Stage48 - United Kingdom

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by xxdelta, Jun 2, 2013.

1. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @Blair Collins I absolutely love her dorky side, it's one of the things that makes her so great [hehe]

And @Soviet Sandwich I've been waiting for another series of Ebi also! I saw Okubo-san on Sashikita Gassen, and while I was happy to see her with 48 Group girls again, all I was thinking was "That's the wrong group!!! You need to go back to SKE, Ebi NEEDS to return for another season!!" :p

2. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @Yukitie Oh that's a lot longer than what I thought it was, I have seen handshake events in the form of when they record it and put them on CDs like in the 0 no 1 Aida album. CDJapan has always been good for me but if I want everything from the AKB48 shop I use a service calle HomeJapanMaker. It's a lot cheaper than big companies because the Woman who runs it does it as a secondary job so she doesn't charge to much, really recommend her.

Yeah I will support all the members but I will support some more than others. Seeing Yukirin now in comparison to her when I first saw the group is weird. It's the same with most members. You can really see how much they have changed over the years. Yukirin is still awesome though.

@Soviet Sandwich Ryoha has grown so much as a member, seeing where she has come from and how she is now I really feel in about 2 years she will be less shy and SKE will have another powerful member. I liked how Okubo would always be super bias towards Ryoha.

@MeoJim Ebi definitely needs another series

3. Soviet Sandwich

Soviet Sandwich Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    @MeoJim I saw Okubo on Sasshikita Gassen too, and pretty much had the exact same reaction haha. It's nice to see her involved again with some of the 48G, but I'd like to see her in another series of ebi with SKE.

@Blair Collins Yep, I'd like to think Ryoha is on her way to becoming one of SKE's big names. Her shyness is also part of what gives her, her 'slightly tsundere' character I think, so it's not a huge problem, only when it comes to variety shows and she finds it hard to speak or stand out. I completely understand how Okubo couldn't help but be biased towards Ryoha haha.

4. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @Yukitie A meet up?

@Soviet Sandwich I think because she is so shy it makes her "Slightly Tsundere" cute and I can see why Okubo was biased.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  5. Soviet Sandwich

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
  6. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @Soviet Sandwich I was trying to get a GIF of Ryoha from SKE48 Ebisho where Okubo tried putting Ryoha's hand into a box but she spun around and hide and it's the cutest thing I ever saw her do but I couldn't get it.

7. Soviet Sandwich

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    @Blair Collins Ohhh, I know what you're talking about, that was a very cute moment. Ryoha does have quite a lot of cute moments I think.

8. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    @Blair Collins and anyone else new who doesn't already know about them:

Since September 2013-ish we have been having semi-regular meet ups in London. Our activities have been known to include:
    • Karaoke - you don't have to sing if you don't want to but it's just a great atmosphere!
    • Japan Centre
    • JP Books
    • Cafes and restuarants
    • Picnics in summer
    • Our own Janken tournament
    • Photo trading (for those who can)
    Our next meet up is at the end of this month :)

9. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @Yukitie That sounds so cool and a lot of fun, do you get many people from here turning up to these meets?

10. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    We've had many people yes, and we do it so that every time new people come, they are part of a new gen. Currently on our 8th Gen :)

Forgot to add - we also do a quiz with prizes!

11. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @Yukitie Oh wow. If it isn't an issue I might try come down for one someday, London is a stretch for me but we'll see. The generation concept with new people coming sounds pretty awesome. :)

12. yuko&jurinafan

yuko&jurinafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari

i have a question:

where is the karaoke at? :cute:

thanks

by the way, i'm going to hyper japan in London in July this year :cute:

13. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    @Blair Collins - of course! Please feel free to come to any meet, just let us know beforehand so we know we're looking out for people. Several of us have AKB uchiwa so we're not hard to miss ;)

@yuko&jurinafan - the karaoke is in Soho, name of the place I can't remember! Bobojam, our regular café, also has a karaoke facility. :)
    Not sure who of our gang is going to Hyper Japan in July - I went last year and it was quite fun!

14. yuko&jurinafan

yuko&jurinafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    one more question:

is the karaoke video kanji or can it be changed language they speak (for the life of me, i hope so)

because i can't read kanji :fp:

thanks

15. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @Yukitie Okay I'll be sure to let you know if I do get the chance to attend one, can I ask where the meet point is because organising transportation like trains for me is difficult due to location.

16. Maji!?

Maji!? Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    Wow, you've nearly been a fan the whole 10 years then! Your favourite members are great, but I especially like Churi, Tomu and Yuihan. It's great seeing another Minarun fan as well, because she's fun and lovely.

I envy you a bit tbh, I only know two other Rie oshis who speak English, one lives in America, the other in Australia XD This is exactly how I got into AKB as well, watching old AKBingos. My favourite member was Noro Kayo, when I caught up to the present day I realized she'd graduated years before.

PS. The bird sections of Churi's PB are great, and original. She looks great in the rest of it too, but it's a bit more standard issue XD

17. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @Maji!? Yeah I guess I have, When I think about it I feels weird to me to think I have followed 48G for so long. Minarun is awesome and as soon as I saw her as a Kenkyuusei I was drawn to her.

I see your Kami-Oshi is listened as Kitarie, I do like Kitarie quite a bit, not enough to be in my Kami 7 but I do like her.

18. Maji!?

Maji!? Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    @Blair Collins It'd be nice if Rie had a few more international fans, but she seems to be quite well liked overall even though her actual fan numbers are low, and that actually makes me pretty happy. I liked Minarun a lot from the start as well, but I feel like her move to SKE gave her the chance to use her personality to maximum effect. I'm so glad she's a captain again as well, she's a real leader.

19. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @Maji!? I do definatly support her and with her being a member of AKB48, SKE48 and NGT48 she really does deserve a lot more fans then she currently has. To me she is one of the members does get best at everything but doesn't get as much notice as other members. I do sometimes think she is one of the members that wasn't pushed as much by management unlike some other members that were pushed my management.

I feel the move for Minarun was the best as well. Honestly I think of she was still AKB48 she wouldn't be as big of a member as she is now. She said she likes SKE48 and she looks like she is enjoying being SKE48 a lot more than when she was AKB48. To me she is one of the captain's that can be a leader but a member as well which a few team leaders have lost the ability to do.

20. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Hi everyone!

Our next meet up is now confirmed to be Sunday 28th February.

As before, please inbox me if you would like when and where and if you have any questions :)