Owada Nana (Naanya) / 15th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

From the pictures we have so far, there is only one boy, and Naanya is not with him. Naanya only appears in 2 pictures. One where she's all alone, the other one where she is standing next to Miki, and the boy is next to them. She did hang out with them, but nothing shows that she has a specific relationship with the boy. unless they have more pictures, this is nothing big for Naanya. Miki seems a bit closer to the boy, but again it doesn't seem like they're "dating". idk.

as for the IG thing, I read that it's from 2 months ago, if that's true, I really wonder why it's being discussed only now? Naanya is saying that she feels rejected? Something like this? I wonder what's going on. This doesn't sound good... but we probably won't know more. Here is a translation of what she said in the post:

"It was on instagram. Naanya posted a pic of other 15ths having fun with approx:
    the usual outcasting *middle finger emoji x2* It's scary... all this buddying up"

Translation by kanjo at the AKB Thread. I don't know what this could mean, it's like she feels rejected or outcasted or something. I don't know. but yeah... .___.

2. Rem

Rem Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    They're mostly Miki and the guy. Nothing that bad for Naanya but people are gonna take it all the way.

Edit: The upcoming handshake on Sunday will be awful for the both of them.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Being seen out with a Johnny's Junior killed Murshige's career for more than a year

4. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Why would I expect people to go berserk at a news like this. Its not that age anymore. I actually expect people to poke some fun at this but they seem asleep.:lol:

5. moonlit

moonlit Member

@Reveen I think it was the curfew that was a huge problem that time too.

6. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

The thing is that this is not Naanya with a boy or Miki with a boy. This is Naanya and Miki with a boy, whether or not Naanya and Miki intended to hang out with the boy, it is easier to feign innocence if you're not going out alone with a boy (or the boys - girls ratio is the same or more boys than girls). Looking at the pictures, I can just say that the boy is simply an overly friendly person. Actually, if nobody told me that the boy is a jr member, I would assume (from the pictures) that he is someone that working at the game center.
    What it looks like is that the boy lead Miki to the booth. Miki wasn't really walking side by side with the boy and the only image of Naanya with the boy is when Miki and Naanya talking to each other while the boy walking away. With creative editing, something that should be totally harmless can be a scandal.
    That is why personally I don't think it is such a big deal. But if the 2am thing is true, they shouldn't really be playing at 2am. If they were with an older member or their manager, then I guess it should be fine. Actually, I don't mind they hang out at whatever hour, but what will be their answer if they're being asked what were they doing being out that late? going to a game center doesn't seems like a good answer.
    Of course since we are talking about idol here, probably most people are more focused on the fact that there was a boy there.

Anyway, personally, I think the pictures are harmless. Of course most of the people personal opinion in this forum is probably the same as me. But when we consider what the Japanese fans would think, I would be lying if I say that I don't worry about it at all. I do worry about it, but just a tiny bit tho.

• Like Like x 1
  7. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    This was also my first reaction about Naanya, since she and Aanya have such similar names. Their troubles are nearly identical too. (Underage curfew with boys)

Aanya was banned from activities for a year, and she's never recovered from it as she's only been in one HKT senbatsu since that. She was a staple senbatsu before that.

8. moonlit

moonlit Member

^eh, it's been discussed back then already that Anya's position was getting gradually worse and she probably would have been dropped anyway without the scandal. That's not the case with Naanya though.

9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

With Paruru graduating in a few months there's an open spot for Team A centre (despite what some say Sakura won't get it) so Nana would have been in with a shot for a renewal of her push, something like this could seriously derail any move like that and end up with Hiwatan getting more of a push.

10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@Reveen Honestly these pictures are not a big deal for Naanya. For Murashige it was different, she was alone with the boy, and they did look like they were on a date. Naanya is only seen in one picture alone, and in another picture standing next to Miki. It would be overreacting to even call this a "dating scandal".

Now for the push, Naanya is not in senbatsu and management basically drop her from almost everything. I don't think there's much that will change. Even in a stage revival made for unranked theater girls, they decide to include Naanya who actually ranked and they did not even make her center. It's pretty obvious that they have no plans to push Naanya again, at all. it's been like this for months now, I don't think these pictures or anything else really matters at this point, she might get some kind of punishment of course (something we won't hear about, idk). But they can't decrease a push when it's non-existant. Management's issue with Naanya is probably related to her lack of confidence/motivation, not taking care of her image, etc. she could change those things and they'd push her again, because she has the visuals and a nice voice too (that's probably the initial reason why they pushed her). but since she isn't changing it, they're not pushing her. She's just a theater girl now. I don't think Paruru's grad will change a thing in Naanya's situation... but I do hope she can improve and get some push again...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Nanya just wrecking her chances even more. Even if the photos do minimal damage can she really afford it. She had a big push in the beginning but fail to capitalize on it. I have a feeling management is going to abandon her even more so.

12. miyako-dori

miyako-dori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    As long as there isn't anything definitive or confession, mgmt can't openly punish them considering past ignored scandals. However, it's also certain she will face more harsh circumstances unless anything proves her innocence appears.

13. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Naanya isn't going to get bashed for this, its too small and she is too important to management.

