TV / Radio Tofu Pro Wrestling (2017/01/21 - 2017/07/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    ^ Thanks for translating.

At first glance I thought it was AKB vs sister groups. Turns out its not that.

And I'm loving the sentai outfit more and more.

2. MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko

MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Thank you so much :D !!! Jurina "let's challenge it with seriousness" and Sakura's words... all the girls are ready to blow us guys !! Maybe in the future they will become pro wrestlers, who knows ? LET'S SHOW THEM OUR FULL SUPPORT FOR THIS DRAMA !!!!

3. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

This was posted in Yuihan thread, I think it would be more sensible to answer it here.
    If we are talking about who is likely not suitable for this, Jurina will be in the bottom of my list. Jurina is athletic, she definitely can handle it. Sakura tho? Rika? Miion? Those 3 are the pushed member. Jurina is there like Yokoyama Yui is there.
    Also the lead character is still Sakura. Sakura is also the lead character for Cabasuka Gakuen. She is probably the top 2 character in MG4,5, and Crow's Blood. Basically she is in the front more often on AKB drama. She is the main AKS push. From what I see, Jurina is a better actress than Sakura. If they have an audition for this drama, I'm pretty sure Jurina can enter on merit.
    Anyway, it is better for Sakura to have Jurina around. If they pair an inexperienced member with her, then it will be harder for her to improve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Never enough said Jurina we can give her any role and she handle it perfectly she's so talented !

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. XOMuseHeart

XOMuseHeart Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Please stop Aki-Pi and management. Jurina's no longer "new gen" for the majority of the fans.

6. MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Did I say Something wrong :/ ? In my opinion (some feel the same) Jurina has Something that some of the others girls don't have with acting, we can feel it she's very confident :) but that's all Nothing more...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. XOMuseHeart

XOMuseHeart Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Yeah I can't deny that. But it would be nice to see other members in the position she's in. I truly believe she has enough of a push as it is.

8. MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Aaah I completely agree with you don't worry ;) ! I share your thoughts too and I have Nothing against the girls, I also want to see the others in her position... Sorry if I... hurted you ;) ! My apologies !!

9. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    Well, this year will be the last year of jurina being teenager and on january she will attend the coming of age ceremony.... also remember what aki-p said when jurina became 18 that he will polish jurina. maybe this is the way (???). The thing is jurina joined SKE when she was 11 that's 8 years ago, and she's on the spotlight since that, for me, (not being biased) she's still a one of the next gen ace. And Jurina will not stop until she and other SKE members will take the top (SKE48 on the top) :lol::lol::lol:
    Also Sakura & Jurina being in those drama is a good choice both of them have a good chemistry as the 2 main characters (And they attract new fans).

10. MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Ok I guess we're going to fight to see our favorites girls on screen, who wants to start ? xD I want to see her, her, not her, the other... MAYU AND PARU (NO, none of them anyway) I just want to add for last about Jurina that she's a model for everyone by her skills and it's a good thing. Now, agree, disagree with who you want to see in the Spotlight guys for Tofu it's fine (we could have done this way this other way it's annoying, it's great etc... :asdfgh:but I think we all understand how does it work and thinking about a lot of facts) and for my part I have both feelings about the characters put in this show same as many of you BUT I don't really care as long as they bring new stuff and what we all want is watching Tofu and see :D if we like it or not that's all it's the most important thing !! And remember (well I hope for you), that many dramas are coming so you can see your favorite girl appear in it in the future, if not then call the production or simply don't watch it :lol:!! So, let's start Tofu, we can't wait for you !! :cute::omfg: while waiting for it coming, I finish watching Cabasuka Gakuen and rewatching Majisuka.

11. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Meh I thought itd be actual training for an event or something like they did with yui, haruu etc a few years ago not another drama. The promotion Stardom already has rookies younger than most of the cast of this who are actually wrestling infront of crowds.

12. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Well THANK YOU... I was wondering how to find this Thread. I have an appropriate Reply to your Assessment. Let us BOTH Agree that AKB (proper) has no 'home made star' (YET!) worthy of carrying the show so now, AKS relies on 2 Members w/ Rabid Fan bases to sell the series. Jurina (SKE) & Sakura (HKT). THIS is AKS's fault for Not Properly handling it's own HOUSE image sooner (thank God Takamina isn't involved). You say they PUSH Sakura too much?? I say she's "earned" her seat at the table (As far back as "UZA" she's given 110%) & her original fans saw her potential in 2013- he fans Forced her on to AKB's radar- she wasn't "given" a Push, AKB is utilizing her appeal ever growing fan base. I can concede that Jurina has her own equally rabid & dedicated fan base- But she's been at Sakura's level since 2012. Different Strokes. Also it would make more sense if Sayanee was there - We all want to see Sayanee vs Jurina - lol.

