Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Twitter:
    TaintedWingsFS
    I am speechless.
    She doesn't seem a girl wearing earring to look more mature.
    She looks like a composed and mature young woman.

2. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Wasn't her New-Years-Resolution to be more middelscholish? Well she is failing hard at it :D
    Jesus, girl will be a killer in her early twenties..

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

One thing about her personal history, which she narrated in the first half of the KeyaKake TV episode this week, was how little we really learned about her family. She told us that as a kid she didn't like to go outside and play, but stayed inside watching TV comedy, and talked about which comics she loved. But we saw no pictures of her as a child, and heard nothing about her parents or siblings. This is fine, she should only tell what she wants to, but it did seem a bit impersonal.

@VincentS -- Yeah, total fail, lol. She just can't stop herself being mature. She's on the cover of the next Japan Playboy:

wpid-Cl1F84mVAAA2Xu5.jpg

4. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Congrats Techi - or Yurina-chan - on being center again! Wait - what's "Techi"? It sounds too similar to "Techy" (technology guy, likes computers), except with "chi" - I'm asking what does the term "Techi" means - and why Yurina-chan calls herself "Techi"? Umm...

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

"Techi" comes this way:

Yurate-chan >> Te-chan >> Te-chi ("chan" is spelled "chi-yan" in Japanese).

Other members started calling her that. I guess she must have liked it. Some members now call her "Techiko." "Ko" means "child" (sort of) and is very common at the end of girls' names.

6. BerryLove

BerryLove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I know.. she's very likable but there are people who don't like push members or girls who gets the center position. I would hate to see mean comments about her :cry:

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I can't remember any really mean comments, just that people resent anyone being pushed forward at the expense of girls in the back they may have fallen for. People said mean things about Ikoma-chan, but I haven't seen them about Techi. I personally would only resent the pushing if the person being pushed wasn't really worthy of it. And Techi is so worthy.

One thing recently: some texts have shown up on 2channel claiming to be an interchange between a (young but ikemen) guy and Techi. He supposedly has been at handshake events, but not the last one. I don't really read these things, about anyone, since I expect them all to be fake, but I guess that's something a bit mean.

8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    One thing I have to note is very different between Techi and Ikoma's treatment is how early Nogidoko was pretty much a Fukujin plus backup show. All the focus was on the front few members.

Keyakake doesn't have that. The first single was obviously over generous to the centre (As Nogizaka's was), but the show at least isn't.

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

It could be attributed to the fact that Fukujin term is officially launched on Nogidoko early episode focus, even before we saw all the members on studio.

I guess Sony learn a a lot from it. Kudos to them.

And not revealing your history in usual way will surely lead to more curious mind.
    Who will not interested in the question "Why our center only tell a few of her history?".

But, What she doesn't tell indeed have shaped her to be today Techi. Whatever it is.

10. BerryLove

BerryLove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Since someone translated Neru's hustlepress questionire I really want to know what Techi said in hers. Can someone please translate hers and her interview with hustlepress? I can't find that zaka46 international fanclub...

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Now where was I? I started trying to translate the interview and questionnaire and I couldn't stop. I don't have a hundred percent confidence in every bit of the translation, but I think it's okay. Thanks for the suggestion. It was fun, and she really seemed to come through to me. I hope she comes through in the translation, too. I'm not sure what to make of some of her comments on the other members. Just quick of the top of her head, I think. From the interview, she seems so natural and confident -- confident even in her negative judgements about her performance. A strong personality. Not so much cool, it seems to me, as just an irresistible force. She thinks of herself as warm and pleasant. I guess.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. BerryLove

BerryLove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    @ukifune thank you so much! It was a nice read ~

I thought it was cute that she says she likes being in a futon. It be so funny to see her rolling around in it while being cute [hehe]

I also thought her comments on the members were a bit funny. For most of them she said that they're funny. Definitely felt like she said them from the top of her head.

I was looking forward to what she had to say about Neru. "It seems as if she’s always beside me. It’s like whenever I notice, there she is! (lol)". Since they're both my top two, I like to know what they think of each other. But they do seem like they're around each other a lot. Now with the new single, they'll spend even more time together. I'm waiting for Techi's next blog. Maybe she'll talk about Neru being chosen for the new senbatsu since other members have.

Oh and what Neru said about Techi that she's like a big sister and a little sister. I really liked that. That she may think of her like a sister :cute:

13. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    Techi is in a new anti-bullying commercial

I can't embed it, but you can view the video here
    (I'm thinking of translating it a little later and adding subs)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  15. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

episode 15

if the video does not show watch the video here

episode 16

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  16. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    I've just finished translating Techi's Nikkei interview! Hirate Yurina: Her strong gaze that will pierce your heart. The youngest member leads Keyakizaka46 from the center.Read it here: http://keyakizakamatome.tumblr.com/post/147268011680/hirate-yurina-her-strong-gaze-that-will-pierce

I thought it was interesting how nervous she seems about her role... I guess I should have expected it knowing that she's only 14 years old and under a lot of pressure, but she really does a good job at appearing totally confident like she knows completely what she's doing.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. newromantics

newromantics Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    @jujuchuu thank you!

"When we performed Silent Majority on the March CDTV Special Festival, seeing the gap between Nogizaka46’s performance and ours, and realizing my own incompetence was really shocking. I was mortified and, without thinking, cried right there. But my senpais have become my motivation, and I realized that I must try my best and that I have to really start my engine if I’m ever going to give a performance that captures people’s attention like they did."

Woah, she really is a perfectionist. And brings that healthy rivalry in 46G!

---
    I never thought I underestimated Hirate, I've always suspected I just put her on some pedestal but after watching Keyaki's dorama...Girl. This one just can't be overrated because she keeps on improving and showing everyone how its done. And she's 15. By the time she's 20, Yurina surely will be one of the top idols.

18. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Seems like she is dead set to drag Keya to Stardom by herself. Such determination.
    Never thought I might fall into someone in the Akimoto empire now that I am in my twenties but damn she has everything I enjoy watching in an idol.

19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

ep 17

20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Oh, man, what a fantastic interview. Thanks, again, jujuchuu. It's great to read about all her uncertainties -- which seem to disappear when she's on stage. When she goes on stage and that switch turns on, it's almost like she is being possessed -- maybe it's possession by a deeper level of herself. She challenges herself, and her self responds.