TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 5 (2015/08/24 - 2015/10/27)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Togasaki, Jul 17, 2015.

1. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think old rappappa members know who the new ones are if they're not too far removed from the time they graduated. And I guess there's some sort of kinship among them. And this goes double or triple for the leader. Sort of like how an alumni club president of better yet a fraternity president would know who the next one was or even the one after. At least that's how it is in many asian countries.

Salt and Center seemed to know each other from the short hospital scene in MG4. And yes they talked only once -- that we now of. Doesn't mean they didn't talk or knew each other well that we didn't see. I think we just have to accept the premise that they knew each other enough for jurina to do all the things she did in MG5.

Also, Nezumi seemed to be aware of Salt's fighting prowess in MG4 saying she was a monster so it's not farfetched that she may know salt. She did bother to watch the salt v sakura fight. And even if that's not the case, it's not illogical for former rappappa to go to the funeral of the current rappappa head especially since she was murdered.

I still can't get over how dumb the principal's motivation was which led to all the deaths. Poor ryutou clan as they got the worst of it. Some of akechi sougyou's issues was because akechi himself was crazy. Not really sure why he killed yoshimune and yoshimune 2nd in command. And the chinese were just evil so they deserved all the they got. Anyway, the principal guy is really annoying. I feel like shooting him myself and I'm just watching the drama.

2. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Soo? It is only drama?

3. RH8

RH8 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    RH0RY

*There's missing information all over the place in this series☆。

*I too assumed Center had already graduated to become a nurse, but her conversation with Salt back in MG4 seemed to imply that they both knew each other as more than mere acquaintances/name-only basis(simply judging from the way Salt reacted to Center&how the latter was speaking to her)。

*Rivals??AKI-P seemed to be trying to sell that story:"There's no way I could forgive the one who'd killed off(?)my rival, right?"; "You see, I absolutely needed to fight/duel with her, Salt。In order to find out who was stronger"。Apparently, that's why (Revenge)she was being shady as hell all season; the affair about rebuilding a New-Rappappa since Salt was gone seemed like just something that happened conveniently along the way, since she's kinda obsessed with MajiJo&Yankeeism。

*But I still don't know why she had to re-enroll☆。Being a murderer now I'm sure she has more important matters to worry about。 

*Otabe's even more a mystery to meXD;;。

*AKI-P's writing the series all over the place&creating more holes than patches。Isn't he just having fun with screwing around with it? 

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  4. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Example for what other than MG?

5. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Now that I think back to the whole story, as well as looking at things from Nirazawa's perspective (Bad cop)

Outside of a few minor detail... This Majisuka is very well thought out.

Paruru's death is an accident, and Nirazawa uses it to his advantage.
    He play his bad cop role, and continue to urge the girls on to fight the dark forces.

Episode 4, he once said "I'm waiting for the real war to happen".
    It's clear that what he wants, has always been justice, and he knew the Majisuka and the other yankees have what it takes to bring down every single gangs out there if push comes to shove.

Chinese, Gone.
    Ryutogumi, Gone.
    Akechi, Gone.
    Politician, Gone.
    Corrupted cop, mostly gone.

EVERY, SINGLE, EVIL ORGANISATION IN SAID CITY... ANNIHILATED!
    WITH ONLY YANKEES BEING THE CASUALTIES

Nirazawa played the perfect chess game, he hold all the information, and he orchestrated... Pretty much everything after what happen to Salt.

This story is not as simple as an accident/misunderstanding... It's masterfully planned!

The story, as well as adding the fact that Majisuka 5 is a direct reflection of AKB's current situation... (Think back to how Jurina pitted the next gen into facing each other because they're not hungry enough for the chair/stairway to the top)

In some respect, this Majisuka 5, is by far and away...

The very best Majisuka Gakuen ever written.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  6. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    there's no question in my mind MG5 was the best you know I was watching season 1 and I thought as good as this is it looks something from a stage play but when I watch 5 I think to myself damn...this really looks like something made for tv and not 50 people live on broadway.I honestly had no problem with everyone being destroyed with the exception of a few because I only cared for maybe a handful of the cast if that so I was just upset with the people I wanted to live that didn't.as far as otabe goes I'm going to say her reasons for staying were probably the same as salt's which was I believe they said in episode 1 she missed too many days?i think it was her absences so probably the same for otabe

7. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

@SorrowAir That's actually really good. I can't think of a better way to try to make sense of this mess.

8. RH8

RH8 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    RH0RY
    *Sir this is brilliant☆!

9. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

And only who can really clean at others thinks about these girls are ... you know...

Are cops should keep these girls safe, don´t use them clean the table??
    Guns at use drama= lot injuries/ deaths...

But other think: MG 3 and MG5, are now darker and there also "really dark cirimanal".

10. The Seventh

The Seventh Kenkyuusei

In japan you have to study courses to prepare you for what you're taking up in college starting high school. Courses are mainly divided into arts and sciences. Most schools have only one or the other because it's costly to maintain both unless you have a massive student base. So if Shibuya had taken up arts in Majijo she might need to take science courses in a different school if she wanted to study a science course in college. Although I believe that cram school would have served her better instead of repeating high school. Remember that she only got the IT job because her mom knows the president or something.

I heard her say "Ichi-nen C-gumi no, Matsui Jurina" when she was introducing herself to the principal again.
    I agree, although we might never see what happened during the time skip. It would have been nice to see Salt's Climb to the top and Yui's descent from being a president to a heavenly queen. How Center would have responded to finding an equal match. I would have preferred that over this season's dark theme.

As a crime/suspense/mystery it is. Very much so. Can't argue with that.

I guess i just didn't like losing the old yankee style majijo. They were all deadpan serious, depressed or angry all through out. I missed seeing characters joking around(How could they when they're getting murdered?), Losing and getting stronger in the process(Here, they lose and they die), and seeing the famous Maji mode of majijo students when they really need it(Kind of lost its impact since they were already serious all the time.)

It would have been better if they had focused more on making the next generation grow, take over majijo and fight the other schools while the rappappa dealt with the yakuza(Like maeda did in S2). They would have had more time for character development and they wouldn't have needed to kill the entire next generation. If Rappappa needed help for the rescue, they could called in their their markers from Gekiokou(For saving Antonio) and Yabakune(For helping rookie and candy).

It would have been more dramatic if they didn't tell the next generation about rescuing magic. Team Hinabe and their allies will be fighting no-name yankees from Yabakune as a distraction while the rescue was ongoing. Team Hinabe will be surprised to find the yabakune club room empty and find out from one of the underlings that the yabakune leaders were out on a rescue mission. They will hurry and try to catch up but by the time they get there, it's already too late. They arrive just in time to see Sakura turn into swiss cheese. Sakura will give a few last words before she dies that will motivate the next generation.

Ah well, past is past. I'll just have to wait for the next season patiently... Or their next drama if they really intend to end the Majisuka Gakuen series like this.

11. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    when i look back on MG2 and i remember gekikara telling everyone around her yuko told her in a dream everyone would end up where yuko was so i guess we shouldn't be surprised an entire generation was wiped out because i guess gekikara kinda already told the future of yankees as if she were a prophet or something but i gotta think as i've said several times they'll definitely rebuild for another season

12. m&m

m&m Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The end of season 5 very mess up, the writer of the series is crazy, hahahah. Man, I bet nobody even dream of the fat man headmaster is salt killer before they watch episode 12. In episode 1 the shadow salt killer is very hug man and tall , the fat man headmaster too fat and short to be that shadow. Everybody is going died, too painful to see. Nobody want they oshi going died , this going make fan crazy too.

13. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Well... I think that is mistaken... Or headmaster know who it really and... No it doesn't matter anymore? Let's see?

14. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    well I guess for the headmaster it doesn't matter anymore because he's dead hehe

15. RH8

RH8 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    RH0RY
    *Actually, I remember thinking to myself that the hooded-killer looked kinda shortXD。That's why I thought it didn't feel too far-fetched when someone suggested it could've been a woman☆。

16. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I was 100% sure it was a woman and I was 100% wrong and I definitely didn't expect that old dude to dress up like a gang member from the crips or blood and go kill anyone so when I saw him I was like this can't be

17. ThetPaing_10ri7

ThetPaing_10ri7 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    This MG 5's kinda irritating to watch tho .How's Aki-P going to continue the MG series ?

18. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Or are our great tycoon new story in head... I hope that MG 6 is back basics but how it interesting to us. Now one way out is use Nogizaka46 at this? Anyway I can't believe that is him through after all.

Anyone : Who acting that blabby policeman whose almost always waiting what happens next?

19. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

I don't believe the headmaster was Salt's original killer. My belief has nothing to do with physical resemblances but with the logic of the plot.

What I'm convinced that it happen has to do with a phenomenon very common in Anime.
    I'm a huge Anime fan. I watch something between 80 to 100 current series each year (between 20 to 25 each season - every 3 months). That experience has allow me to recognize how the anime production team acts in many of their shows. It's relatively usual for a anime production to just have the complete plot written for the first 7 to 10 episodes. This happens because the production team wants to find out what the reception for that show is and then, decide if they are going to a extended season (23 to 24 episodes) or just a single season (11 to 13 episodes). What this causes, very frequently, is one of two problems:
    1 - If they wanted to create a extended season but the reception was not good, they will rush the ending, leaving, usually, many questions unanswered.
    2 - When the reception is very good and the production team decides to extend a series that was supposed to be of just 12 or 13 episodes to 23/24, many times, we end up with a huge number of "fillers".

In the case of MJ, the impression that I get is that the two last episodes are somewhat outside the normal flow of the story. In that sense, it seems to me that the headmaster was a last resource guilty person due to how the evolution of the show went. But he was by no means the only one in that position. The option to set Ren as the boss of the triads (answering a question that I don't believe it was even asked), is another clear symptom of this situation.

Now more specifically regarding Salt and her killer:
    First let's see the facts:
    Intervention of the headmaster in the show:
    1 - Talking with the Yakuza after the initial incident.
    2 - Talking with the parents.
    3 - Talking to Center's grandfather.
    4 - Talking to the girls in Rappappa's room.
    5 - Talking to the police - at the school.
    6 - Talking to the girls after leaving the school.
    7 - Talking to Otabe after leaving the school.
    8 - Last episode.

Of all these interventions only number seven (outside the last one, obviously), could be read as supporting the idea of him being the killer. On the contrary, most of them are contrary to what it is said as being his goal of getting the school rid of Yankis. In fact I ask the following simple question: He was Majijo headmaster. Couldn't he have expelled Salt and all the other Yankis, if he really wanted to?
    He was the person in the best position to expel Salt. Probably the only one that could have done it. Why would he turn to killing her? And why her? And why stop with her?

There is no way, in my mind, that he was the original killer. Probably, in the end, the lack of people alive, forced the production team to choose him for that role.

20. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    @hugoa
    Interesting theory. But if that were the case, who would you put as Salt's killer then? Li??

I agree about Ren's reveal. It served no purpose to the plot other than to shock the old men in the party lol
    Had she told Sakura some of her motive instead of taunting her before their duel, then that could have resolved her character.
    Or if Ren had a scene with Akechi then that would be more interesting.