However, 48G girls have to be the stupidest girls on the face of this planet! While you're in 48G, don't mess with boys - how hard is that to understand?

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually for removal of the No Dating Rule. Let each girl choose what she wants to do and have her live with the outcome for better or worst. However, as long as the rule is in place, they should show respect to the fans who are paying millions every year to support them. I used to be forgiving about this, but after it happens again and again, there is no excuses anymore, it's just plain disrespect.

14. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    The real problem is that she's outside at 2:00 am and she's only 17. That is against the law.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SoulSwiper

SoulSwiper Kenkyuusei

Since almost everyone here seems to be underestimating the situation, I'll clear up some things for those who can't read or understand Japanese. This happened on Sept 15, Naanya's birthday.(where she had resolved to do better, and everyone praised her for her seriousness in her work) It's allegedly a double date with 4 people. Yes, only 1 guy is shown in the picture, so you can hold on to that hope. She has always mentioned how she isn't good at communicating with guys(to explain why she wasn't good at handshakes), how she's friendly with the 15th gen. If this 2 cases raises suspicions that she has been lying, it doesn't matter how much management used to favor her. Because the fact is, the last SSK has shown how replaceable she is. With the 16th generation coming in, you would think these 2 girls are the ones that should be most worried about their position. They were really the future of AKB, but now, I honestly can't see that future anymore.

16. hikariayaka

hikariayaka Kenkyuusei

I think first time to drop here?

Even before, I already foresee her attitude and personality so about the instagram thing and bunshun report, I wouldn't be surprise.

She used to be the ace because of the aura and skills but that's it. The attitude isn't really there. Maybe that's why this thing happen.

Hope she learn her lesson and improve for the best. Lols. I don't know how many times I've said this about her to others. Kept repeating.

17. moonlit

moonlit Member

@Mana to my knowledge Naanya is Takamina's position in that stage, no? Which is pretty much the double center of that stage. Most stages with Takamina and Acchan are double center. Management could certainly take that THAT away.

18. Kafkaesque

Kafkaesque Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    owadanana
    Twitter:
    KafkaesqueDDMC
    And some people are overestimating/overreacting to this situation too. I guess the term "innocent until proven guilty" is not relevant anymore these days huh.

Seems that people straight away believe anything that came from paparazzi, without waiting to hear anything from the other party sides of story. Man, you should see how they're so quickly in jumping to their own conclusion too. It's really amazing, this fandom.

Yes, I do get it though, both of them should not hanging out at an entertainment outlet past the curfew time. I also agree with that.

But is it really the truth though? That both of them hanging out at those sort of place beyond the curfew? I mean, the only info we're all knew only came from one source, which was from the Shukan Bunshun people. You cannot rely info from one source only. They could also manipulate the story and twist it into something that will get everybody's attention (for example, lying about the timeline). Well, they're tabloid people, trying to sell their gossip stories. They will do anything to make their stories hot and spicy. And you guys straight away believe that. Good job fandom.

Anyway, I'm still confuse over the date. Some sources said it was on the 15th and some other says it was on the 17th and then another one said it was on the 19th.

Twitter.png Facebook.png

Which one was it the real one? Anyone?

Yes, you may call me delusional for defending my oshi blindly, but that's what a fan should really do. Support them no matter what.

The verdict is yet to come for this case. Just keep calm and chill out with your hasty conclusion.

19. miyako-dori

miyako-dori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    I think it's hard to understand from normal good sense but not so from a certain feeling. The feeling should be medieval and savage (or even religious), but it's true most of idols' popularities are more or less based on that. At least, I can't imagine there're many people who support idols who keep going steady. If she does and can keep her popularity, she should be called as rather a talent than an idol.

I want Kayoyon to talk about such a topic.

Love-prohibition is not a written rule, so actually that's just a current status.

20. Jugodai

Jugodai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    owadanana
    I'm going to support naanya ! Wanna know why the rules of no dating is not even a rule in many cases, Like and boys and girls go through a stage of interested in dating around the age of middle school and high school and the fact that always been natural in human instincts. The fact that I can have a daughter at the same age as naanya and tell her no dating until you become successful and wealthy for yourself that i don't have to take care of you anymore. But little do i know that she might just have a boyfriend she just met that i don't know of or a boy she knew for years and always been attracted to him and started dating him for so long that the fact that i could be mad as heck but i wouldn't be mad because this is what girls and boys do and it'll always happen. on top of that its fans seeing the girls as their favorite and what she do is her life we should support her but people just like to instigate problems and make things worse, and naanya does not belong to nobody not even the owner of akb48 only her parents can judge her and see what this issue is. pretty much they'll go with the flow as its okay cause teenager go through things like this go out with boy/girls than get rumors about whom he or she is dating. All this sounds like freaking being in middle school and high school with everyone being haters. Hello earth to humans this is just a stepping stage into interacting with boys from a woman of young adult age. Plus we talking about 48's group in total that a pretty big number despite everyone thinking all these girls going to follow these rule when clearly half of the crew maybe or small percentage of girls will bend the rule and start going out hangout during late night or being around boys. The rules need to be change man.