Single AKB48 42nd [Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby] 15/12/09

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Though is not blowing my mind i do like the new single, i just hope they make an extra effort with the mv.

• Like Like x 1
  2. A(KB)gent048

A(KB)gent048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    That is totally what I am thinking!!! Especially the Suzukake part and some members does a different choreography.

3. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    For those of you complaining about the song not being tailored to Takamina enough, here's Wen48's translation of Takamina's 755 from a while ago. We were already given a hint about this song in advance, although in general, I do agree with you guys.
    "And it was announced today
    The senbatsu members for the 42nd single
    I, Takahashi Minami, was given the role of being center.
    The song is an ultimate idol song!
    Some people might think that the center is because I am graduating,
    As a member myself, I want to be able to show the back of idol Takahashi Minami to all the fans.
    Because this song is not my message song to the members
    I hope that even after graduation, the song will be sang by the members

And it will be well-liked by the fans as well."

But yeah, sadly I have to put this song in the "songs I don't like at first listen" pile. A lot of people have mentioned the reasons why I don't like it right now, so I won't mention them here. I do have to admit that Japanese songs having "WOWOW" parts in their lyrics are starting to get on my nerves though.

It could be the impression of the performance itself that's making me dislike it right now, so I'll wait until the radio rip or something. The live of 365 Nichi wasn't too bad though; it's nice seeing the girls not dancing too heavily and hearing them clearly.

4. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Emm so they decided to mix all best songs in one? XD
    really remids me of Suzukake & Maenomeri
    First time Sayaka above Jurina :^O^::^O^:
    the song is ,,okay 5/10
    Edit: the dance was soo weird (the hand thing), and they have this part when they did mae shika mukane dance XD

5. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    It's hard to start enjoying a new song when as soon as the song's aired the threads get page upon page of "THIS SONG SUCKS AND HERE'S WHY". :fp:
    Is it really that hard to just listen to the song and NOT make a compare-and-complain post? Next year people will be complaining that "THIS SONG IS BAD WHERE'S MY NEW KUCHIBIRU?!".

Maybe I haven't been on this forum long enough to learn the ropes but is it like this with every last single for every group? We can't just be happy about new songs? :confused:

6. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Pretty much typical 48 song so surprised to see so many people not liking it. Isn't this what 80% of their discography sounds like?

• Like Like x 1
  7. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Sorry but I couldn't help but agree with the comments of some people here and on 2ch. Parts of the song are a mix of the previous songs. Be my baby is unnecessarily elongated which partly destroys the flow of the song. I don't know what to say about the choreography.

It's one of those songs where I'll probably end up liking it after listening to it a lot.

8. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    By now, I like the song. It isn't my favourite song and I'll wait for the full version to judge it really.
    I love the outfits and the Wow, wow part but I dislike the slow Be my baby. That is my major negative point.
    I may am the only one, but I dislike the Sayaneee Song. It is nothing I'd be listening more often.

9. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

In hindsight, it sounds as if she didn't have much say in the song she would get, but she had to say something nice about it. Kind of like Mayu when she had to comment on KnP.

• Like Like x 1
  10. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

my hope for "Kimi wo Kimi wo Kimi wo" center & positions:
    1st row: Haruppi Megutan Milky
    2nd row: Miion Kojimako Naanya
    3rd row: Tomu Sayaya Naachan Ryoka Juri
    4th row: Komiyama Yuka Nagisa Miki Yuiri

11. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Strongly mixed feelings... A couple people before had really similar sentiments, but I forgot to quote them. One - choreo is a MESS. Strong potential, but I'm guessing they just don't have time/didn't bother to rehearse much. The choreo itself wasn't a bad set up, but the girls' lines were sloppy and I know I know, it's never been their strong suit, but with just a little more practice, they really could move in unison or at the very least, much closer to it. Two - costumes don't suit AT ALL. This song needs something sweet, something pastel with ruffles/frills lace. The orangey-red plaid is too somber for such an upbeat song. And no one should be wearing baggy pants. Three - the song itself. It's actually not bad! I love echoed lines in songs, so for me it has that ear worm potential. But it doesn't seem to suit this group of girls. This could have been an HKT A side I think, and it would have come off better.
    I think I will like this song more in successive performances, when it's more practiced and also when second costumes are out. (I'm counting on this happening, it frequently does).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  12. ariette

ariette Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I know right? No we can't be happy but you will get used to just filtering that out soon ;)

As for my first impression...
    It is exactly what Takamina warned us it will be: an idol song. I was happy with that because I want Takamina to center an idol song however I was hoping for something like First Rabbit or Shoujotachi Yo or Ai no Sonzai but whatever. And that "be my baby" move will probably look cute on tons of the other younger members. (It looks dorky on Takamina but that's cute enough for me too lol)

But as Takamina has also said
    Someone else can easily take center position in this song. Actually, I can already see it being performed in the theater and by younger members. It will also readily fit into that part of an AKB show where they dish out one idol song single after another. If that is what Takamina hopes for then so be it. :tongue:

On another note, I like working out on the treadmill to AKB songs (watching KR while running is the best!) and I'm just thinking how high I'll have to crank the speed up to match this song! :eek:

13. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    of course. you can't help but compare the upcoming single to the previous single. I mean if you compare the song they'd been releasing on 2008 - 2011. the quality of their song did seem deteriorated. hey, that's what fans are all about. it's not like we will just blindly like everything AKS offered to us. we are here to discuss our opinion about the upcoming single in the S48 "FAN FORUM" we're not hating it. I'm sure many of us will buy multiple copies of it. regardless of our "complaints" about the 42nd Single.

14. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Agreed so much with the sentiments in this thread and on 2ch.

This is more of a 10th anniversary AKB song than a Takamina grad song. The choreography is legit shit - a bunch of 20 year olds doing the "be my baby" part isn't that good looking.

I do like the song, but it's just not that note worthy, since it took me several listens just to remember the song. That's something that is a first for AKB.

On a better note, I think the rest of the Best Hits live was actually live

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

15. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I agree. I guess the fans expected more since it's Takamina's last AKB48 Single. I actually expected that it would be an AKB Single. where we could say. it won't be as great or be the same. if it wasn't Takamina on the center. just like Yuko on MaeShika/Hebirote or Acchan on Iiwake Maybe. it's like everyone could be center at it. and no one would mind that it's wasn't Takamina anymore on the center. on the first perf. Takamina blended well with the others. Takamina's "AKB" on River is still the one thing. no one in the 48G could replaced.

16. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    This is a quintessential AKB song reminiscent of Iiwake, Kimisuki and 10nen Zakura. I absolutely love it! Best A-side since Hebirote for me!
    And I don't hear the similarity with the bore that was Mae Nomeri.
    Maybe because this is not her grad song? :lol: But I agree this is not the best kind of song for her to center. She did a good job anyway, as usual.

17. nad148

nad148 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    When I first heard the intro, I was like ok not bad, but when the WOWOW part started... Damn i'm not liking this new songs... Plus the Be my baby choreography part made me face palm uuuggh..

Management surely can give takamina a much better song that suits her more than this!

It's true I prefer cool songs like beginner, uza, bwt, I also like girly idolish songs like managu, iiwake, ponytail (wich I loved since the first time I heard it) but this song has so many negatives, in my opinion anyway, so now my only hope is for this single to have a good MV

18. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

all the hype about Takamina LAST single and the fans expectation are high. When the song don't meet my expectation......its like the end of the world for me. :wall:

I think the management could do a BETTER job and find 1 song for Takamina that fits her. I guess we could look forward to the MV and covers.

19. michishige

michishige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    The song sounds like a typical single to me, it's not something special. Takamina deserved something better tbh

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

I know its difficult to find the right song that fits Takamina as a last single. On top of it, they rarely could pull it off after a successful hit of Halloween Night. It just feel unsatisfied that's all....sorry about my frustration....(gomen)

I want the management to hit a home run in the 9th inning with bases loaded with 2 outs down by 3 runs but they got a strike out instead :^^;: (batter out)

[​IMG]