Single AKB48 44th [Tsubasa wa Iranai] (2016/06/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by sakurazaki, Mar 21, 2016.

1. SayakaFan

SayakaFan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Hurray for Myao and Oya being in senbatsu! Love that Rara's in it too! I'm really hoping that if they do like Bokutachi with the media senbatsu that Naachan makes it in. Please? *fingers crossed* I will miss Milky in this senbatsu and the next single though.

2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

At least for Yuria and especially Sakura, their age fits within the next gen profile. Heck, if we use that, Jurina is also next gen... probably Jurina should be called next gen veteran :)

For Myao and Oya, it is probably a gift for them. I think compared to Myao and Oya, Hiwatashi Yui is a more strange inclusion. Why are they pushing her so hard? are they lacking members that can be chosen on merit? Consider this, Yui debuted at May 2015, so it required her less than a year to be promoted into a team and less than a year to be included into a senbatsu (although the song itself will be released later). They are really fast tracking her. I'm not blaming her, I just think that someone like Yuiri really deserved to be in this senbatsu, at least over Yui. Then you have someone like Tano, Megu, Komiharu, and a bunch of other girls waiting to have their chance.
    This is basically negates what Aki-P have been saying (which the latest one was in AKB48Show) like having to struggle and kinda criticized newer gen for wanting to get on TV/senbatsu quickly but then you have someone that is very green being selected for this single. I wish someone would ask about it with Aki-P because I want to know his reaction about.

The only counter argument that I can see is that since NGT is even newer than Yui, thus her inclusion is not strange. Personally, I would only give 2 places in this single for NGT just because they are new and have lesser member. The other group can keep their 3 members allocation. Give that 1 place to team 8, and Yui being replaced by Yuiri or someone else that you think should be chosen.

3. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Age has nothing to do with the generation you are in. You are senior to someone if you joined earlier, age has nothing to do with it. That's how Sakura (18) is senior to Saho (21) for example.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  4. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Ya know, if y'all don't want to play nice I can shut this thread down too. And some of you need to stop spamming the thread as well. I mean jeez, I got home from the event and it was already on page 7?

It is really disheartening to see people complaining about Myao and Shiichan's inclusion in the senbatsu. This is what many of us have been talking about for a long time. It isn't about the screentime, it is about being recognized. So many members long for that moment of just being selected. Sadly, quite a few never get to experience it. So now finally a couple of unexpected and experienced members get selected and people have a problem with it?

Actually that pisses me off. If you are going to call members like them "dead weight" you might as well tell about 1/3 of the members to just graduate tomorrow. If you weren't pushed from the get go then you don't ever deserve to get the chance. Hard work will eventually pay off? You didn't think we were serious about that, did you?

And BTW, when their pictures came up on the screen at the event they got two of the best reactions of the entire announcement.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Yes, I know age has nothing to do with gen. That is why I say at least their age fits with next gen. Compare that to calling Milky next gen, no matter how hard you try to justify it, you just can't. With age similar to the current next gen, Sakura and Jurina can at least be in AKB for as long as most of the current next gen members.

6. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

But it does have something to do with how long you can potentially stick around. A 18 yr old whose been in the group 5 years will probably stay longer than a 22 year old that's been in the group 3 years.

This conversations is basically now just arguing semantics about who is "Senpai/Kouhai" to who. New gen is not a literal word based on what generation a member started their activity. Maybe it once was but not anymore. Now it basically means young (age-wise) members who haven't reached the top of their potential yet, or young members who management think will stay around long enough into the future to become leaders of their respected groups or just become popular enough in general to sell well. So you can still include sakura, miion, miruru, riripon, etc.

In the 43rd thread there was a lot of arguing and name calling, especially between members inside this forum. So I see why it got shut down. But here? People are just giving their opinions. There's been nothing here like what that thread descended into. And so what if it's on page 7, or 20, or 3? I'd rather have lot of conversation then a dead forum.

As for the "dead-weight" comment, I stand by that. For me, I only want members in senbatsu if 1) They are pretty popular now, or 2) they have "potential", as seen by management (fine... I'll add a 3) they are soukantoku). I'll agree and disagree on what that "potential" is, but nobody is kidding themselves by saying that these two members are popular or have potential.

7. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

Wow, this might be one of my favorite senbatsu lineups. What I always loved about the spring/election voting singles is that they really try to get a good representation of the entire 48 family.

Congrats to Miion on landing Center! Finally a true Team K member makes it. Would've liked to see a few more like Tano or Mogi.

Oya and Myao back in the spotlight! There are occasions where management can celebrate the older members.

I adore Ryoka and Juri, glad they could be in.

I can't believe I'm about to be greedy, but I would've liked seeing a few more unusual suspects from the sister groups.

• Like Like x 1
  8. makimaki93

makimaki93 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I'm on the verge of tears for Myao and Oyababa. This senbatsu has made me SO happy! I don't care if it's a generic idol song or whatever it ends up being, I'm just so happy for these two. I need to take a walk, I'm just THAT happy about it haha!

9. Calani Yukimay

Calani Yukimay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Wow I never know people will hate the inclusion of Myao and Shiichan that much.. What's with the butthurts? Is it bad to give them surprises? The one who deserves a senbatsu spot is not only one two it-girls. Everyone deserves a spot.. :(

It will be awesome if they go with this pattern again later. Put Tanamin, Izurina, Amiin in and it will burn people..

I need to see their reactions when senbatsu announced. It must be priceless.. Anyone have links to that?

Now we only need Team songs with PVs.. But will it be another 5type singles again?

