Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

Well that's right, ah maybe we should call her “once in a thousand years idol" :awesome:

Hey @HIRATEalmighty
    Are you the same person with the one on Twitter? I'm one of your followers, lol
    By the way, Welcome to S48!!

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

As expected, Techi's reported comment that she wanted to become "not a cute idol, but an artist" has brought down the wrath of otaku on her. There are new 2channel threads denouncing her. For example the thread entitled: "[very bad news]Keyakizaka46 centre Hirate Yurina has quickly gone crazy (wants to become not a cute idol but an artist)." This is a thread with enlightening posts such as "shut up, ugly," "idol makes fun of idols," and "lip-sync 'artist'."

Rereading the original article now, I'm not actually sure that's what she said. I think the article says Hirate said that Takahiro wanted Keyakizaka46 to become "not cute idols but cool artists" in his choreography for Silent Majority. But the dogs are running. And it is true that even saying that much could imply that "artists" are superior.

Too bad she didn't realize that any suggestion of a desire to get above your station is hammered down instantly by some people. These would be the same people who condemn Suzumoto for having (supposedly) laughed at an AKB member for expressing similar ambitions.

I enjoy reading 2channel, but sometimes people there are such low-lifes. It is reasonable that idol otaku feel slighted if people think "artists" are better than "idols." Even though they know that it's true, in terms of musical ability, at least. Some posts make the good point that this is in fact how Sony wants to sell K46: as being a cut above other idol groups, in seriousness, at least.

On the merits, I think Hirate stands a chance. She has tremendous talent and expressive power. But she has to learn how to stay on pitch better and keep her voice evenly strong. She just turned 15. She has time. Meanwhile, she should refrain from even implying criticism of being an idol. Even the administration might feel as if she is biting the hand that feeds her.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  3. miyako-dori

miyako-dori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Tbh, when I saw her for the first time, I wanted her not to participate in some idol activities, such as handshaking, variety shows, because I felt like those would harm her mysterious and cool image. But now I'm enjoying her versatile personality as a 46/48G idol. I think she has both cuteness of idol and mind of artist, and that does not conflict in 46/48G.

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I saw a passage from some recent magazine feature where she said she didn't think of herself as cool, that that just came from the song. Now, I actually think she is cool, but she certainly does have that cute side, too. I hope you're right about there not being a conflict. I think you put it very well when you say "cuteness of idol" and "mind of artist." Why should there be a conflict there?

I know it's probably unrealistic hero-worship, but I really do feel she has something special in her that allows her to come up with real artistry in her performances. I'm a huge fan of PARCO, and some of the moments in KataMira are unbelievable, like when she rises from the group surrounding her, toward the end.

5. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

She's not my oshi but i love her more then my mother:^^;:, and everyone in k46 too, they already got my love, but only one got my heart:blush:

Idol and artist, crying loud like baby, in logic both are the same, don't even bother searching for defference, i wonder what are those 2channel doggie's are fussing bout techii statement :?:, well, already watch too many idol get nasty comments there, so they better try a new level and method to amuse me [hehe]

6. HIRATEalmighty

HIRATEalmighty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    @hart123 yes i am the same person, thank you for following! Tag me so I can follow back. :)

I maybe biased but I really don't see anything wrong with what techi had said. Techi merely wants keyakizaka to be known for their talent/skill, not just for their looks.
    That is already the philosophy of a 15 year old, which makes her even more noble (at least for me).

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I'm going to mention keyakizakamatome.tumblr.com in this thread, too. There are pictures there from Techi's new Young Jump feature, which is amazing...in many ways.

8. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    ^ Thank you again!

Techi+Neru fans will probably be happy to know that better quality Marquee scans were uploaded!!
    Check them out here...
    Part 1 and Part 2
    (posting this again in Neru's thread for those who only check that one)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Yes, well, Techi+Neru fans would include me. Thank you again. Now if only I knew where to find the Brody article.... I'd even translate it, if you didn't get there first. Good times.

10. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Sorry can't get the best quality for the pic on my post before:), but thanks for the good one,
    they are like a real sisters just by looking them together like this:blush:

11. HIRATEalmighty

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Really? You would translate techi and neru's brody article? Thank you in advance @ukifune! I ordered brody and some newer magazines yesterday. I can take pics of the pages as soon as my parcel reaches my place. Hopefully, you won't be busy then. Currently, I only have these. More pics but little interviews. I can't read japanese, can't understand japanese without using google translator. I just want to have anything that has techi. :p

Untitled1.jpg

Thank you too @jujuchuu for posting keyaki related stuff! I have read yours and ukifune's translations, I am really grateful. :)

I find this matome quite touching, [Hirate Yurina (20) would likely be...]
    http://keyaki46.2chblog.jp/archives/9853110.html

One said techi would reach 172cm, techi would lie on April Fools, techi would cry bec her brother is marrying, and more amusing ideas. What hit me is that most are predicting techi would be successful in anything she would venture into: be as an actress, songwriting, school, married life (lol), etc. They just want techi to succeed. For me, I am wishing for techi to achieve her goal of bringing keyakizaka46 to a national group status. I also hope techi would prosper with her individual activities. I only have high hopes for techi and keyaki.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016
  12. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    Please do post interview scans! I like translating these interviews because I feel they tell you a lot about the girls, but there are not enough good quality interview scans (I think more people are interested in the pictures, understandably!).

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Yokatta! I'm thrilled to be in reserve if a better translator will take it on. And definitely, more good scans of articles would be very welcome. This edition of Brody is getting huge attention on the Japanese K46 sites. Mainly for the piece about the making of the SekaAi video, but I'm also interested in any copy there is with the Techi+Neru learn traditional Japanese culture series (this time: karate for Techi and tea ceremony for Neru). I love the magazine's description of this series, which uses a Japanese expression that conjures up the image of two people being reborn together in paradise from a single blossoming lotus.

Nice work by a Techi/Pokemon fan:

Cqd0GmNVMAIhYAC.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

ep 22

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  15. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I do think english content make a difference to a girl's appeal. Yurina shine in performance, but how she thinks is truly something else ( her 2nd individual PV). People need to know how one of a kind Yurina is.

16. HIRATEalmighty

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Will provide the article as soon as I get that brody in my hands. :)
    Speaking of brody, here is Hirate Yurina's famed white belter high kick. You can see just how effortless techi does things.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  17. HIRATEalmighty

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Hirate Yurina would definitely make a great fashion model. Young, pretty, cool, chic, great posture and stature, what else? Techi looks great in everything.
    Sorry if worshipping techi too much, annoys you. But I just can't help it, one of the reasons why I refrain myself from posting in keyaki thread lol.
    Here are some techi's pics from akanen's latest blog.
    sub-member-4722_04_jpg.jpg sub-member-4722_03_jpg.jpg sub-member-4722_02_jpg.jpg sub-member-4722_jpg.jpg sub-member-4722_01_jpg.jpg

18. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Don't sweat it she does have a je ne sais quoi about her.
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/je-ne-sais-quoi

19. tasyatiaraa

tasyatiaraa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    tasyatiaraa
    Techi's ear piercing is so cool!!!

20. HIRATEalmighty

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I believe techi was only wearing clip-on earrings. This pic is from suzumon's blog, here you can see techi's red ear due to clipping.
    sub-member-4702_02_jpg.jpg