Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    A little off topic, but there are no pictures of the late Austrian empress Sissi after a certain age, because she only wanted to be remembered as young and beautiful. The last photo of her that exists was taken at age 33, and she died at 61. I suppose some people just don't like getting old.

On the back of this, she also tweeted in response to Miichan's tweet earlier today :inlove:

"Congratulations on your wedding!
    "I wish you happiness"
    https://twitter.com/hnd_htm__1006/status/1559793346922496000

• Like Like x 2
  2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, in retrospect it worked, most people now think she looked like Romy Schneider ;)
    Did it make her happy ... I kinda doubt it

The downfall of the Austrian Empirial family is something a writer like Shakespeare might have come up with.

3. UntilYou_FindMe

UntilYou_FindMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I can see the empress Sissi wanting that, Tetsuya on the other hand...o_O:lol:

So now on the "public" side of things, we are only missing Tomochin and Yukirin's congratulations? Or maybe I missed them, but the amount of people that came out to say a message was so big that it's so hard to keep track! A well deserved big splash, if I may

Also, the comment about her legendary status made me remember one thing. I was watching the showrooms from the day of Miichan's gradcon and I remember Ma Chia Ling's comment, in which she said something along the lines that she had never seen so many people cry for a senior and that she herself started crying because of how emotional it was

She meant really a lot to so many people and its showing all the way even now that she's no longer in the group:cute::cute:

• Like Like x 3
  4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    We live in the twenty twenties ... nowadays, if women are allowed to do it ...so can man, and vice versa

That by the way was a weird thing about the calendar, and I guess it's just a stupid ommision, but Mariko-sama wasn't there, and I know Mariko, even more than Nyannyan and Takamina, sees Miichan as her little sister.
    Tomochin was there ... but apart from mutual respect, Miichan and Tomochin never seemed to be all that close, Tomochin was more with the Tomomi crowd, the stylish more posh members
    Disclaimer: this is how I perceived it, I might be completely wrong, but I've hardly seen them hang out together, that while Miichan hung out or goofed around with almost every other member including Mayuyu who has a reputation for being rather distant.

Tbh, Tomochin was kinda mean when Miichan was about to score another ugly in the AKBingo fashion show, I know it was done for effect, but I didn't like the way she laughed ... laughing at Miichan, not with her.

I do know Tomochin once said it looked like it would be fun to be with Miichan ...

ow, and it's easy to miss a tweet in the 900k replies/congratulations Miichan got :)

in other news, Miichan plans to do a live session in the fanclub, fans are already saying they are going to buy snacks and drinks for the occasion, party! :)

and ... (takes a deep breath) *Breaking News!!!!*
    It has been decided to add another handover event on 3 September as Miichan's style books sold above expectations
    the exact details will be published tomorrow, but Miichan insisted on letting the fanclub members know in advance

back to current affairs:
    Miichan replied to a post by the photographer
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1559948172411031553
    I think Miichan finally found some time to react to all the well wishers on twitter, she responded to Nyannyan and Sasshii

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Obviously we can't know for sure what goes on behind the scenes and all, but I do indeed remember Tomochin aggressively defending Miichan from bad comments when that photo just after *the fact* came out of the first gen having dinner...

Miichan was rather the social butterfly and has always been very much loved;) just remembering from the top of my head when Sasshi gave the news that Miichan was present at Mariko's graduation concert and no one knew... How happy the 1st gen looked when they called for her:cute:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    That was an adorable moment when she entered on the hand of Mariko. She was ill, and therefore unable to perform dance numbers, she looked like a little kid on the hand of her big sister.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Mind you the concert was in Fukuoka, that's even by shinkansen quite the journey.
    Luckily Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka? was exactly the fitting number for the remaining 1st gens, as they performed it also (twice) at the Tokyo Dome concert when there were still six of them

btw, the wiki says/said that Miichan perform only one number but that's incorrect, she was on stage for another non-dance number.

ow wait the text in the wiki is 'However, she participated from Yuuhi wo miteiru ka? on Day 2' which is kinda true, but not entirely :)

iirc she only was on stage for Namida no Sei Janai, during Ue Kara Mariko, which followed, Takamina was in Miichan's spot
    (if Miichan had been able to dance for sure she would have taken that spot, it's her best A-side spot ever)
    (and of course she was on stage for Mariko's final sendoff )

I would have to rewatch the whole concert starting from Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka? to be sure btw

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  7. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I think you're right, she definitely wasn't there for Pioneer and in the end she appeared for Mariko's grad song and then dipped for obvious reasons...

