Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    Some quotes I found about Sayaya in this very thread.

2. A-TeensFan

A-TeensFan Kenkyuusei

these girls should form a new damn band, called Kami 7 and that's it~

3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

No that's not correct. Acchan graduated with a clean record, she had 0 scandals through her AKB career. the thing with Sato Takeru happened after graduation which means she wasn't an idol anymore (and had the right to meet with boys without being considered an issue) the scandal itself was more because she was drunk LOL. But during her AKB career she had 0 scandals, nothing. and Yuko as well, unless you count rumors... but yeah Mayuyu is not the first AKB member who's a top member and won elections and graduate with a clean record, Acchan did it too, and Yuko too considering she was never caught despite rumors.

4. Fernando

Fernando Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Thanks for everything, Mayu.

It only remains to enjoy the time that remains with her as an idol and follow her in her next career as an actress which, I'm sure, will be very helpful to her.

5. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I guess I'm kind of lucky to be able to see Mayuyu grow up, from that cute CG girl with her twin tails into a mature woman. It is indeed time, I guess, for her to move on.

She's more than paid her dues, her curtain calls.
    Her fans have brought her fame (and perhaps fortune) and she thanked them all.

I don't think it's been a bed of roses or a pleasure cruise,
    she considered it a challenge and she didn't lose.

Ganbatte, Mayuyu.

See you on the other side.

6. kmacu

kmacu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Thanks to everyone for being able to write so many great things... I'm not quite "over it" yet, so I don't have much to add yet...

I think because this wasn't the happiest graduation announcement (that I would've wished for Mayu), I'm still kind of processing. But I'm happy that Mayu will finally be "free". I think she needs to move forward for AKB's sake as well as her own.

For me, she's been The Idol™. The only one that could possibly be labeled "kami" for me. I will always follow her. Wishing her the best! <3

:flower:

7. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy
    Sigh. More than 24 hours have passed but the pain still remains, much more than I imagined. As much as I wished for her to graduate soon to pursue her dreams, it's really saddening when it really happens. Still unable to gather my thoughts properly, but..

Thank you for everything, Mayu. While I may have become a fan rather late, only in 2013, these 4 years have been wonderful. It so happened that I came across Mayu just when I was going through the darkest period in my life, and man, my life has been brightened up so much. I believe she has brought much more smiles to many more fans out there.. so thank you Mayu.
    Thank you for everything you've brought to AKB. I would have never become an AKB fan should I not have come across the existence of this very person, Watanabe Mayu.
    It has been a fun journey indeed. But here's to many more years and many more dreams accomplished :flower:

8. qpet

qpet Future Girls

https://twitter.com/karaage_mayu/status/876058153732907010 I think it will be this year :(

I hope she can feel the love from everyone and cheer up soon
    With Nana<3 DCnLUkhUAAEBCe_.jpg DCnLUkiU0AA8PRq.jpg https://twitter.com/okadanana_1107/status/876455165158596608
    "Mayu san's announcing graduation :( I entered AKB because I adore mayu san … It's all thanks to Mayu san, I become who I am now I want to do my best to continue protecting AKB which mayu san always protect. aaah mayu san :cry::cry::cry:"
    tl from: https://twitter.com/Okadananafans/status/876464731464151040

9. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  10. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

Congratulations Mayuyu! On winning 2nd place and graduating from AKB.

I've been more interested these past couple of years in what Mayuyu would do after AKB. I truly think she can become an actress, and I'd like to see her get better at variety. The early Kami 7 members are still active today, which tells you their popularity and staying power are not to be underestimated.

11. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    The saddest thing about her announcement was hearing her say she was graduating and being met with no response. No "ehh", no screams from the members. It was like everyone was defeated by everything that had already happened, and that was the icing on the cake, welp.

Despite that, I feel that it's her time to go, like with Yuko, Mayu has achieved everything she could possibly hope for in AKB. If she wants to improve herself anymore, she has to leave the very place that is preventing her to fly higher. At the same time, being a fan of AKB for years and loving Mayu through all of that time, it's really saddening to see her go. As I always do with graduates, I wish her the best in her future activities and hope that she graduates with no regrets.

12. sno_rpg

sno_rpg Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    As a Mayu oshi, I just felt relieved knowing she's ready to leave her safe haven now to challenge herself and the world outside.
    I've been waiting for her announcement this year. I just knew in my mind that she will drop the mic this year. Just never thought it would be in SSK.

I'm thankful that she left a great legacy in AKB. She inspired a lot of her juniors and I think that's a great job from her. Watching her since she debuted, I just feel so proud now and not even sad, not even a bit. :)

13. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I knew she was going to announce her grad soon; it was just a matter of time.

Nevertheless, it will be difficult to see her leave AKB. I though my kami-oshi leaving AKB a year ago was bad enough, but it never struck me how Mayuyu made an impact on me as an AKB fan until her grad announcement. I can remember the days she was wearing her twin pigtails and being a "cyborg" idol most of the time. I sort of disliked her at first simply because because she had that "pure idol" personality during those years, but as she grew up and developed more of a mature image, I realized there was much more to love about Mayuyu than simply her image as an idol. Her ambition to succeed and do well by pursuing an acting career made me respect her a bit. How time flies so fast. Not to mention the fact that a lot of current members look up to her as a role model; it's crazy imagining the impact she already has on so many people.

Thanks for everything, Mayuyu. Looking forward to your post-AKB endeavors! (Which will hopefully include a few singles between your acting jobs here and there. ;))

14. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

Like many people, she is my first love into AKB
    from cybrog twin tail idol to angry/funny mature mayuyu

I thought I was prepared to hear her say those words of graduation, but damn it hurt a bit to actually hear her say it.
    Another big chapter ends in the book of AKB for sure.

15. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I'm not sure about it, perhaps it's just me... but the winner announcement last Saturday looked like a depressing event. I don't really see anybody looking particularly happy.

16. corcoran

corcoran Kenkyuusei

Well, after years being a silent reader, I decide to post something here. it will be my first and last post. Thanks for everything Mayuyu. Goodbye Mayuyu. Goodbye AKB.

17. A-TeensFan

A-TeensFan Kenkyuusei

March 2018? that long? I wish she would f,ing leave AKb48 right after the 49th single.

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  19. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, but I bet everyone here in this thread would appreciate it if you wouldn't use such harsh language.

• Like Like x 5
  20. cvbm

cvbm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    BTW when Mayu's sixth single "Mamotte Agetakunaru" is going to release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk