Stage48 - United Kingdom

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by xxdelta, Jun 2, 2013.

1. fortunehime

fortunehime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Most likely! The music lineup seems like it's going to be an exciting one this year - Dempagumi.inc is a possibility.

2. The Pum

The Pum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Awesome! We should rendezvous or something?

3. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    Hi everyone! The next meetup will be on Sunday 31st May. Further details to follow :)
    If you are interested and have not attended previous meetups, please pm me.

4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Hi from a UK newbie, I've just found this part of the forum. Yesterday I made an introductory post in the thread on the main board, so just to say that I got into Jpop in general and AKB48 in particular when I paid my first-ever visit to Japan in late March this year.

I've definitely now become a firm lover of anything Japanese. I watch NHK World on Sky almost every day (including the regular music shows J-Melo and Tokyo Girls Update) and I'll be attending Hyper Japan in July where I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Eir Aoi perform.

AKB48 doesn't fit in particularly well with the sort of music I normally like but I can't help myself being a fan! I don't quite know what it is which has drawn me into the group, maybe it's the songs which stick in my head after having listened to them just a couple of times, or perhaps it's the personalities and appearances of the members (especially Mayuyu, my favourite). Whatever, their music is currently helping me get through another rainy Monday morning...

5. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Hi and welcome. You were in Tokyo end of March? We may have crossed pathes as I was there for Refrain & Green Flash handshake events and Anta Dare at the café!

6. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Hi, thanks for your welcome! Yes I was in Tokyo late March and indeed our paths may have passed closely. I found myself outside the AKB48 Cafe and Shop in Akihabara where it looked like that some sort of event was about to start inside but I had no idea what it might be. So just yesterday I posted in the Question and Answer thread to ask about what was happening. The EXIF timestamp on a photo a took there was 16.45 local time on March 27th and the reply I got was that an edition of Anta Dare was about to start. This is the link to my post thread (and my photo thumbnail):

http://www.stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/akb48-question-answer.95/page-532#post-1033287

Where you there at that time? I might just have seen you going in!

Did you go to the Spring Shuffle the night before at the Saitama Super Arena? I only discovered about it more recently. I'd love to see the group up close and I do plan to return to Japan next year but getting into events does seem to involve a lot of hassle.

(and I've just thought on to ask you - which members did you see in Anta Dare?)

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  7. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Ah, 27th, I didn't queue for that show but I was in Akiba around then with a friend.

Nah, I actually arrived the day of the Spring concert but too late since I didn't reach my hotel until about 5pm. Depends what you mean by hassle with regards to events. To those that go, it is well worth it.

Members at Andare I saw in the March/April trip-

2nd April: Moechan (Aigasa Moe), Yuami (Yumoto Ami), Hinana (Shimoguchi Hinana) and Moekyun (Goto Moe).
    6th April: Aamin (Maeda Ami), Miyabi (Iino Miyabi), Chiichan (Nakata Chisato) and Kayoyon (Takita Kayoko).
    7th April: Wakanyan (Natori Wakana), Shiichan (Oya Shizuka), Hinana (Shimoguchi Hinana) and Yuami (Yumoto Ami).
    9th April: Komiharu (Komiyama Haruka), Mizuki (Tsuchiyasu Mizuki), Maki (Tatsuya Makiho) and Nissy (Nishiyama Rena).

8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Wow, you were lucky to see 16 different members! As for 'hassle', for a start I'm sure it would help me very much if I were to have a go at learning Japanese and I intend to do that soon. I guess you can speak it quite well at least? (As an aside, I once managed to get to meet an Italian pop star called Laura Pausini who I'm a big fan of as I was able to ask in reasonably good Italian to her father who I recognised at the theatre where I attended her concert.)

And yes I do believe it would be worth it to attend an AKB48 event, it's just that as a newbie it all seems to me to be so crazy difficult. But I'm 90% certain I will revisit Japan next spring, and I do wonder if somehow I'll find myself at such an event out there...

9. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

I can get by (prepare things before hand) but I by no means speak Japanese well at all. Too many people (especially on this forum - pleas do not listen to these people) think that not knowing Japanese will prevent them from having a good experiance. This isn't the case at all!