Unfortunately those concerts are way too big for my hard drive, or else I would have hold onto them in any way possible:chuffed:

8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    After 'Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka?' it's UZA and Beginner without Miichan, but ok, she was demoted to kenkyusei ... so that could be the reason right?
    Well after a short MC the set completely changes and next up are the kenkyusei with Party ga hajimaru yo ... and that also doesn't doesn't have Miichan

(it does have imho the best bunch of kenkyusei ever ;))

she then should have been in Ai no Imi wo Kangaete Mita during the encore as she was an undergirl
    (that's why she wears that uniform when on the third day of the Tokyo Dome concerts of that tour all kenkyusei get promoted to team 4)

After Namida no Sei Janai you don't see Miichan anymore, she wasn't even there backstage when the members toasted on Mariko's graduation.

btw, if you watch closely you see Miichan wear flesh coloured rather thick stockings, I think normally they would have made her stay in bed, this must have been a way to keep het at least a bit warm.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  9. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Also the upper dress had long black lace sleeves... That they later on cut into short sleeves, so that's quite a spot on guess, it must have been quite cold up on the stage

Agree, the kenkyuusei performances from that time were definitely some of the best, not to talk about the Kenkyuusei concert that Miichan and Kaotan hosted:cute:
    That concert has a special spot in my heart, even if the wig game was quite terrible back then
    Still wondering why they didn't let Miichan keep the first wig she had for the kenkyuusei LOD, the short hairstyle that looked snatched right off Acchan's head (/jk)

10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan's voice was completely gone at the start of the AKB group kenkyusei concert .... I'm sure backstage some people started worrying :)
    Luckily she regained it at the first MC .....
    It is still a weird sight ... all the AKB kenkyusei 13th, 14th gen ... and then there's Miichan, 1st gen :)
    In a way Miichan was both 1st gen and 13th gen.

tbh, that first wig was awful .... the later wigs weren't much better tbh
    She must have been glad when it grew to at least a pixie cut and she could go without, it must have itched like crazy.

Togasaki-san congratulated Miichan

11. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Miichan replied this to Shinobu's congratulations

That's a next level of using every resource possible, Miichan is one powerful woman[hehe]

12. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    It's known Shinobu had favourites amongst the members, it was a point of (maybe valid) criticism when she was general manager.
    Judging by her gradcon dres(ses) I'm guessing Miichan was one of them.
    She also appeared in the LOOK BOOK video.
    Miichan was also able to borrow the original UZA costume for a YT vid (ok, she was still a member then)

btw, Miichan is now replying to those congratulatory posts of people she knows :)
    taking time to write something personal in most cases
    I remember the danso eposide where they ended up as a really cute couple
    btw, Miichan went golfing not so long ago

13. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Considering she got both a ribbon and a beret to her desire and also one of the most articulate grad dress designs I've ever seen[hehe]

To be honest, I was pretty worried she would have gotten a generic white dress, those that remind me more of a wedding dress rather than an idol's, but Shinobu delivered with that red checkered pattern
    Also I'm wondering if Miichan's dress helds the record of "heaviest graduation dress" because she could barely move with it

But definitely it's my favorite grad dress, closely followed by Yuria's
    As expected, Team 4 cap/vice cap combi[hehe]

14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'm arguing Miichan got two graduation dresses, the Densetsu no Sakana dress would be a valid graduation dress for most occasions, and I like it a lot.

but yeah, the 'tartan' dress should have been fitted with support wheels :)
    And then Miichan wore high heels as well, its totally understandable she swapped those heels for some nice comfy tiger patterned big slippers for the aftertalk:)

Shinoubu Mouri-san congratulated Miichan, Miichan responded:
    So, we can now assume Tetsuya saw Miichan for the first time in AKBingo?? ;)

honto ni! ..... there is just a flood of online article about the marriage, too many to mention

but I'll quote this tidbit
    I guess she got used to Miichan, because she in the past stated that she would like her husband to call her Minami, or she just doesn't care because he says it and that makes it alright.

I think I've read tweets where people who know them personally say that they are a cute and funny couple.

