Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Back in 2017 when Mayu released her solo album 'Best Regards' it came with a bonus DVD in which she went on a kind of 'treasure hunt' game in Santa Monica, California. I have a recollection that at around the same time a Japanese TV station broadcast some sort of documentary of her visit to the city and in it she met up with a local man. When she met him he went to kiss her, probably just on the cheek but we'll never know because there was a very bad and quite amateurish jump cut in which the kiss was edited out.

Unfortunately I can't find the video again anywhere (there's probably a link buried somewhere in her thread but it might be dead anyway) so I can't remember who he was and why he met her but he did seem to know her. Does anyone else remember it?

• Like Like x 2
  2. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    From your descriptions,
    I can't say I saw it but I did some digging:
    Was it this video and moment?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    video: www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Ns411C7aH/ and https://twitter.com/mama_toma3/status/759371518962839556

Seems like it was a showroom video on July 30, 2016 with this tag #助けてまゆゆ to help Mayuyu find things.

If so, that was the director of CROW'S BLOOD, Darren Lynn Bousman
    [​IMG]
    The director kinda promised to put Mayuyu on more movies [hehe]

I apologize if I got it wrong!

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Thanks, that's exactly as I remember it!

4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

I know when I posted that a couple of months ago that it was going to be a long shot and I was hoping for a miracle. But I'm going to always hope that we will see Mayuyu one day again somewhere. (and if we don't, I hope she is living the best life out there)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. mentos48

mentos48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    its really sad (but understandable) that Mayuyu didn't show up at the graduation show, maybe i really had high hopes! if she went, i think she was really discreet (almost a 007 agent) and sat in the most empty seat hahaha! honestly, as someone who followed her for many years and now deals with the fact that she has become a totally non-celebrity who vanished without a trace and as is being speculated in some places on the internet, i personally don't think she has children or is in a relationship (as much as i would love it to be true, like, imagine a bunch of "mini Mayu" running around the house, how adorable! :cute:).
    she has always been extremely the kind of otaku that didn't leave home and known for it! obs: i identify a lot with this 'hikikomori' side of Mayuyu lol! but, who knows, maybe we can dream of Mayuyu going to the Yukirin's last concert at the theater? its not over yet, it's unlikely given the scenario we currently see, but never impossible! if it is her decision to NEVER appear again (without any exceptions), i completely understand and respect her, but i would like to see her just like all the fans... btw i don't think she's living abroad, i don't think Mayu is the type of person who would do very well outside of Japan!
    from the bottom of my heart, i hope she is well, healthy and happy with her lifestyle! <3

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  6. fire_cheetah

fire_cheetah Kenkyuusei

https://mdpr.jp/music/4228713

A significant part of Yukirin’s grad con was similar to Mayuyu’s. I think she still holds a very high regard of their friendship.

I read Yukirin’s letter to Mayuyu at Mayu’s grad con again, “Mayuyu, please consider more about yourself after you graduate, please learn to be more selfish. I will always be Mayu’s classmate, also be Mayu’s best friend, sometimes I will also be Mayu’s mum as well”.

Although Mayu didn’t show up, they will understand each other. Both of them are mature enough to determine what is the best for Mayu.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Happy 30th birthday, Mayuyu! Wherever you are, whatever interests you currently have, your fans always remember you and love you!
    :ome:

• Like Like x 4
  8. fire_cheetah

fire_cheetah Kenkyuusei

Happy birthday to Mayuyu! No matter where you go, we will forever be influenced positively by you. I learned how to be a serious and honest person because of you and it had benefitted me so many times in my private life. Therefore I am sure that you will be awarded for what you did too! Please enjoy whatever you like and I will always pray for your success and happiness! I love you forever!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    • Like Like x 3
  11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Happy Birthday to the Queen

Happy 30th Birthday Mayuyu where you are. Hope you had a good birthday :).

• Like Like x 2
  12. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    • Like Like x 3