AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Yep, it seems to work that way. You pitch an idea to the old man and if his guts think "sounds interesting" he tries to realize it.
    But from my understanding this is the general approach in the entertainment industry. This and sequels ;)

2. sicaxav

sicaxav Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Quick question, I noticed it this a lot with some of the members, currently and past.. Some of their teeth alignment aren't exactly, straight, like Itano Tomomi has a tooth that sticks out when she smiles. Not that it's a problem, but I was just wondering why some of them don't go correct it, or wear braces? Is it to make it look like 'everyone can be an idol, regardless of looks' type of promo?

3. atsukoD

atsukoD Kenkyuusei

Some people just afraid of dentist.

4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Here's some relevant articles from 2012/3:

Why Japanese women go for fake crooked teeth (mentions Itano Tomomi in passing):
    http://www.japantoday.com/category/lifestyle/view/why-japanese-women-go-for-fake-crooked-teeth

World’s First Snaggletooth Girl Group (TYB48):
    http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/04/18/worlds-first-snaggletooth-girl-group/

Why Crooked Teeth Are Straight Up Beautiful In Japan:
    http://www.tofugu.com/2012/04/25/why-crooked-teeth-are-straight-up-beautiful-in-japan/

I found these a while ago and I was going to ask in this thread about TYB48 but I never got around to it. Does anyone know what happened to that group?

5. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    My opinion about the phenomena with crooked teeth is that japanese women have too small mouths. Maybe because japanese men likes small women and therefore these gets more children and the genome for small women spread. The teeth don't get smaller so it's no space for them all. Some kind of breeding. Maybe a controversial thought.

6. sicaxav

sicaxav Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai

Wait, so.. instead of correcting, they accept this as a cultural phenomena? And some even like, want to have them.. Huh, this is interesting indeed.. I've never really liked crooked teeth, mainly because I have them and I refuse to wear braces myself due to the hassle of maintaining them (I think I'm still gonna do it within the year though). But with Itano, I actually like them because it made her look really cute.

7. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I don't really know where to ask this so this might be OOT, but tbh i would like to work at AKS when i grow up, or maybe any other Japanese Idol management, and are there any specific faculty that i should take or a school to work at one or something?? Thank you^^

8. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

She was posting her ideal senbatsu on her 755 (Japanese app), which caught the attention of a lot of people and that's how it happened.

@sicaxav There are so many unexpected trends and obsessions with certain body parts and traits in Japan. I'm always surprised at how much they pay attention to certain details, like the placement and shape of your eyes, the curve of your chin, the exact ratio of your bangs to your face, etc. and the fact they even have names for all these styles or people who posses these traits.

The crooked teeth thing is one of them, but I have also noticed a lot of Japanese girls with protruding ears for example, who, instead of hiding them like in many others cultures (where you often actually get surgery for it at a young age), accentuate them, so I figured those must be considered cute as well.

I guess it's a good thing that everyone has at least one trait that could be considered cute (like my slight vampire teeth, apparently :shifty:), but it can also become disturbing when people become obsessed with these things and will even go under the knife to achieve them. But you also have to know that the western media has a tendency to blow things out of proportion when writing these stories about weird "Japanese trends" and how "everyone" is doing it.

9. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    From Renacchi's thread...

And so the name was born. At least among Renacchi's fans.;)

10. thetimeisnow_

thetimeisnow_ Kenkyuusei

Hi is the only way to obtain tickets for concerts through the ticketing centre or can we get it from other sites. Thanks

11. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

Most concerts are typically applied via the 48 Group Ticket Center, with the exception of NMB, where they still do it outside the Ticket Center

12. allansson

allansson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Twitter:
    haruna_oshi
    Why wasn't the 2014 Unit Matsuri released? Aren't there any footage from the concert? Sorry if this has been adressed already, but I just noticed, and it makes me a bit sad.

13. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Only you can know why YOU find anything interesting.

15. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    I posted this question a while ago but it wasn't answered so I hope it's okay if I try again (perhaps it was buried under other posts?)...

with how much handshake tickets sales get brought up around here, I am wondering if anyone has any numbers: does anyone know in total how many handshake tickets they sell per single release (whether potentially or not)? have they released this information somewhere? I understand it varies but I am quite curious.

I think in one of the documentaries they said how many people attended a particular event but I can't remember the number they said.

16. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

True. I was hoping for an explanation, but, obviously, there isn't one.

17. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    They've never released any exact number and all we can do is estimate. Even by estimation it's very hard because there are just too many variables we don't know.

It's safe to say a fully sold slot is approx 400-500 tickets. Then again from experience there are prolli also differences on the max. amount sold in a single slot for different members. (eg. Sayanee might sell 500 tickets as max per slot while say Yuihan with 300)
    Then the hardest part of them all is the slot that's not fully sold. We have no clue how to calculate from that because even at 80% sold it's still shown as 0/1 as a 10% sold.

18. fortunehime

fortunehime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Is there any archive with all previous handshake dates? Japanese is fine. (Trying to forecast when the summer single's handshakes will be for 2016.)

19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The AKB48 official site has archived previous events in the calendar schedule at http://www.akb48.co.jp/about/schedule/. The calendar opens at the current month and it's possible to click on the back arrow at the top left of it to go back one month at a time. Amongst the items dotted through the schedule are 'Handshake events' but that seems to include 2-shots, also there's no immediate distinction between big and 'national' HS events. Therefore for each 'Handshake event' entry you have to click on it to get a pop-up with the exact details (in Japanese).

I think the forward scheduling of HS events varies a lot from year to year but it does seem to me (based on my so far relatively limited experience of applying for the 7th album 2-shots) that the ones associated with each release are announced 5 or 6 months in advance, which is good news for those of us who have to request leave and to get early booking deals on flights. I'd guess that the ones in the summer for the 43rd single could be announced quite soon?

20. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Does anyone know what the set list was for the live that happened during the nationwide handshake event that happened on 12/23 in Sendai?
    Here's a picture of the live:
    [​IMG]