Stage48 - United Kingdom

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by xxdelta, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

@Soviet Sandwich She was incredibly shy in the beginning but has certainly come out of her shell a lot more especially of late. Once her kennin takes place, expect to see more of her in AKB's programming for sure.

What other members do you like? is it a case of mostly SKE or a mix from all groups?

I'm not sure when the next meetup will be but it will be posted here by the group's boss lol

2. Soviet Sandwich

Soviet Sandwich Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    @Li Li Yeah, it's nice to see her starting to come out of her shell. I look forward to seeing how she does as a kennin in AKB.

A mix of all the groups, so i like a very large amount of members.

Ahh okay, i'll make sure to come when one does happen.

3. Oh! I realised I never answered the questions!

1. Where are you from in the UK?
    I'm from Ol Brum.
    2. How did you get into AKB?
    Well, since I decided be going to Japan next year, I thought to myself when I first decided a couple years ago 'Hey! I don't know anything about Japan's pop culture really. How many artists do I know Japan? Koda Kumi? Utada Hikaru? Namie Amuro? Ayumi Hamasaki? Nah, I need to see who's the most popular. It's all about idol groups now isn't it? I'll have a look at this AKB48 and Perfume. Yeah, they're topping the charts right now.' And from then, I listened to 1830m at the time and I was like 'Nah I don't like this much.' And I didn't listen again. I can't remember what sparked me to give them a better chance, but when I did, I realised AKB48 is more than just solely the music. It's variety shows, dramas, interviews, performances. It's so dedicated. And usually I just downloaded the album and maybe watched a couple of videos. But with AKB48,t hey're so cash cow that there's AKB EVERYTHING. I was hooked before I knew it.
    3. Which members are your favourites?
    Well, Furuhata Nao is my favourite for some reason. I love her. I don't know how it happened considering I don't pay much attention to SKE, but she is. Second is Tanaka Miku. HKT are my favourite group by far.

4. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    @Soviet Sandwich - hi and welcome! :D

Uha is someone I would love to meet, she seems to have improved a massive amount.
    I also like a large number of members, anyone in particular from the other groups? Atm I am on a Nogizaka binge so focsuing on them and AKB, but I follow all the groups and as many members as I can conceivably remember...

Hopefully a meet will happen next month, we are nearing our anniversary! :)

5. Soviet Sandwich

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    @Yukitie Thank you!

Yeah, I think she's improved a lot which is nice to see.
    I guess i do have members that stand out to me from each group, like for HKT there's Sasshi, Sakura and Jiina. AKB there's Kizaki Yuria, Mukaichi Mion, Okada Nana and Paruru. For SKE asides from Uha of course, there's Jurina, Rena (although she's graduating), Tani Marika and Suda Akari. As for NMB there's Mirurun, Milky, Kinoshita Momoka and Sayaka. There's plenty more that i like though. I'm also a Nogizaka fan but I've been more focused on the 48 groups at the moment, but my favourite member from Nogizaka is Ikuta Erika.

Ahh okay, good to know that a meet may happen soon.

6. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    I didn't even know a thread like this existed! :cute:

Greater West London

I knew of them when Heavy Rotation was making its rounds on the internet, but thought it was just a typical cutsey Japanese group. Then I heard UZA and I was like ":shock:...this is actually pretty good..." Finally I came across Shoujiki Shougi on YouTube, which lead me to AKB 1ji 59fun and the rest kinda snowballed from there. 4 months down the line and I haven't looked back :D

3. Which members are your favourite?

My kami-oshi is Oba Mina. I have a list as my sig of other members that I like from the group, and I personally don't call them "XX (Group) - Oshi", but if I had to choose one to represent the sisters: AKB-Okada Nana: the "majime" character I haven't seen in any of the other girls that I know of, so she was quite refreshing; HKT-Murashige Anna: I'm not usually into "guigui" characters, but Murashige somehow manages to make it endearing rather than annoying; Nogizaka46-Shiraishi Mai: Every time Kuroishi appears on NOGIBingo I always burst out laughing!; NMB-Jonishi Kei: Just one phrase won me over from Geinin: "Aho ka, shine, baka"...I think I'm slightly M...

7. The Pum

The Pum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Shige-chan eh! Welcome to the thread! Nice to have you here :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

8. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    haha yeah, she won me over from hakata hyakkaten [hehe] and cheers! It's cool to know of other AKB fans in the UK :D

9. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    @MeoJim - hello and welcome! :D

Love to see another Keicchi fan, she is stunning and talented and needs so much more than she gets! One of the girls I met this year and just so so beautiful.
    We have a Naachan oshi here :) I met her in March too and she is really lovely, a very caring person to meet.

