Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    the person who made me an akb fan got a center post and my kami-oshi paruru is beside her upfront... I somehow happy for it

2. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

I have nothing against a Sakura center, she is a super popular member, younger than Jurina in both years and group experience. These are group singles anyway. It does make management look a bit disorganized, as if they were just throwing everything at this single to see what sticks? Suddenly making this the anniversary single? Check. Bringing back grads? Check. Getting NGZ on a b-side? Check? Giving center to a girl with barely a connection to the 10th anniversary? Check. Having a plan? Uhm...

I am sad that Tomu will never be in a real senbatsu chosen by management, annoyed that Miichan is apparently back as a first gen representative, bored by the shenanigans that count as pr these days and barely hopeful for the next release? This one I'll sit out. But Sakura? She isn't the issue.

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

HERE HERE! Why I thought it was a very good move to do. Go with the girl who is EXTREMELY popular right now.

Ok then :).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I was totally fine with a Miion center.
    Like, the first gen working with the 15th for the future of AKB and blaablabla.

And then came Sakura.
    Ugg.

5. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Not going to be surprised if this happens.

Her case is a little bit different to Jurina's case. SKE was / is heavily dependent to Jurina. Transferring her to AKB (especially after Rena's gone) is simply a move that will kill SKE. While Sakura, if she left, we still have the SSK winner Sasshi (which hasn't given any graduation flag yet), Haruppi who is the current center for HKT (and entering AKB senbatsu soon) + MioMeru (who are management's initial centers for HKT singles).

I was curious why Sakura was given the center position in AKB but they never gave her the absolute center position in HKT (not counting double center), when she's far above the rest of her group (except for Sasshi) and I think the answer to that is because the management doesn't want HKT to rely on her too much since they want to transfer her to AKB. But of course this is just me talking out of my ass since I don't have any concrete proof at all lol

6. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Maybe the management need to release an AKB only single. I have a feeling the management already planned that.

7. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Oh how i missed the old times where Sakura's the ultimate underdog who management ignores despite her popularity and always have MioMeruPpi prioritized before her (i remembered when i found out Haruppi's in Mosh & Dive instead of Sakura and i hated Haruppi more than anything in my life till KR where Sakura got her first AKB center)

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

If Sakura is the center and it's a ballad, maybe diabetics had better skip the single... :hehe:

9. kevin_vin

kevin_vin Kenkyuusei

maybe similar to green flash ??

now lets see if this single will reach 1million sales in 1 week
    OG + Miyawaki Sakura combination

10. Minowa Natsuki

Minowa Natsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Yeah maybe the management saves it for the summer single [hehe] A yuiparu center'd be good

11. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Welcome to another 70 pages of bickering, but now over SAKURA
    Can't wait to see/hear the performance on the concert report VTR in a couple days

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Nah never get your hopes up on an AKB-only single. Much less in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

Sakura bloom!
    Solo center is the best thing I could imagine for Sakura <3
    Sakura, Sakura, Sakura <3 <3

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

If they really make an AKB only single, I don't think it will replace the current AKB single since that single needs to reach at least 1 mil and you probably can't do that with AKB only members, at least not for now.

15. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

So, the question is... will they sacrifice millions / money for the happiness of "AKB only" fans?

Nothing personal, it's just business.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Sad . But Still Maybe She Represent the New gen or soemthing

Any Picture/News Of How are they positioned ?

17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    NEXT CENTER: Ikuta Erika :awesome::awesome::awesome:

18. USA48

USA48 Kenkyuusei

This thread makes me laugh so hard.

"Ugg. They're going with the graduates??? Again?!? They're so old. This will kill AKB. They really need to build an ace from the newer gens, this is about AKB's future."
    "Actually, it looks like the center is a 17-year-old who has been with the group for less than 5 years, and has been gaining a lot of momentum and popularity."
    "What?!? I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!! This is a 10th anniversary single. I'm boycotting it."

lol. Who needs antis when you have fans like these?

• Like Like x 3
  19. Minowa Natsuki

Minowa Natsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    But if the single contains the SSK voting ticket, won't the single at least reach 1 mil?

20. yuni

yuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Well, I think Akimoto-san just wants to promote Yamashita Emirii into Team KIV, so he has started a slow process of transfering Sakura into AKB48. By the way, I can't exclude the opinion that Akimoto-san wants to show all of us that now it's time for young generations to shine.