ever wanted to turn into a golddigger, there were rumours some years back that the CEO of an IT company was very enamoured with Miichan and he was positively loaded :) )

btw, I'm pretty sure most of the dresses she wears on tv are loaners .... even though she did have a whole room filled with clothes.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Yesterday I saw the new 'Bullet Train' movie (a bit trashy IMO but Brad Pitt is very good :D) and there's a character in it called Minegishi (played by actor Shimamoto Nobuaki) who's a crime boss. I've just checked that the character appears in the novel 'MariaBeetle' by Isaka Koutarou on which the movie is based and he does. The novel was written in 2010 - was Isaka a closet fan of Miichan and chose her surname? Who knows! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Unlike Sashihara Minegishi is a moderately used surname, not as much as Takahashi which is ranked #2 I think (ok, it was #3), but there are other persons called Minegishi on Wikipedia

I think I read somewhere that there are only about 300 people with the surname Sashihara in Japan :)
    (I must add, there a loads and loads of surnames)

峯岸
    This is the 2086th most common Japanese surname.
    source: https://www.kanshudo.com/name/峯岸

高橋
    This is the 3rd most common Japanese surname.
    https://www.kanshudo.com/name/高橋

ow, Takamina's name transliterates as 'highbridge' :)
    Minegishi is 'summitshore'? 'coastpeak'?

9. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    It's a fun thought, especially since back then literally everyone had an AKB oshi[hehe]
    I was amazed when I saw Miichan's uncut version of AKB 600 sec and how many times she got stopped in the street by people that recognized her!! Good old times

10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    article about what Miichan does to turn things around
    source: https://ar-mag.jp/articles/-/13608
    "Attractive women are good at rewarding themselves and switching feelings!"
    I'm 100% certain Miichan will love that sentence, I mean the 'attractive' part, she's been called ugly in the past way too often, she deserves to enjoy being called attractive

scan of the article in print
    [​IMG]

btw, I still think that where there are lots of pairings in AKB like atsumina or yuina or mogion ... I never heard one with Miichan (ok, there is WMinami)
    But it's kinda well known she's best friends with Takamina, Kojiharu, Yuko, Acchan en Sasshii.

Which then turn out to have some other oshimen :/
    I remember the AKBingo special where they went to a highschool because there was a big fan there.
    Turned out he wasn't there so Bad Boys improvised .... they asked the kids who their oshimen was, all the AKB member got 1 or more .... Miichan .... zero :(

11. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    That's true which is sad, but in a way it was the feeling of still going on and being awesome that made her stand out... At least in my eyes at the time[hehe]

People always tended to go towards the queen bees of the time or the underdog, but in a way or another Miichan felt like everyone's friend which ended up being what dragged in a lot of support (at least, speaking for myself:^^;:[hehe])

There are so few Miichan pairs and I can't understand why?? SasshiMii and MiiYuki are always overlooked, so as WMinami... And I still can't believe people can't see how great Yuihan and Mii were together:glare: still thinking of the final MC on the 12th anniversary where Yuihan noticed Miichan crying alone and was concerned in the sweetest way possible and that Melisma MC that was so funny

12. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'm personally not sure about MiiYuki, I know they were both part of Sankon, but the only pairing for Yukirin to me is Mayuyu .... Yukirin doesn't seem really close with anyone ... whereas Miichan was close with everyone :)

MiiYuko otoh really is a thing, those two get along like two pees in a pod ... I remember when Miichan showed up as fake-gouriki at Yuko's mechaike graduation tour ... you could see Yuko's face light up.
    And Yuko was the one that tried to cheer Miichan up right before the 2013 SSK when Miichan was scared out of her wits.

Takamina is Miichan's big sister, where she stayed overnight and borrowed underwear from when she forgot to bring clean ones and had a toothbrush
    (btw, Miichan's bath room had a cup full of toothbrushes, for sure owned by members that sometimes stayed over)
    Kojiharu, Miichan makes her happy, you can always see that, and Miichan looks to her for advice
    Sasshii .... those two are just mates with the same skillsets who can play off one another and enjoy each others company.
    Mariko is Miichan's even bigger sister, who like most 1st gens protected her.

I'm probably a terrible AKB fan, but I watched a part of Miichan's gradcon yesterday, and when Yuihan showed up I thought "o, yeah, you were in AKB as well ... I kinda forgot about you" which is really undeserved :oops:

13. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    How fast time passes, now it's Naachan that steals underwear from Miichan and doesn't give it back[hehe][hehe] Like she confessed in that Sleep endurance episode

I SEE THAT
    But the time before Mii graduated made me realize that those two 100% got closer as the only two original gens and they are a freaking comic duo... Yukirin is definitely a bit awkward with people and senpais especially, but it made me happy for both of them to see them having so much fun at the MiiYuki stages

Definitely... It's even kinda heartwarming to see them having so much fun and also I remember a random program they met after graduation where they played a game similar to "Lupus in Fabula" (or maybe it's more famous with the name of Mafia... Here we don't call it like that for obvious reasons) in which they needed to decide who to get together with in the game, and Sasshi immediately asked Miichan to be good friends forever[hehe]:cute:

I know I'm probably the only crazy one that likes their friendship, but it was seriously adorable... Yuihan gets a little silly when she's with Mii since they are same age and there's no need to be all composed

14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan's manager shared a short video from after the broadcast of Hirunandesu (which of course I can't share here)

but I can place a screenshot
    [​IMG]
    :inlove:
    M&S twitter
    https://twitter.com/ms_staff/status/1557578256026828800
    Mourisan's twitter
    https://twitter.com/shinobumouri/status/1557571594054418432
    [​IMG]
    and Miichan and Mourisan as a gif
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan posted three things in the fanclub
    1. "a new type of work has started"
    2. "I hope everyone will enjoy it"
    3. "I'm going to practice"
    now I'm really curious :)

Miichan visited House of Hermes together with Mikichan and Makochan (well, those two appear first but they mention Miichan when entering, so I'm guessing they were together)
    Mikichan is probably Miichan's favourite minechiru (although for sure she loves them all)

I'll never cease to be amazed on the closeness of all these ex-members
    (and how Miichan seems to be a big part of the glue that sticks them all (origen and later gens) together)

Miion an Miichan appeared on the same TV sahow
    [​IMG]
    https://tver.jp/episodes/ep7uwgrzgv

The program is called: Girls be Ambitious - Words that work for dreams.
    Miion really, really want to return to Kouhaku Uta Gassen .... I think that's her only big dream right now
    After Miion became Soukantoku and it was sometimes hard and she hated it (AKB), Miichan was watching and told her:
    Miion: Thanks to that I was able to enjoy being the general director

Miion later on asks Miichan (in the part where the two talk):
    "What do you want AKB to become"
    Miichan doesn't say 'succesfull', she says 'a group you can enjoy and be proud of'

Miichan also asks Miion what is more important, having reached Kouhaku or having worked hard to reach Kouhaku.

She later adds that something like that for a part is timing.
    I think Miichan is leaning towards that working hard is more important than actually winning, and I personally agree with that sentiment

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I just stumbled on a TV program from last year where Miichan and Mitz Mangrove talked with some kind of psychic (well, he does numerology)
    I probable should have posted this during pride week :)

the section start at around 12:25

Anyway, you can see those two are real friends .... and I love Miichan just a little bit more for it, being able to just ignore prejudices and appreciate someone for who they are.
    [​IMG]
    (and I get the feeling those two must have painted the town on more than one occasion having been able to translate some of the dialog)

Yuu-chan (Miichan's hairstylist) posted a bunch of pics on instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/p/ChHyuQGhEt1/
    the original post has some gifs as well
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Miichan's instagram, she said she was happy she was able to wear several yukata lately and asked which one we think is the prettiest
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2245976/full/
    adding to the post above, Miichan is now married to Tokai On-Air's Tetsuya.
    Miichan says he complements her well, and Tetsuya says he fell in love at first sight at Miichan on TV back when he was in Highschool.

Congrats Miichan! May they have a long and happy family life.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, Miichan always said she wanted to get married before she turned 30 :)

She did inform the fanclub members before the official announcement (but just a short time before)

I really liked the video (the director btw was ZUMI who co-directed Shukipi and Weekend Citron)
    Miichan looks happy, but she has looked happy every day since her graduation regardless of the stress having to make it on her own.
    And I think he is one of the reasons, probably the biggest reason, she's happy.
    Well, if he makes her happy then I'm happy :)

ご結婚おめでとうございます!!

a flood of ex-members congratulating Miichan on twitter, which I won't all quote (450k likes on Miichan's announcement right now)
    But Miki-chan wrote this:
    Trending on twitter
    [​IMG]

Miichan's announcement statement:
    Tetsuya's announcement statement:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  20. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Congratulations to Miichan!!! :cute:<3
    I watched the video and it was extremely sweet and cute, centering it all on her was a smart and definitely emotional choice (Good one, director!)
    Her dresses both in the video and the announcement pics were incredibly cute and fitting for her, wouldn't be surprised if it came out Shinobu had a hand in them

Now I'm desperately hoping there was a wedding reception or ceremony because I'm dying to see vlogs of graduates coming together for her... Can't be missing Takamina crying for her acquired little sister[hehe] or Sasshi and Miki-chan be the bride's maids like she said in that NON STYLE video... Or the Minegishi children in general[hehe][hehe]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1