Hope you can come to a future meet! Hoping to arrange one as soon as some of the gang are around again :)

10. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @Yukitie Hopefully I'll be around for the next meet! Been reading up on the others in this thread, so sounds like a lot of fun, especially if karaoke's involved :p Prepared to be blown away by unheard-of vocal talent*! ;)

*Listeners discretion is advised. This is not at all based on fact but on the opinion of one individual, who has yet to sing to anyone except close family members with very biased opinions. Participation in such event and overall results depends on the amount of alcohol consumed by this individual. [hehe]

11. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    @MeoJim - I don't think we've been to karaoke in a while, which is a shame! Would love to go again soon! :p My own vocal talent is legendary* ;)

*Not according to my family and my own ears... but apparently I do a mean version of 'Bird' when I try really hard... there's also a 'Yume no Kawa' that I sing with someone with great feeling...

Hopefully arranging the next meet for September, give or take. :)

Just had a look at your signature - YUKI! Sayanee! Shu! Ikutan! *thumbs up*
    I follow and like too many girls to put into a signature these days... will see if it fits later :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Next meetup will take place on Saturday 3rd October. Just like every year, we will have a Janken tournament! Please could those who can confirm they are attending nominate 3 girls (any active member in AKB/NMB/SKE/HKT/NGT/JKT/SHN) and comment below. It will also be the London group's 3 year anniversary!

Entered members: Kizaki Yuria, Shiroma Miru, Miyawaki Sakura, Aigasa Moe, Komiyama Haruka, Kitazawa Saki, Takajo Aki, Iwasa Misaki, Fujie Reina, Okada Nana, Nishino Miki,Fuchigami Mai, Yokoyama Yui (Team A) Sato Sumire, Ishida Haruka, Murashige Anna, Tanikawa Hijiri, Kitahara Rie, Takahashi Minami, Kojima Haruna, Minegishi Minami, Kashiwagi Yuki, Owada Nana, Jonishi Kei, Shimazaki Haruka, Ogino Yuka, Ichikawa Miori, Kinoshita Momoka, Shimada Haruka, Jo Eriko, Kimoto Kanon, Sashihara Rino, Takayanagi Akane, Kumazawa Serina, Motomura Aoi, Yamauchi Yuna, Taniguchi Megu, Kitagawa Ryoha, Kojina Yui, Oota Aika, Tani Marika, Yokoyama yui (Team 8), Oba Mina, Oya Masana, Shibata Aya

Please note that you cannot pick the members that have already been selected.
    The Pum's choices have been added*
    Soviet Sandwich's choices added*
    *Meo Jim's choices added*

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  13. The Pum

The Pum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    I'll be coming. Murashige, Sakura and Fuchigami Mai.

14. fortunehime

fortunehime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Ah, those three have already been taken ;__; The list is of members already claimed!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

15. The Pum

The Pum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    My bad! Shouldn't have quickly skipped over it.

Kumazawa Serina, Motomura Aoi, Yamauchi Yuna

16. Soviet Sandwich

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    I'll be attending! Also, the girls i nominate are: Taniguchi Megu, Kitagawa Ryoha and Kojina Yui.

This will be my first time attending one of the meet ups so i was just wondering if there's anything I need to know? Like if there's a regular meet up spot or anything.

17. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Regular meeting point for everyone will be outside Piccadilly Circus 'Boots', will post the meet time nearer the time :)

18. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    I'd like to confirm! My first time attending too! [hehe]

I'd like to nominate Oba Mina, Oya Masana and Shibata Aya, and with me I'll bring the full might of SKE!!!!!!!!

Now to start an unhealthy diet of eating Lucky Charms everyday for breakfast :p

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  19. fortunehime

fortunehime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    This is by no means essential, but if you collect photos its always nice to bring them along - there's a number of members of our small community with quite impressive photo collections, and trading can be good fun!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

20. Maji!?

Maji!? Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie

Brighton, but my family lived in the West Country when I was growing up and that's what I sound like.

I think I started watching AKBingo when I was ill with Norovirus, it helped me cheer up.

3. Which members are your favourites?

My oshimen is Kitahara Rie, I try my best to support her remotely as best I can; voting in the SSK, writing letters each month, translating blogs etc. Beyond Rie, I'm very MD tbh, but my top 5 in AKB is Juri, Chori, Maachun, Tomu and Okada Nana. In HKT; Sasshi, Haruppi, Natsumikan, Nako and Umechan. I'm not so into SKE and NMB these days, especially with Rena now gone, but I still love Sayaka, Nagisa, Churi and Rion. I'm focusing most of my interest on NGT at the moment for the obvious reason.

I'm going to try and come to the next meeting, not sure if I can make it, but I'd definitely like to. The member nomination, what's it for? But as you said any currently active member is OK, I choose Takahashi Juri, Tani Marika and Nakanishi Chiyori.