[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    Altho Milky may have had that fishing character but she's actually not all that good at hiding her true feelings. It's very easy to tell if she's interested in something or not. I feel like that she's actually have been like that for awhile it's just in her last few months it was extra apparent. Hey, what do I know.

2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Positive: Okada Ayaka, Murayama Yuiri and Kitazawa Saki is a real love triangle

(I hate when two people fighting over one person is called a love triangle, that's clearly a love caret)

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I think Paruru didn't want to answer the question, so she didn't. It's not that she doesn't have friends, it's just that she thinks it's none of your business who her friends are. If you want to see her not answer a question, watch her answer Tokumitsu Kazuo during her SSK speech in 2015 (?) - whichever year it was that she first ignored him then walked away.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

if the video does not show watch the video here

Has anyone seen this?

P.S. ,

Someone bring the weed and coke.

We're going to have a wildtime!

5. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Looks like AKB48 found numerically appropriate place in this chart lol

Jokes aside it's kind of sad to see how far they have dropped actually.
    Hint: コンサート動員 translates something like concert attendance.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  6. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Well, the group that do more concert might have a higher chance to have bigger attendance. I also believe they included theater performance (which is why AKB number on the right row is inflated).
    Now, I don't know which time period they chose to get the data thus I can't really comment whether AKB or HKT have more concert and how they count the number for AKB and HKT (I assume if it is a AKB48G event it would count towards AKB?) but I don't think AKB is worried about it. Personally whenever I see this kind of data, I would also like for the methodology to be disclosed.

Anyway, this is different data and from 2015 from this site http://www.musicman-net.com/sp/business/53700.html
    Their woman idol ranking (rank, group name, estimated attendance, number of performances)
    1 Momoiro Clover Z 277.212 39
    2 Nogizaka46 256.422 48
    3 AKB48 243.475 42
    4 Morning Musume. '15 163.292 70
    5 NMB48 152,000 15
    See, no HKT but there is NMB. Also Nogizaka have higher attendance than AKB but more performance. Judging by the number of performance, it probably didn't include theater performance.
    It isn't that I don't believe that HKT can have higher number than AKB, especially since they are doing tours, but again, I would like to see how they get that number.

edit: of course they might disclose it in that magazine article, but somehow people are more obsessed with only looking the result and didn't bother to scan/read the rest of the article.

7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    They are essentially just counting every single daily theater performance as if it's a full fledged concert comparable to the other groups, seems a reasonable calculation to me [irony].

8. Rurouni

Theater venue is really small tho vs your usual concert venue. I don't mind AKB do more concert as long as it doesn't sacrifice their theater performance (which is easier said than done, especially true if you want to involve all the members).

9. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Nikkei's rankings always struck me as shoddy and weird, especially their Talent Power Ranking (of which they never really explained the calculation process and to this day I assume is largely based on wishful thinking), somehow they always put Momoiro Clover on top even though they have rapidly become a non-entity on every media and anyone can notice it. Here's their 2015 version of their concert attendance ranking, anyway, which you can compare to the Musicman.net ranking that @Rurouni linked, just to see how even the calculations from the same year don't match.

Also a bit below on the same page, in the section explaining the criteria for their counting you can read that:
    - It's only concerts where the artist performed solo (how does it work for AKB where they always perform together with sister groups at concerts? More details later), it includes all concerts done or planned from January 1 to December 31.
    - The numbers are based on the assumption that they sold out all the seats in every venue (even the concerts that haven't been performed yet!), without apparently Nikkei verifying if this is actually true (essentially, the one who rents the bigger venue wins)
    - Festivals (like the Sousenkyo pre-show performances or Aki Matsuri), akushukai, campus festivals (like the guerrilla live to earthquake areas? Or Team 8's lives?) and concerts where other artists in the list appear (unless as guests) are left out. Private fanclub events where "singing is the main part" are still in, however.
    - Concerts akin to Mezamashi Live, requiring a "passport" (essentially a one-day ticket for the given amusement park) to enter are also out (so the USJ concerts aren't counted in either, regardless)

So yeah, you can only guess what's left after all the butchering is done.

Verdict: into the trash it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It's not like they're judging per performance. They're being ranked by total number so why not add it in?

I'm pretty sure AKB's count performances with sister groups as if they were members of both AKB and their home group. They essentially are, anyway. Otherwise AKB would be fairly close to zero.

11. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

The fact that they cant sell big venues except for SSK related stuff now is sad

12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    AKB has had at least three solo concerts this year--tandoku request hour, akb only concert before takamina's grad, thanksgiving concert. Not sure about RH but the other two were at fairly large venues. Then if you estimate 250 theater performances * ~300 attendees each, that's already 75k, more than half what they have listed for AKB.

I think it's much more likely they're not counting group events at all.

13. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    At any rate, what Nikkei is doing in the chart is simply taking the max venue capacity (not the real attendee numbers) for each "concert" that meets their criteria and summing all up, like they openly state in the beginning of the other article. Discussing these numbers as if they are grounded in reality, or using it as proof that "they aren't selling well anymore", is disingenuous.

14. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Obviously they arent selling that well anymore, the size of the venue has gone done dramatically. Now they cant even do domes anymore. Except for SSK related event.

This year they started with Yokohama Stadium for a Takamina's grad con with 2 prior spring concerts. Thats only 30k capacity and only Takamina's grad sold out. Then they only hsve SSK related concerts, 2 in Niigata, 1 thank giving fes in SSA and 1 in Yokohama Arena(which is small). They dont even do winter concert this year.

Next year's 2 spring concerts + Nyannyan grad is in Yoyogi Stadium and thats only 10k capacity. (I think Nyan's grad con couldve filled a 30k venue easily)

Obviously the management realised that they cant do huge ass venues anymore without graduation or being related to SSK, otherwise they wouldve gone for bigger venues.

15. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
  16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  17. zoeykobe

zoeykobe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    WOW thats great to see yukirin performing in a game!! Though from the crowd's response i dont think most of them actually know the songs and yukirin herself. I think if more members do this, it will expose AKB to much more people haha

speaking of that, how did she end up performing there?

18. Rurouni

It is not only Yukirin. SKE also performed. It is your regular half time show where they need to fill it with something. How do they ended up with Yukirin and SKE, I don't know. It is usually up to the planner/organizer to chose what they will do or which artist they will chose for the half time show. Probably someone just happened to be Yukirin and SKE fans.

19. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Btw. there is another article about concert attendance covering first half of 2016 period: http://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000023.000004304.html
    This time I believe they are counting real attendee numbers.

I personally think AKB could pull off with relative ease 1-2 concert per year in Seibu dome sized venues today.
    The reason why they are not doing this is financial bottom line. It's very expensive with production level fans are used to.
    Back in days they used to do team based national tours all across Japan in smaller 2000-3000 sized venues. Compared to domes and arenas rent must be dirt cheap. I wonder why they stopped doing smaller tours?

20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    >ライブ動員数は、チケットが完売したと仮定して、当社で独自に調査した各会場の収容人数を合計した推定値です。
    Unfortunately, even this one just calculates the total using the max seat capacity of the venue. I guess that actually going to check the attendance for each concert one by one is too much of a hassle for those survey agencies.

>複数のアーティストが出演するイベントやフェスは集計対象外としています。
    Events where more than one of the listed artists performed are also counted out, which once again makes the estimates pretty iffy for concerts like AKB's.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016