What I do like here is "RISK TAKING!"- this seems to be the type of show AKS would've made just for Otaku viewers. You got the Cosplay element - the girls can ham it up. No One is taking this "seriously" but it's going to be a very B Movie style camp that could be VERY Entertaining (much in the way PV "Gingham Check" trailer movies were). Getting these 'soft girls' to be Wrestlers - LOL. Paruru couldn't do this because it's sweaty & beneath her (& she's Grad). This looks like a PERFECT time to have Aya Shibata & Suda Akari...but alas no.

At least these Large Ensemble shows give enough AKB48 girls a chance at bat on screen w/ smaller roles. So in that respect you need to mainstays like Jurina & Sakura.

Except....
    one that requires a Bikini bottom - lol. 20 yr old still doing "Boy Shorts". I kid, I kid... Jurina is Gorgeous in the face & frame....But ANY Role? really? I've never seen her break character once. She's always gonna AKI-P's little Hime & given what other Idols had to work for.

It's a matter of taste. I can see why some "don't get Sakura" (or Haruppi) but having seeing their charms years before they were "Pushed" in AKB I can chill. Jurina has been "pushed" since she was "11" - before SKE officially existed - Jurina was it's #1 girl- She's Aced 90% of it's A-list & No One in SKE gets any "cake" until Jurina the 1st piece (so to speak). AND to counter-point this- While Sakura was rising in AKB (along w/ Haruppi & Mio)- they don't rule HKT48 w/ an Iron Fist. while S & H are popular in HKT - you don't get this sense that it's ALL About them- they way SKE can be seen as Jurina48.

I'll be honest- Jurina can be Sexy & Moe when she wants to be- Maybe this will be a "new Side" of her? I'm hopeful. It's one of the few shows that won't really reply on SUBS to Enjoy the Visual Feast - lol.

POLISH?? He's a song writer NOT A Magician!!
    What is he gonna "pull out of Jurina" that she hasn't already shown us? Dance faster? Smile brighter? Sing better? (Physical Enhancements?)- I've often said my "Issue" w/ Jurina is she has no "Bonkai" (2nd Stage release)- she's at the Apex of what she can offer. You either like what she's selling or don't. I find AKI-P's "obsession" w/ making her a star morbid - he has to be dragged kicking & screaming to notice Sakura & Haruppi. Yet, Ironically he almost had to drag Paruru 'Salty & Sleeping' Into Stardom - lol. Jurina at 20 is the same as Jurina at 16 (same as 14). There's "Polish" & there's a New Coat of Paint - Neither will improve the little red wagon you played w/ when you were 11-14. BUT... I could be wrong. She certainly has skills & her election votes speak for themselves.

13. MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Oh my god... HEM ^^ anyway how many épisodes for Tofu guys please ?

14. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    While we're at it, has Jurina been placed as a lead in anything significant? Pardon my ignorance but I can't remember big main leads for her and if I can't get one from the top of my head for someone like her, I think it's bad...

Thinking about that I honestly believe Jurina could have been a better lead for this. But I guess they need an obviously tougher girl to counter sweet and apparently weak Sakura XD

15. yorsavior11

yorsavior11 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakanoikumi
    AKBNation...

Why don't they put john cena here...

16. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I was referring to her stance in SKE. She can rule all she wants there (Home field advantage) - just like Sayanee in NMB. The fact that she's been nudging into AKB stuff while having totally exposure in SKE since it's Inception. I thought she wasn't Kennin anymore. I have noticed they 'dialed back' her close-ups in "High Tension" (MV) & TV Performances. I don't dislike her- just wish they'd give another SKE gal a taste ya know?

Sakura has that sweet little sister vibe (like Shiori had in MomoClo)- acting demure but still being strong is her charm point. Haruppi is an excellent foil for Sakura (like Acchan vs Yuko was). Jurina had a counter in Rena Matsui...but they never bother to find her a New One.

17. MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Haruppi :) is going to kick the girls out

18. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

You've got the wrong Haru... It's Haruu who will kick everyone if this is a real wrestling match :p

19. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    :omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg:I totally agree with you but some wotas will not be happy [hehe]

20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    And you know how real wrestling matches are ......real :whistle: