Stage Team K [Saishuu Bell ga Naru] (2015/11/30 - 2018/05/15)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    This quote that had been posted here, doesn't actually change anything. We do not know when she requested the end to her concurrency. Was it in 2012? In 2013? In 2014? Or in 2015?

The fact remains that she cancelled her kennin, only to request and appear for the shonichi a few weeks later. What actually did impress me was this:

Q. Conversely, are there any juniors in AKB48 that you have expectations of?

Matsui Jurina: Mion. Because of Mion, among other factors, I resolved to return to SKE48. Until a certain point, in Team K, there were Oshima Yuko-san, Itano Tomomi-san and others, but the senpais that everyone looked up to graduated one after another, so I wanted to give my support in some way. I got Yuko's position many times too, that's how I got motivated to do my best (in Team K). Also, suddenly I was the member who had been the longest in Team K.

But then the latest shuffle happened, and I was glad that Mion came in. With Mion being the center, the occasions where she would be sandwiched between me and Sayanee would become numerous. 'This is it, to be honest I...' that's the feeling I felt. Because this is an AKB48 Team, I want a girl grom AKB48 to stand in the middle, I want the AKB48 members to pull the others along more. If that happens, the other sister groups will certainly be motivated too, that's why I thought this would be so wonderful. For them to be in a state of friendly rivaly, and for them to do their best in their respective teams.

http://akb48-matome.blog.jp/archives/51984240.html

With Jurina realizing that she stands in the way of the young AKB48 girls' progress, she then decided to cancel her kennin. That's a great thing and I applaud her for it. The only regret I have is that she should have realized that sooner, when Kojimako was transferred to K.

Well in the end nothing is going to change. Without AKB-only and SKE-only senbatsus for singles, Jurina's dream of a friendly rivalry between AKB48 and SKE48 is simply not possible. I am glad that we feel the same about the necessity of rivalry and the hindrance of kennins or out-of-group additions to senbatsu to that goal though.

So kudos and all the respect to Jurina, but I fear this spirit of friendly rivaly is absolutely lost on the newer kennins such as Sayanee, Sakura or Kodama.

• Like Like x 1
  2. blu3min

blu3min Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    7 December 2015, 1830 (JST)
    Yamamoto Sayaka, Kodama Haruka Seitansai

Members:

Aigasa Moe, Abe Maria, Ishida Haruka, Kodama Haruka, Shinozaki Ayana, Shimada Haruka, Shimoguchi Hinana, Suzuki Mariya, Takajo Aki, Nagao Mariya, Minegeshi Minami, Mukaichi Mion, Muto Tomu, Mogi Shinobu, Yamamoto Sayaka, Yumoto Ami

Out:
    Tano Yuka, Nakano Ikumi, Fujita Nana, Matsui Jurina, Ichikawa Manami, Nakata Chisato, Nomura Nao, Kubo Satone

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  3. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    WHAT

I get *why* they're booting 4 shonichi members-- 2nd performance, gotta rest some legs & use some others, but why the HELL are they dropping Fujita & Tano? They'd probably be better off dropping Ayana & Yuami...I mean, Fujita & Tano are two of the best singers & dancers in Miichan Team K. That's nuts.

Anyway, good for Ayana & Yuami.

4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Thanks muchly, and also @Togasaki for a better translation than I was able to piece together. I don't agree with several things she wrote, especially the idea that K ever "needed" a kennin in center (or that having the center flanked by kennins is much better), but it's nice to see we're finally on roughly the same page.

Yuka's also out of the Boku ga Koko ni Iru Riyu performance two days later... which is problematic for several reasons, but the explanation is probably the same. I just wish I knew what it was. In Naana's case it may be related to school, or possibly her single.

Well, I was only checking my library, which doesn't include much besides Team A and K.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  5. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Not only is K4 one of my favorite stages, but it was the 2nd stage I ever saw live. So it holds a special place in my heart. So I guess I have certain expectations when it comes to how it is performed.

To me K4, more than any other K Stage truly embodies the power and energy of Ori Team K. This is where I really felt this shonichi fell flat. Now granted, there is a limit to what you can experience by watching an LOD. It doesn't truly capture the energy inside the theater. The cameras dictate where and who you are looking at as a viewer. So I even take my own opinion with a grain of salt...

To successfuly perform K4 it requires a certaiamount of intensity. From what I saw there were only two members who truly emodied that energy throughout the show. Unfortunately one of them is a "soon to be former" Kennin member. The other is Miichan, who in my experience never fails to put on an energetic performance, There were others who did a decent job. Tomu comes to mind, perhaps Tano, Mion and Fujita. Bot on the whole it felt somewhat lackadaisical. At the end of the day if I was the one giving them feedback, the first thing I would say is step up the intensity.

As for the units, same issue. Although I thought the performances of Gomen ne Jewel and Hatsukoi Dorobou were pretty good. I agree with most people's opinions of Oshi/Meshi. I just didn't see any chemistry between Yagi and Kodama. It was an overly-academic rendition. It lacked playfulness, campiness, all the things Meetan and Kasai did that made this unit so great. Both of them need to get the proverbial sticks out of their butts and put some passion into it...

And then there's 22nin. Obviously when the lyrics have been so drastically changed to fit these members it will take some getting used to. It reminded me of the first time I heard SNH48's version. That said, I hated the way they arranged the song to fit all of the extra members. What an awful idea! I mean the girls were gasping for breath at the end, right? I was gaspig for breath just watching them. How about instead of making an endless final chorus, they simply make a third verse. It would have sounded so much less monotonous, and probably much easier to perform.

It really makes me wish they would hurry up with the new stages. When management continues to make these new teams perform the stages of their predecessors it feeds into the idea that they should embody the spirit and style of them too. It doesn't allow them to become their own version of Team K and to blossom as their own unique team. It is definitely one of the factors contributing to the group becoming stale. At least to me it is.

6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Update:
    They both have plays opening in January, Tano in DNA-SHARAKU and Naana in Wana (Trap), and both started practices recently (I think Tano on 12/1 and Naana on 12/2). That is almost certainly the reason for their absence.

7. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I'm also expecting Naana to be absent most of the time due to her single dropping this month. She'll have to probably do TV appearances and such.

8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It's looking like you're right so far.

9. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Yup and Moe's hot af

10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    My impression is that Yagi and Haruppi were more comfortable with each other this time, and Oshibe to Meshibe was overall better than the Shonichi. Yagi even gave Haruppi a quick peck on the cheek at the end.

Not sure how much of that was actual improvement, and how much is me looking at it from a different angle from the last ~week of discussion

• Like Like x 1
  11. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna

My oshis are dropping like flies :(

12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Mariyagi has been doing a lot of outside work lately, and I suspect she could be doing even more if she didn't have to take time for AKB activities. She could have been a pillar of Team K, but I think she's been distancing herself for some time... Her departure makes me quite sad, and adds yet another worry to the future of AKB and Team K, but for her sake I think it is probably a good choice. I just hope the circumstances that made it a good choice don't continue, and that the rest of AKB's rising hopes don't feel compelled to take the same path.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  13. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Now we have 4 waiting graduations, one from each team.

14. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^Which are those?

15. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    @Togasaki Takamina, Mariyagi, Nakki, Wakanyan

16. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Interesting performance on the 17th. Abemaru seitansai. Participating members:

Aigasa Moe, Abe Maria, Ishida Haruka, Ichikawa Manami, Shinozaki Ayana, Shimada Haruka, Shimoguchi Hinana, Suzuki Mariya, Takajo Aki, Nakata Chisatom Minegishi Minami, Mukaishi Mion, Muto Tomu, Mogi Shinobu, Yumoto Ami, Nomura Nao.

All kennins out and also Fujita Nana, Nagao Mariya and Tano Yuka. In kenkyuusei Nomura Nao. Oshibe Meshibe??

17. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Nao is in? omg *A* I'm so excited for the next stage. I wonder why Tanochan is out this time, though D: I understand Mariyagi and Naana, but I wonder if Tanochan has something to do.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    As mentioned before, both Naana and Tano have plays opening early in January.

19. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I forgot! lol sorry about that

20. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu