[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Why?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

So, anyone think the Makuhari Mese concert will be released on BD, and do we have to wait 1-2 year for it?
    I so want to watch Imaizumi's solo ;/ so much emotion into that performance. Think I replayed the short clip from Keyakitte 500+ times by now.

Also one of my fav songs, but studio recording is so boring to listen to.
    Same with Hirates solo, studio recording so meh, performance on Makuhari seems so good.

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Hmm. The new photo has always been there for me (Neru was the only one I had to fix). Thanks for telling me, though. I hope it's okay now.

5. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    According to sources it'll be released, we'll just be DEAD before it gets released (they're STILL working on ariake if you can believe it).

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

6. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

Agree.

But if ever they should take the 'artist' path seriously, a nice option would be to make the members themselves plan out or mold ideas for the most part in a single release. Like having Fuuchan, Zuzumon and Techi fully choreograph an A-side single release. Or having the singing divas Zuumin and Yuipon composed most of the songs. All, of course under some form of (limited) guidance by experts/adults.

Claiming that the bulk of the content in a Single had been produce by the members themselves would, imo, be a good marketing strategy. (This has been a growing trend in other idol groups btw)

This is probably just me, curious of how it would be should management allow the members full control in a single release, and how the public will receive it. I hope it happens though, but its unlikely T_T.

7. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    What mistake(s) did Tokyo Girls' Style do that caused them not to be as successful as they wanted?

8. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Is it a rip-off...

if the video does not show watch the video here

of this song? [hehe]

if the video does not show watch the video here

9. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Their "artist declaration" ended up a failure.

10. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Ehhh there is some similarity, but pop music has a lot of songs with a similar structure just look up all the songs that sound like Pachelbel's Canon in D.

11. Yami

Yami Kenkyuusei

No, it just sound similar in some part but like Meiji Ishin said above. There are alot of songs with similar structure.

12. aimergiga

aimergiga Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    You have mentioned why nowadays Keya is so popular "they are idol that doesn't looks like other Idol". Plz remember now their fans are still formed by "wota" and they are far away from the true "artist". They are "artist" JUST in the Idol level.

13. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    ^ I describe an 'Artist' as someone who creates and produces their OWN songs, OWN lyrics, OWN choreography, doesn't have to be all, but at least just one of those people who has contributed something in producing the song from scratch.
    Besides, you could still be called an 'Artist' and still do fanmeets, hi-touch or handshakes. And you don't have to be not on the 'cutesy' genre to be one @.@

14. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Would that make BiSH an artist group not an idol group since members often write the lyrics to their songs and member Aina the End is the choreographer for the group?
    In the West we don't have the delineation between artist and idol (as idol isn't really a thing in the West), in Japan it seems the delineation between artist and idol is based simply on what a group or individual calls themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    ^ I actually wrote an essay on that subject which got me into university (to study Japanese). I came to the conclusion that the only real requirement to be an idol is to refer to yourself (or have your management refer to you) as one since every other definition I came up with had it's exceptions. Everything else that gives performer the "idol" feeling (style of music, lack of creative control, marketing strategies) varies from idol to idol, especially in an age where it's becoming more and more common to push the limits of what an idol can be (BiSH being a prominent example).

• Like Like x 2
  16. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Then there is Oomori Seiko whose categorization as an idol or artist seems totally dependent on her mood at the moment, although she does love herself some idols and seems particularly obsessed with Keya.

17. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    By this definition my 4 year old niece is totally an artist. She makes her own songs, her own lyrics and her own disastrous choreographies and go on and on and on. [hehe] (also, that cut off A LOT of people in the Industry)

Personally, I think it's a disservice to the girls themselves consider them "just idols" whatever that means.
    They are performers.
    Some one on the way to be something more, someone couldn't care less, but still performers.
    I think, for me, someone like Takahiro sensei is the top when it come to be an artist; he reached that stage where he is not just a dancer anymore; HE IS his dance. And he would be that even if he was a member of some idol group (lol)

The difference, for me, is the path the girls chose for themselves, not the definition we give them.
    I have big hopes for them individually...

Marion Zimmer Bradley once wrote in answer to a reader:"If the first thing you think about in the morning and the last before sleeping is writing, then you're a writer." and I completely condivide this way of thinking.

Have a good day everyone :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

this 'artist' discussion, is it keyakizaka46 as a whole or individual members?
    at the end of the day, they are an idol group. if calling them just an idol group somehow sounds belittling then don't call them "JUST" AN IDOL GROUP, call them an IDOL GROUP. makes sense? nothing wrong with that, that's what they are. they wouldn't audition for an idol group if they can make it individually or in a small group, right? as a group they will remain an idol group. it's admirable if some members have this kind of goal/dream to be considered as an artist or be an artist in the near future. didn't they also discussed in their show being an idol is not the end goal (maybe it's another idol group). as individuals now they are idols but who knows which of them would eventually reach this 'artist' dream. for now obviously none of them is there yet.

as a fan, if you consider them an artist, i also don't see anything wrong with that. i think every fan have the right to call them whatever they wish to call them. i'm not gonna throw in my own definition of what (considered) an artist is, or copy paste anything found in the internet, or dictionary. they are built as an idol group with the same idol ingredient. if they abandon HS events, they won't sell as much, they remove variety, they won't gain any further attention from outsiders. i saw one show asking foreigners what they think about idols. some say, they couldn't sing, they just dance and smile, one said they don't have any talent (with eyes rolling). maybe that's why some of you guys doesn't want to call them just an idol. but just because they look cool, their choreo is awesome doesn't mean they are above and beyond other idol groups. true, in comparison with other groups they could be better. a better idol group, they have members that are better idols. and let's not talk about singing. let's be honest, how many of them really have the talent? there are few, very few. they have different kind of genre? i don't think so. their kind of music is not the first and last coming from an idol group. perhaps many are familiar with the happy, cheesy, high energy idol songs. they have those kinds too.

i hope i don't sound too negative because i'm not trying to be. like i said it's very admirable to aim for this "artist" goal and i hope some of them can achieve individual success. it's a stepping stone, no need to rush. if you enjoy their music, what else is there to ask? for me Keyakizaka46 is an idol group. individually, for these girls, still early to say this i guess but good luck to them really. wouldn't it be nice if some of them someday be introduced by their name and not attached with the group they once belong? i think that would be cool. :chuffed:

• Like Like x 4
  19. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Bunny

Bunny Kenkyuusei