I'll just dump a bunch of links here, so you can read them yourselves if you want
    https://www.chunichi.co.jp/article/529570
    https://www.chunichi.co.jp/article/527741
    https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/202208190000449.html
    The ones about het apperance one 'hernandez' are kinda funny, as she was asked what kind of person she would like to marry....
    But at the time of filming she was already married :)

The press also noticed Miichan replied to a lot of tweets
    https://smart-flash.jp/entame/196416/1

Tetsuya posted on instagram thanking all the people who made the wedding shots possible
    https://www.instagram.com/p/ChZjCbvvPJh/
    I think some people will be surprised Miichan didn't use her regular sources like Yuu-chan for her hair and Waka-chan for the cake, but I'm sure there's a good reason for that.
    And no, Shinobu did not make the dress, it's a regular bridal dress company

ow, Miichan has a more eleborate version
    https://www.instagram.com/p/ChZcY9WP4IR/
    "His symbolic orange and my favourite light blue. And a gingham check, with a slight AKB48 feel to it." :inlove:

Juu-chan liked the post, so I'm sure there are no bad feelings there

[​IMG]
    Why is everything Miichan does so laden with intricate details :)
    I was wondering what 'the boys' meant, but it turns out Tetsuya is also a cat person :)
    orange camera. blue mike
    impeccable styling across the board
    The Calendar in the video has some extra references to the AKB members in their appointment times.
    e.g. Miicon 15:48 ... 15th gen AKB48
    The times of the Tokai on Air members are their birthdates
    (and yeah it seems Tetsuya messed up some Kanji (of the Tokai on Air members) :) )

Aya who did Miichan's nails posted this
    https://www.instagram.com/p/ChYysWLpXrJ/
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
  15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I was just thinking, seeing the huge amount of attention her marriage got, how many who bullied Miichan in high school (to the level that Miichan didn't want to go to school anymore) will now proudly proclaim the went to school with her?

16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Now that they've officially tied the knot there seems to be no reason for friends not to share pics of Miichan and Tetsuya together
    [​IMG]
    source: https://twitter.com/takeyakii/status/1560989187943579648

I don't know the reason, but suddenly Miichan is extremely busy ;)
    https://twitter.com/iikoto_kiita/status/1561201427308916737
    [​IMG]
    writeup of the radio show in Nikkan Sports
    https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/202208210000497.html
    So now we know it was AKBingo and the exact episode it was that made Tetsuya fell for Miichan :)

also: https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/202208210000608.html

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Miichan was on today's edition of 'Wide na Show' (11:20-21:06, credit to uploader):

• Like Like x 2
  18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I already saw a clip on twitter, an exchange with Matsumoto .... didn't get much of it, but I did hear the word 'monk' being used several times.
    But coming from him, who obviously sees Miichan's talent and gave her career post AKB quite a boost with Woman's Mental and knowing he has the matching haircut (and probably joked about himself as well) it ok.

funny how they did a mini reveal by keeping Miichan out of the shot until her introduction :)

I have a feeling there must be quite a lot of producers who wished they had booked Miichan for a program this week :)

That tweet by Tetsuya from 2014 where he proclaimed he would date Miichan after the dating ban was lifted is getting to be quite legendary
    (he also said idols are amazing as they allow you to have fantasies)

I'm pretty certain he could never have imagined it to become a reality after all

Miichan looked relaxed and happy, she just soaks up the attention and radiates it back :)
    [​IMG]

ow, the background music on that bit is Kimi ni Koi wo Shita

Matsumoto and Miichan play so well of each other ..... and, that silly happy grin Miichan sports :inlove:

an almost 20 minute segment dedicated to Miichan, Shaku would be proud :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    That's a surprisingly cheesy comparison, to call Tetsuya "Miichan's zero position"[hehe]

She looks extremely happy and busy this week and she will be so for at least a couple other weeks (@jam EXPO coming up next weekend and then the stylebook release) so I'm really happy for her:cute:

Speaking of positions and centers, yesterday I was watching an old LOD and there was Mii complaining that she always got the Green and Orange outfits and never the pink ones whenever there was to divide the outfits between members...
    Now, call me a bad fan, but I can't for the life of me name more than 2 outfit of hers that were Green or Orange??? All her iconic outfits are pink or blue:lol: (in Reset she always had the pink ones for sure!)

20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Mogi-chan posted this pick of the online handshake
    [​IMG]

I had to look twice before realising that that's not Miichan in the back :D

The Gyaukten Oujisama costume would like a word with Miichan ;)

old AKBingo (or maybe even AKB 0ji 59fun) clip of Miichan dissing Sata (instigated by Kiyoto)

if the video does not show watch the video here

[​IMG]
    burn :)

• Informative Informative x 1