10. kaykay

kaykay Kenkyuusei

Hi everyone, I just found this thread. It's nice to know there are lots more UK 48g fans. I had no idea! I first became a fan in 2013 after seeing the video for Koi suru fortune cookie and was lucky enough to visit Tokyo in September 2014. I wanted to go to an event but there was nothing on. But it's nice to meet you all :)

11. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

@kaykay Welcome and nice to meet you! Great to see you are a Komi-chan oshi, a very good choice there. Any questions about her and how she is in person, feel free to ask :)

Yourself and @David61 are welcome to the meet in London too in case you may have missed @xxdelta 's post :)

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  12. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Hi @David61 and @kaykay! :D
    Great to meet some more fans!

I was with @Li Li in Japan this Mar/Apr and you can check out who I met in the Experiences thread. Too many to list!

As Li Li said, please feel free to join us at a meet up in the near future! :)

13. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Hi everyone! I've lurked this forum a lot but never found the courage to make a post until now!
    I'm minae (pronounced min-A), I'm a 17 year old girl currently studying Fashion Design, Costume Design and Creative Directing. I love to dance and play the guitar, and I like to watch idol groups, anime and play video games in my spare time! I hope to make lots of UK idol friends!

1. Where are you from in the UK?
    I'm from London! I was born here~ I currently live in East London ^^;
    2. How did you get into AKB?
    I got into AKB after watching one of their video's on youtube, I think back in 2010! I'm a huge fan of Hello!Project, but during that time the franchise was becoming quite dull, and the 48 groups looked really interesting! With the revival of H!P and the new girls in 48G, I follow both Hello!Project and 48Groups activities!
    3. Which members are your favourites?
    My favorite member will always be Acchan, but my current favorite girls are Yamamoto Sayaka and Shimazaki Haruka!

As most of you know, the MCM expo is in town once again~ I'll be cosplaying as Sonoda Umi from Love Live! School Idol Project on the Saturday and Kojiharu from AKB0048 on the Sunday! If you see one of them walking around awkwardly, feel free to say hi! :^^;::blush:

I'll also be at Hyper Japan in July as well! :banana:

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  14. fortunehime

fortunehime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Welcome! And ah, I'll be cosplaying Honoka in her Bokura Wa Ima No Naka De outfit on Sunday! Come find me, we should get a picture together ^^. I'll also be at Hyper Japan - are you excited for any of the musical acts? I'm super excited to see Dempagumi.inc and Heisei Kotohime =w=.

15. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Since she's been confirmed recently, got to be May J. Eir AOi, TGS and Dempa should be good to see too!.
    Wonder if the Asobi system girls will be coming again?

16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    This page has recently appeared in the News section of the Hyper Japan website:

http://hyperjapan.co.uk/uncategorized/meet-greet-up-close-and-in-person-with-the-performers/

I like the following text :):

I too am a fan of Eir Aoi, TGS, Dempagumi and May J, it'll be great if I can get to meet them! Maybe also Heisei Kotohime who are still very new to me but I do like their song 'Otome Kakumei'.

17. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

I'd like to meet the person who wrote that and set them straight. Maybe I should show them my signed cards I got from the girls in March :p
    Meet and greet could be good (with Hyper Japan it isn't always the case :p ). More so with May J., been following her since her early days!

18. The Pum

The Pum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    I have a proposal.

Basically I want every netshop murashige anna photos from now on. Of course you have to proxy buy from there which incurs service and delivery charges. But multi buy could drive the price down? Does anyone else do this or is anyone interested in doing this? So if I buy a load, get it shipped by a proxy and then when it gets to me I mail them out from the UK to the respective buyer. Worth doing?

I guess there's the issue of tax though...

19. fortunehime

fortunehime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I'd be interested! And I think you can avoid tax if you ask the proxy to mark it as a gift.

20. The Pum

The Pum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Ah ok! And there's a 35 quid limit for gifts I think? When the next round comes up I'll give you a nudge, and whoever else is interested!