10. achanoshiJKT

achanoshiJKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Happy for: Nanamin joins senbatsu :^O^:
    Neutral toward: Mion center :fear:
    Confused by: Shiichan and Myao in, Naanya and Milky out :confused: (not hating Shiichan not Myao though)
    Sad: Still no Miki :(

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  11. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Plus the addition of those two was really due to their respective agencies - with this all of Ohtapro and Watanabe pro are in senbatsu.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

12. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

It's been pointed out by a lot of posters before, but where exactly do you think popularity comes from? By and large, popularity can only come when an idol is put in the spotlight. A lot of people don't look past that spotlight. "Management pushes" are so argued over by fans because, for better or worse, the pushed member is getting more publicity, more official backing and more limelight than they ever would have without the push. Myao was pushed years ago and was middlingly popular, but that was many years ago and she's changed a lot in the meantime so giving her another push to see if she can become popular again should be considered separate from the promotion she got so long ago. Shiichan was never given the opportunity to have some spotlight and become popular through that avenue (except the couple times she won a spot for herself in janken). Finally, she gets a little bit of a purposefully management-sponsored chance and I'm sure she won't waste the opportunity.

I understand where you're coming from about wanting to see fresh faces in senbatsu. Shiichan and Myao are older members, they are closer to graduation than many other girls. But they have also put in more than their fair share of work for the group over many years! They were unpopular, there were times they even failed to rank in elections, their entire existence in showbusiness thrived on a few fans in a tiny theater and jobs that a lot of people would never see or even notice. And yet they didn't quit. AKB has always peddled the belief that anything can happen as long as the girls try hard and have hope, so they damn well better make good on that once in a while, or else what are these less popular girls even supposed to be looking forward to by hanging around in AKB?

Senbatsu is already full of the usual suspects and fresh new faces. Throwing in a couple of the good old guard as a nod to their hard work as theater girls and a reminder of AKB's supposed "anything can happen" stance shouldn't be so looked down upon by fans. Moves like this are necessary for morale and don't happen nearly enough. If members had the understanding that they absolutely wouldn't be chosen for senbatsu or other coveted positions once they fell below a certain threshold of popularity, I wonder if the theater would even have enough girls to operate?

Man, some people are just sour no matter what I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    When I think about it, I'm not that surprised about Myao and Shii being in senbatsu.

In terms of performance quality, it makes a HELL of a lot more sense to have Myao and Shiichan in senbatsu than Nyan. Yet, Nyan has the record for being in the most senbatsu in AKB's history. Because she's popular.

But she's also one of the oldest and most legendary members.

let's look at the first five generations of AKB...2nd gen's fire is now extinguished. And with Takamina gone, that leaves only Nyan and Mii for 1st gen. 3rd gen? MaYuki. Two others are focused on other groups, and the other? Unfortunately, invisible.

As for 4th and 5th gen? There's not much left.. barring the sister group members, Myao and Shiichan are the OBVIOUS choices in terms of representation of the old generation of AKB. They're chock full of personality, herald the bygone era, and round out the senbatsu by balancing new girls with older girls.

I can't think of a single negative thing to say about them being included in the senbatsu. Why on earth would we give younger girls a chance when there are still older girls giving their all in the group, who still have a lot to give? Tano will get her chance, as will members like Yuiri and Miki... as for now, let the older ones have some spotlight before they leave. Lord. People need to lighten up. It's not like this is the last AKB single ever.

• Like Like x 2
  14. trxsh

trxsh Member

I appreciate the gesture. Shiichan fans must be so happy especially <3
    Myao and Shiichan are actually the wildcards for this senbatsu, along with Miion center. As much as people are saying the rest of the senbatsu is miraculous and whatnot, apart from those two things it's really your standard expanded senbatsu. Not that that's a bad thing.
    I wonder if they'll pull a Manatsu no Sounds Good and have all the young members in the A senbatsu (assuming the usual format since there is always senbatsu A and B for expanded senbatsus)

• Like Like x 1
  15. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
  16. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
  17. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    People thinking negatively about Shizuka and Miho's additions such look at it this way. They're technically old gen members which means, unless they go by name of Kojiharu and Yukirin, they will probably be on their way out this year or early next year. The girls who didn't make it (like Miki, Tano, Naanya, Komiharu, Mio, Meru, Fuuchan, Nagisa, Shuu, Team 8 and NGT members) will MOST LIKELY be in the group a year from now. Meaning, they have a chance to be back in senbatsu.
    Shiichan and Myao's additions to me, looks like a "thank you for the hard work" present and to solidify that "hard work will always be rewarded". Quite fitting for the first management single to not include takamina lol. It might be sad for girls like Tano and Miki now, but hopefully, this will give their fans a reason to say "NOTICE HER" and push her harder in elections, and increase hs sales, because that's what management looks at in the new gen most. That's why Sakura got pushed, that's why they decided to go with Mion over Naanya. That's why Miki has been left behind. It sucks, but that's how it is.

Now, i actually hope that we'll see a bikini single, i think the last one for 48g was NMB's Durian right? wayy too long ago. I'll be really happy to see that lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Myao was expected, but i was excpecting Nattsun instead of Shiichan. I don't want to see the 11th gen outlasted by the 1st gen

19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

assuming the 44th single will be a bikini pv, it will be 743 days since Labrador Retriever :^^;: #PleasebeBikiniMV

20. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

I really like this senbatsu. They weren't kidding when they said the next one would be about the next generation after some of the girls were dissapointed that they weren't in Melody.

If we're being honest, was Myao's inclusion really that surprising? Especially after Aki-P said that this year was going to be big for her? To me Shiichan in senbatsu and Mionis center are just an added (and refreshing) bonus :inlove:.